Dale Jarrett

thegunslinger

What does everyone think about the comments he has made lately regarding his new savior sponsor? In 1999 he was a champion for FoMoCo. Now he is speaking the same bullshit rhetoric that many other money grubbers are speaking. Possibly because it is all he has left. He has turned his back on those who put him where he is today, in the name of money. Ah, well, some things never change. David Pearson would not have driven a Toyota, neither would Richard Petty. Dale Earnhardt Sr. damn sure would not have driven a ricer. They knew and understood what their fans were all about. It seems that only the money hungry, the too old, or the never was , are interested in Toyota. I am not that big of a Jack Roush fan, but I hope that he realizes his dream of beating the dogshit out of Toyota in their first and hopefully last season. I hate foreign vehicles. I always have and I always will. Toyotas may make excellent field cars however, because it is of no concern if it gets destroyed in the process.

What does everyone think about the comments he has made lately regarding his new savior sponsor? In 1999 he was a champion for FoMoCo. Now he is speaking the same bullshit rhetoric that many other money grubbers are speaking. Possibly because it is all he has left. He has turned his back on those who put him where he is today, in the name of money. Ah, well, some things never change. David Pearson would not have driven a Toyota, neither would Richard Petty. Dale Earnhardt Sr. damn sure would not have driven a ricer. They knew and understood what their fans were all about. It seems that only the money hungry, the too old, or the never was , are interested in Toyota. I am not that big of a Jack Roush fan, but I hope that he realizes his dream of beating the dogshit out of Toyota in their first and hopefully last season. I hate foreign vehicles. I always have and I always will. Toyotas may make excellent field cars however, because it is of no concern if it gets destroyed in the process.

I'm all for people making as much money as they legally can. However if it wasn't for FMC Dale would not even be in racing. His Dad drove Fords and was one of the 'factory drivers' in the 60's. I think Dale has forgotten where he came from.Toyota's approach to racing is like everything else that they do...it's slow and leliberate....see what they did in the truck series...like you I would never own or drive a foreign car, but it appears that in the not-too-distant-future you and I will be in the minority.

All race drivers are bottom line driven.

Pay them enough and they will drive anything and read the prepared script.

Just to play the devil's advocate here....If you had the chance to either work for Toyota/Honda and Ford was laying off. Would you take the job??

Although I'm certainly no Dale Jarrett fan, I say good luck to him. If I had my choice of driving a Ford made in Mexico, or a Toyota made in the US, I'd pick the Toyota too.

Funny part is. The cars they will be racing (if we can even call it that) are more USA then all of the cars they represent... (Minus the MSD ignition of course)

But the biggest kicker is you can only buy stock into 3 of the companies that race in the series.

Although I'm certainly no Dale Jarrett fan, I say good luck to him. If I had my choice of driving a Ford made in Mexico, or a Toyota made in the US, I'd pick the Toyota too.

Right, because Toyota doesn't build anything in Mexico...

<a href="http://www.toyota.com/about/operations/na-affiliates/index.html" target="_blank">Toyota Motor Manufacturing de Baja California

Manufacturing plant in Baja California, Mexico. Established in 2002.

TMMBC builds Tacoma pickup trucks and Tacoma truck beds. The plant has an annual capacity of 180,000 truck beds and 30,000 Tacoma pickup trucks. The truck beds are used in production both at TMMBC and NUMMI.

</a>

Since the Taurus is back, I would bet money that Ford will call their COT car Taurus (and the Taurus is built in Chicago). Any takers?

Edited by NLPRacing

I'm all for people making as much money as they legally can. However if it wasn't for FMC Dale would not even be in racing. His Dad drove Fords and was one of the 'factory drivers' in the 60's. I think Dale has forgotten where he came from.Toyota's approach to racing is like everything else that they do...it's slow and leliberate....see what they did in the truck series...like you I would never own or drive a foreign car, but it appears that in the not-too-distant-future you and I will be in the minority.

I agree with you with what you say. Dale Sr drove a Ford with Bud Moore early on in his NASCAR career, and his dad Ralph drove a lot of Fords as well. I do not mean to get into a Ford vs. Chevy duel here. And I agree with making the money while it is available. But, to hear a person say things about Toyota like: they employ many Americans, and they are made in America, and so forth, while those in the know such as us, actually know that the main profit goes back to the motherland instead of being reinvested into our economic structure, while not allowing our product to be built and distributed in Japan on the same proportional level. That is doublespeak at it's best. All I am saying is, be honest Dale. Tell us it is for the money. This ain't going to happen of course. Toyota is not an American company. They are not interested in anything American other than $$$.

And to think...............I was mad about Bill Elliott going to Dodge!!!! Dale Jarrett hasn't been relevant in a few years anyway so I'm glad he's gone. Dale (was) GREAT and now he drives like he IS racing in the truck! Dale is a has-been so his leaving will make room for more talented young drivers......Dead Weight Dale will no longer crowd the back of the field or hold up the leaders in a Ford and I for one am glad. Toyota will have to find better drivers to win but they do think they bought a fan base. We will see............Only 8 day till Daytona!

This thread reminds me of the last NASCAR race I went to, the Truck series race at MIS back in June. When they announced Jarrett and the other soon to be Toyota drivers, the fans booed big time. I didn't really notice...I was distracted by the gorgeous girl a couple rows ahead in the bikini top that was arching her back like.....uhh, nevermind. Anyway, they booed.

Edited by Hellcat_F6F

And to think...............I was mad about Bill Elliott going to Dodge!!!! Dale Jarrett hasn't been relevant in a few years anyway so I'm glad he's gone. Dale (was) GREAT and now he drives like he IS racing in the truck! Dale is a has-been so his leaving will make room for more talented young drivers......Dead Weight Dale will no longer crowd the back of the field or hold up the leaders in a Ford and I for one am glad. Toyota will have to find better drivers to win but they do think they bought a fan base. We will see............Only 8 day till Daytona!

Just think where RYR would be had they replaced Dale with Kasey Kahne...

I'm going to watch the race just to see someone spin the rice burners into the wall. I would rather drive a Ford made in Mexico, ( don't forget street Fusions engines are made in Brookpark, Ohio in the good old USA ), Then a rice burner where all the profits go back to Japan. ( wonder if the Toyota race car will be painted like a Japaniese Zero )

NASCAR is similar to Championship Wrestling. Championship Wrestling (CW) is not real wresting and NASCAR isn’t real stock cars. Not even close. NASCAR series is a show, not a race.

The Indy series (Honda engine) is closer to today’s cars than NASCAR is.

One person (NASCAR Chairman and CEO Brian France) runs the series. Mr. France wants to keep the race from being innovative or influenced by the manufactures.

Since the cars are so close to being the same and the series is controlled with an iron fist, why would the drivers have any loyalty to the manufactures? To them, it’s just a job.

The only loyalty to the manufactures comes from the fans. And that’s what counts.

If I hear one more person say some ignorant shit like " Id rather drive drive Yota built in the U.S. instead of fusion built in Mexico" ,iM GONNA HAVE A VOODOO doctor put a curse on your dumbass.

That is the most cliche and ignorant statement of the last 10 years. Dont forget the history jackass, and how things became this way.

Fuck NASCAR and their sell out ass. And Dick Jarrett is a sellout bitchboy to. Hes no better then any other money grubbing sports figure. Bitch ass mofo.

And I dont know why anyone would wanna claim Waltrip's retarded ass. He spends more time in the wall than the concrete its made out of. Every interview with him is "well, we tried our bestest ,but sometimes ur bestest isnt goodest enough. But Id like to thank the sponsors that helped put is into the wall, like Yota , Billy Rays Boiled Peanut Museum , and my momma who makes the bestest NAPA filled pie this side of the Mississippi ."

:stats: