Mustang Email Survey...

silvrsvt

The "Support FoA 100% or things will suck" has got to set some kind of record for close-mindedness...as well as for being as unbackable a quote as I've seen in my years here....

Fixed.

BTW, bravestar, your 07 GT handles and feels better than the last gen Stang. If people like you had it their way this time last gen, your car would be drastically different in ways you wouldn't like, the R&H being one of the first things that comes to mind.

You people are twisting an OPTIONS list, into the Mustang becoming a Lincoln Town Car. Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill...

JUST

DON'T

ADD

THOSE

O

P

T

I

O

N

S

!

*Options* like SYNC are offered now even in the Focus. Maybe Ford is also trying to make the Focus a BMW competitor too.

Things like leather, aluminum inserts and premium sound systems also go against what "a modern Mustang should be" for the FnF crowd, so Ford should definitely cancel those options too. I mean the CHOICE of having leather and other luxuries in a Mustang? WTF...leave that shit to Mercedes. I'm the average Mustang customer because I say so, only people like me exist, can't explain why I'm the minority of sales tho. :rolleyes:

The enthusiasts didn't engineer the current Mustang, and it's definitely a "plusher" car than the old one no matter how you want to spin that fact. Ford knows it has to be rough here and there, but not stupid rough. The work they did in terms of better sound insulation, without compromising the cool V8 engine/exhaust sound in the cabin, is a good example.

Edited by pcsario

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixed.

BTW, bravestar, your 07 GT handles and feels better than the last gen Stang. If people like you had it their way this time last gen, your car would be drastically different in ways you wouldn't like, the R&H being one of the first things that comes to mind.

You people are twisting an OPTIONS list, into the Mustang becoming a Lincoln Town Car. Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill...

JUST

DON'T

ADD

THOSE

O

P

T

I

O

N

S

*Options* like SYNC are offered now even in the Focus. Maybe Ford is also trying to make the Focus a BMW competitor too.

Things like leather, aluminum inserts and premium sound systems also go against what "a modern Mustang should be" for the FnF crowd, so Ford should definitely cancel those options too. I mean the CHOICE of having leather and other luxuries in a Mustang? WTF...leave that shit to Mercedes. I'm the average Mustang customer because I say so, only people like me exist, can't explain why I'm the minority of sales tho. :rolleyes:

The enthusiasts didn't engineer the current Mustang, and it's definitely a "plusher" car than the old one no matter how you want to spin that fact. Ford knows it has to be rough here and there, but not stupid/rattling/cheap rough. The work they did in terms of better sound insulation, without compromising the cool V8 engine/exhaust sound in the cabin, is a good example.

I'm just saying, if you want to kill Mustang sales, then do not offer a high performance V-8. Do not underestimate the enthusiasts. Our loyality to the car is because of many different features that blend together to make a car that is not practical but makes an emotional statement about each owner. Most of these features are uniquely American rich in tradition such as long hood, cramped rear seat quarters, highly styled exterior, noisey and rough riding and lastly V-8 powered rear wheel drive. Every GT Mustang owner imagines, when they start their car, that they are driving a GT 500 or a NASCAR or a road racing car. Their is something about a V-8 that cannot be replicated with a 6 or 4 or even a 12 cylinder car. Why even ask the question if we care where the engine comes from or if it a twin turbo POS. That to me, is a total misunderstanding of who the Mustang buyer is and that formula will not work for me or any person who buys that car based on its rich heritage. Remember the SVO? Now remember the Terminator...see what I mean?

Cramped rear seat quarters are not uniquely american. Did you know that there are actually 4 seat belts in a Porsche 911.

Yeah, kind of reminds me of the EXP...what a goofy car with not even a back seat. At least the Fiero didn't carpet half the world in the back they just put the window behind the drivers head.

Why even ask the question if we care where the engine comes from or if it a twin turbo POS. That to me, is a total misunderstanding of who the Mustang buyer is and that formula will not work for me or any person who buys that car based on its rich heritage. Remember the SVO? Now remember the Terminator...see what I mean?

But thats the problem, Ford wants to expand the appeal of the Mustang to more people. I would love to see the 3.5L TT engine in the Mustang myself, but not at the expense of a V8 option. They can market both cars, with the TT being with in 2-3K of the V8 GT. The TT model could be called a Sprint or something and have somewhat limited production (30K units or so)

Many of your younger buyers like higher tech engines and it would help with the Mustang's Image of being a redneck car...

As for the SVO vs the Terminator...I bet you ask your avg Mustang Fan and they won't have a clue what the hell the Terminator is. The SVO they will, and I bet the SVO will be one of the more collectible Mustangs from the 80's

To sum it up...I see no issues with the 3.5L TT engine being offered as an option in the Mustang, but no shape or form should it replace a V8 Model.

I'm just saying, if you want to kill Mustang sales, then do not offer a high performance V-8. Do not underestimate the enthusiasts. Our loyality to the car is because of many different features that blend together to make a car that is not practical but makes an emotional statement about each owner. Most of these features are uniquely American rich in tradition such as long hood, cramped rear seat quarters, highly styled exterior, noisey and rough riding and lastly V-8 powered rear wheel drive. Every GT Mustang owner imagines, when they start their car, that they are driving a GT 500 or a NASCAR or a road racing car. Their is something about a V-8 that cannot be replicated with a 6 or 4 or even a 12 cylinder car. Why even ask the question if we care where the engine comes from or if it a twin turbo POS. That to me, is a total misunderstanding of who the Mustang buyer is and that formula will not work for me or any person who buys that car based on its rich heritage. Remember the SVO? Now remember the Terminator...see what I mean?

The Twin Force is being mass produced regardless of the outcome of this survey. It's being considered for several vehicles as an optional engine for those who need the performance, yet don't have the Dukes of Hazzard mentality. Doesn't mean Ford's axing the V8, just researching ways to streamline costs (LR building/using Ford V8 engines and so on).

Do not underestimate the enthusiasts with money either (yeah, they're Mustang enthusiasts too). At the end of the day, the people who go beyond the base models, are the ones who make the whole top2bottom business case work, for everyone else.

Edited by pcsario

But thats the problem, Ford wants to expand the appeal of the Mustang to more people.

That's a slippery slope to climb sometimes. I don't really see where the Mustang needs to GAIN any more popularity. It already dominates the sporty coupe segment. It would seem that they already have the formula dead-on, as they have since the car was introduced over 40 years ago. It goes back to what I said earlier - in the quest to please everyone, you may end up pleasing no one. They should be very careful about trying to expand the Mustang's market, as they may end up alienating many of the core customers that have made the car successful for over 4 decades.

Yeah, kind of reminds me of the EXP...what a goofy car with not even a back seat. At least the Fiero didn't carpet half the world in the back they just put the window behind the drivers head.

That just might've been because the engine was back there, y'think?

That's a slippery slope to climb sometimes. I don't really see where the Mustang needs to GAIN any more popularity. It already dominates the sporty coupe segment. It would seem that they already have the formula dead-on, as they have since the car was introduced over 40 years ago. It goes back to what I said earlier - in the quest to please everyone, you may end up pleasing no one. They should be very careful about trying to expand the Mustang's market, as they may end up alienating many of the core customers that have made the car successful for over 4 decades.

I don't think adding a IRS and a Twin Turbo V6 in addition to a V8 Model is going to seriously damage the Mustangs Reputation...its more or less the same situation as the SVO and GT back in 1985 or so...but keep the pricing on the V6 TT more reasonable...not 5K more a car

I don't think adding a IRS and a Twin Turbo V6 in addition to a V8 Model is going to seriously damage the Mustangs Reputation...its more or less the same situation as the SVO and GT back in 1985 or so...but keep the pricing on the V6 TT more reasonable...not 5K more a car

Well, if the pricing on the V6 TT would put it close in line with the GT, I don't really see the point of offering it at all. If it's more expensive, you may just end up in the same situation as the SVO -- not enough benefit to justify the added cost.

Edited by NickF1011

Well, if the pricing on the V6 TT would put it close in line with the GT, I don't really see the point of offering it at all. If it's more expensive, you may just end up in the same situation as the SVO -- not enough benefit to justify the added cost.

The point is that the engine is already in production and offering can help bring in people who otherwise wouldn't look at a Mustang. Its not like its just going to be for the Mustang! More options are always good, esp with something like this. If it doesn't sell...then kill it off..its not like its going to cost big money to put it into the car. Plus there is a lot of room for potential there.

I know for a fact that there will be a retractable hardtop coming. A friend took the buyout and went to work for the company that will be making it. They were building the building to manufacture it when he left.

Karmann? ASC?

The point is that the engine is already in production and offering can help bring in people who otherwise wouldn't look at a Mustang. Its not like its just going to be for the Mustang! More options are always good, esp with something like this. If it doesn't sell...then kill it off..its not like its going to cost big money to put it into the car. Plus there is a lot of room for potential there.

Please no TT in the performance Mustang...keep the Shelby as it is blown V8, now shoehorn the TT in an AWD 2 door 6 speed Fusion and we could be talking......

Please no TT in the performance Mustang...keep the Shelby as it is blown V8, now shoehorn the TT in an AWD 2 door 6 speed Fusion and we could be talking......

Your misreading what I mean...there is room for a low production TT engine in the Mustang lineup, even if it only sells 20K more cars a year. In no shape or form should it replace a V8 in either a GT or Hi performance car like the Cobras or Shelbys

There's always a cost incurred with putting a different engine into anything. It would need to be separately EPA tested, durability tested, airflow tested, and perhaps even crash tested. These things all cost money.

I agree that choice is a good thing, just not so sure if it would be the best choice for the Mustang, especially when there are so many other vehicles in the lineup that could more readily take advantage of such an engine.

But thats the problem, Ford wants to expand the appeal of the Mustang to more people. I would love to see the 3.5L TT engine in the Mustang myself, but not at the expense of a V8 option. They can market both cars, with the TT being with in 2-3K of the V8 GT. The TT model could be called a Sprint or something and have somewhat limited production (30K units or so)

Many of your younger buyers like higher tech engines and it would help with the Mustang's Image of being a redneck car...

As for the SVO vs the Terminator...I bet you ask your avg Mustang Fan and they won't have a clue what the hell the Terminator is. The SVO they will, and I bet the SVO will be one of the more collectible Mustangs from the 80's

To sum it up...I see no issues with the 3.5L TT engine being offered as an option in the Mustang, but no shape or form should it replace a V8 Model.

That I can agree with.

Making the TT and IRS available-but not mandatory-seems like the way to go.

Put both on a lightened version...and the SVO has a great successor. I don't think the "BOSS" or "Mach" models should have anything but V8s.

Well...TT in the Mach? With IRS? Hmmmm....

Your misreading what I mean...there is room for a low production TT engine in the Mustang lineup, even if it only sells 20K more cars a year. In no shape or form should it replace a V8 in either a GT or Hi performance car like the Cobras or Shelbys

don't see a point of a TT at all....stick with a normally aspirated 6 cyl for the base Stangs and V8 for the performance models...another engine model would just add confusion...the TT rings of a high line sophisticated WRX competitor...doesn't fit the Mustangs M O.

don't see a point of a TT at all....stick with a normally aspirated 6 cyl for the base Stangs and V8 for the performance models...another engine model would just add confusion...the TT rings of a high line sophisticated WRX competitor...doesn't fit the Mustangs M O.

High tech engine like that screams of what I said before...2 dr Fusion w tweeked suspension, AWD 6 speed manual or paddle auto...and YES those heated seats someone was so enamoured of....

High tech engine like that screams of what I said before...2 dr Fusion w tweeked suspension, AWD 6 speed manual or paddle auto...and YES those heated seats someone was so enamoured of....

No, Ford can't do that...it would build market share. Just like deleting the diesel on the Econoline.

hopefully someone that sux up to Mullaly is reading these threads and whisper in his ear.....a Fusion like that could be aniche model and bring em in the shorooma at least....hey...even the Mags may like it....that would be a first....