Ford Sells Major Stake of Aston Martin for $848M

Moby Vic

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THEY SOLD IT TO KUWAITI ********? WTF ARE YOU FUCKING THINKING FUCKING BILL.

Aston Martin is dead. Now I am Arabic so I can't be racist but those **** are going to run it to the ground.

OMG calm down ...

the Kuwaiti companies are the money - the management is Prodrive ..I believe Prodrive has ongoing relationship with those companies, and they chose them as their financial backing.

Igor

I don't feel they should get involved at all, they should keep whining about Saddam tearing their country apart instead of ruining Aston.

Yea.. that was definitely uncalled for though.

is this based on your personal dislike of Kuwait (you are in SAE right?) or actual cases when Kuwaiti companies just showed complete lack of management skills?

just wondering.

Igor

I hate Kuwaitis. Kind of like how Americans hate Canadians sometimes.

I live in Saudi, yea.

I don't trust Kuwaiti management either, they're not the top-notch for this job. It should have been Emaratian IMO.

don't worry - me European - we hate each others guts and was it not for EU we would be kicking each others in the head :D

just was trying to see where you are coming from ..

Igor

While the Aston Martins are arguably the finest looking and performing automobiles in FoMoCo's inventory, I think this is a good move.

In my opinion, there was a lot of overlap between Aston Martin and Jaguar as far as traditional brand identity. Jaguar should now be moved into the role of the sole premium luxury / high performance automobile brand for FoMoCo. They might even have an oportunity to save Jaguar in the process.

Weren't they expecting to get like 1.2 billion?

What's sad about this is Ford practically gave away Aston Martin for free. After all the pressure from the UAW, that cash is money spent already due to those unnecesary bonus checks to silence the whinners.

Edited by pcsario

Seems like this sale will allow Jaguar to move up a bit.

Jaguar can't even sell vehicles at their current price point and the cat is in its ninth life, if the new generation of Jaguars don't go anywhere then Ford will just have to kill the brand as it isn't worth a dime anymore. That is what happens when you whole ineup is unrefined and looks like it launched in 1960, then add to that decade long product cycles..........................all add up to be just very uncompetitive in the luxury field.

Weren't they expecting to get like 1.2 billion?

What's sad about this is Ford practically gave away Aston Martin for free. After all the pressure from the UAW, that cash is money spent already due to those unnecesary bonus checks to silence the whinners.

It was assumed that the value of Aston Martin as a whole was somewhere around the $1.2B figure you mentioned. Keep in mind Ford is maintaining (supposedly) a 15% stake in the company. Taking that into consideration, it appears they got what they were asking for.

While the Aston Martins are arguably the finest looking and performing automobiles in FoMoCo's inventory, I think this is a good move.

In my opinion, there was a lot of overlap between Aston Martin and Jaguar as far as traditional brand identity. Jaguar should now be moved into the role of the sole premium luxury / high performance automobile brand for FoMoCo. They might even have an oportunity to save Jaguar in the process.

did they sell 100%? Anyway..agreed on jaguar....NOW maybe they can come out of their gopher hole as Ford will now have less on their plate and can give them more of the attention they deserve. Also...perhaps Lincoln can benefit....they could perhaps become trickle down Jags rather than Chromed up Fords.

Smart Americans only hate Canadians because Canada sucks. :ohsnap:

have you ever been to Canada. Sure we have slight differences from the US, but we're so much the same that I'm not really sure ow so many manage to hate eachother. Oh, and I hat to see aston go, but it had to be done.

Edited by suv_guy_19

have you ever been to Canada. Suer we have slight differences from the US, but we're so much the same that I'm not really sure ow so many manage to hate eachother. Oh, and I hat to see aston go, but it had to be done.

It amazes me too, it is like one country but there is a lot of hated between thetwo, I've been to Canada before, seems just like america but with much higher taxes and different money.

It amazes me too, it is like one country but there is a lot of hated between thetwo, I've been to Canada before, seems just like america but with much higher taxes and different money.

and universal heath care (but higher wait times), and a less developed road infastructure (but lower traffic) , and higher minimum wage (but less valuable money), oh, and we don't sue eachother so much.

Edited by suv_guy_19

and universal heath care (but higher wait times), and a less developed road infastructure (but lower traffic) , and higher minimum wage (but less valuable money), oh, and we don't sue eachother so much.

The healthcare is why the taxes are so high i'd assume.

And yes America is a sue happy country because godforbid people take personal responsibility and must blame everything on other people.

The healthcare is why the taxes are so high i'd assume.

And yes America is a sue happy country because godforbid people take personal responsibility and must blame everything on other people.

despite what I say, I find no real difference in the countries. Canada benefits from the protection of the huge us military(ours is very small), and the Us benefits from Canada's resources. Both in my book are equal as the best countries on earth.

I wanna know whose idea it was to make Canadian coins almost the same size and color as US coins.

Not that I'm upset about being able to use Canadian money at the laundromat.....

It just seems weird.

Oh, and one more thing, is the Queen on the front, or the back, of the coin?

back. On the front: $2 polar bear, $1 loon, $.25 caribou, $.10 bluenose schooner (sailboat), $.05 beaver, $.01 3 maple leaves.