OHAP COA

Spring

post-15208-1174969775_thumb.jpgJ. Hinrich's letter

I'll post the rest of the agreement later. Am going through it line by line.

Questions from J. Hinrich's letter:

"It is expected that the local parties will continue working together to develop and implement a time bound plan to meet the changing and challenging business environment". Does this mean then that this is a living agreement? We already had a "time bound" plan commonly known as our local agreement. If this is a living agreement, will subsequent changes that the parties would deem necessary to "compete" globally and achieve BIC and other benchmarks require membership ratification? Or by agreeing to this agreement do we give carte blanche to the Bargaining Structure? Is this an addendum to our local agreement or does it replace and therefore supercede our current local agreement? Given that we have a specific niche market and are currently BIC in our segment, haven't we already met global and corporate goals?

Guaranteeing a specific model will be built at a specific location means nothing in our current "competitive, global" environment. Take a look at the Taurus. It would appear that it is a small thing for Ford to rename a product. This van could be taken down, the plant put into "warm idle", whatever, renamed and moved. That portion of the letter really doesn't guarantee anything because the way the wording is on this letter, if one of the parties (ummm, FORD) decided that we were not becoming a competitive manufacturing facility or that we had not implemented significant enough changes in our work practices and plant cost structure, could they void this? I mean, c'mon, it's not like we've got a really strong bond of trust here. Maybe I'm worrying over nothing. Surely the company wouldn't lie to us, would they? What exactly is their definition of time bound?

I'll post the rest of the agreement later on. I scanned it in PDF and should have scanned as JPEG. I do apologize. Will have it up and we can all go through it together.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It is expected that the local parties will continue working together to develop and implement a time bound plan to meet the changing and challenging business environment". Does this mean then that this is a living agreement? We already had a "time bound" plan commonly known as our local agreement. If this is a living agreement, will subsequent changes that the parties would deem necessary to "compete" globally and achieve BIC and other benchmarks require membership ratification? Or by agreeing to this agreement do we give carte blanche to the Bargaining Structure? Is this an addendum to our local agreement or does it replace and therefore supercede our current local agreement? Given that we have a specific niche market and are currently BIC in our segment, haven't we already met global and corporate goals?

Guaranteeing a specific model will be built at a specific location means nothing in our current "competitive, global" environment. Take a look at the Taurus. It would appear that it is a small thing for Ford to rename a product. This van could be taken down, the plant put into "warm idle", whatever, renamed and moved. That portion of the letter really doesn't guarantee anything because the way the wording is on this letter, if one of the parties (ummm, FORD) decided that we were not becoming a competitive manufacturing facility or that we had not implemented significant enough changes in our work practices and plant cost structure, could they void this? I mean, c'mon, it's not like we've got a really strong bond of trust here. Maybe I'm worrying over nothing. Surely the company wouldn't lie to us, would they? What exactly is their definition of time bound?

I'll post the rest of the agreement later on. I scanned it in PDF and should have scanned as JPEG. I do apologize. Will have it up and we can all go through it together.

Come on Mary, give them a break. Given the circumstances, this is a pretty good agreement, We actually lost very little, and some will only take place through attrition. That is better than what was expected by most I talked to, and compared to a previous agreement I read (I believe Kentucky Truck's), this is pretty minimal. Can't we give credit where it's due for once? You're throwing a bunch of "what if's" into the mix and that is unfair, as nobody can negotiate under the criteria your expecting if you want everything to be guaranteed not to change. We've all heard that warm idle, change the name, move the product scenario before, and quite frankly, it's nonsense. Ford has 30 + years of successful branding invested in the Econoline and they are not going to abandon that as part of a cat and mouse game with our local union. To get a commitment to exclusively build this product for a few more years is about all that can be expected. The only way this product is going to move is if the plant closes, and in that event, it will still be called the same thing. As for the exclusivity of this product at this plant, that agreement will be binding, so something of significance has been gained. Should they close this plant before such a time, they would not be able to build it elsewhere under the same name during this time frame, and we've already talked about why a name change will not take place. We are not talking about a Villager here, this is a 200,000 unit per year vehicle that must be had. This portion of the agreement is good, no matter how you spin it.

As for being best in cost, last I knew that was not true. We are best in quality, but GM was beating us soundly in the cost metrics of the full size van market, so there will need to be continued change to secure our future past this agreements date. It's not an option. I know your very unhappy with the performance of the bargaining structure overall, but I think you're reaching on this one. We got off much easier than we could have. Remember, the goal is to keep families fed!

Why should we get rid of more classifications because there no needed In the plant's today. back in the old day's it took skill to do some of these jobs but they have made them so easy to do anyone can do them so there is no need to have people getting paid more to do them. Outside skilled trades there need so be 1 classification thats assembler except maybe for certain garage jobs. you can keep certain areas as premium areas like stock and the garage but they don't need to make more money than the rest of us it just maintains a feel of superiority for some people.

Come on Mary, give them a break. Given the circumstances, this is a pretty good agreement, We actually lost very little, and some will only take place through attrition. That is better than what was expected by most I talked to, and compared to a previous agreement I read (I believe Kentucky Truck's), this is pretty minimal. Can't we give credit where it's due for once? You're throwing a bunch of "what if's" into the mix and that is unfair, as nobody can negotiate under the criteria your expecting if you want everything to be guaranteed not to change. We've all heard that warm idle, change the name, move the product scenario before, and quite frankly, it's nonsense. Ford has 30 + years of successful branding invested in the Econoline and they are not going to abandon that as part of a cat and mouse game with our local union. To get a commitment to exclusively build this product for a few more years is about all that can be expected. The only way this product is going to move is if the plant closes, and in that event, it will still be called the same thing. As for the exclusivity of this product at this plant, that agreement will be binding, so something of significance has been gained. Should they close this plant before such a time, they would not be able to build it elsewhere under the same name during this time frame, and we've already talked about why a name change will not take place. We are not talking about a Villager here, this is a 200,000 unit per year vehicle that must be had. This portion of the agreement is good, no matter how you spin it.

As for being best in cost, last I knew that was not true. We are best in quality, but GM was beating us soundly in the cost metrics of the full size van market, so there will need to be continued change to secure our future past this agreements date. It's not an option. I know your very unhappy with the performance of the bargaining structure overall, but I think you're reaching on this one. We got off much easier than we could have. Remember, the goal is to keep families fed!

Slapshot,

I will give credit where credit is due. I am not attacking the agreement. I will be very objective. But it is important to know PRIOR to voting on this if it is a living agreement or not. That is inescapable. If it is, the membership should be informed. If it is, things are subject to change. They deserve to know that. I have asked legitimate questions. I am only suggesting questions that should be asked. Is it better than the Rouge? Yes. I didn't think we were losing the van anyway and was not too concerned with this. I think the importance that was placed on waiting for this letter was misplaced. This letter says nothing and means nothing important.

"It is expected that the local parties will continue working together to develop and implement a time bound plan to meet the changing and challenging business environment". Does this mean then that this is a living agreement?yes We already had a "time bound" plan commonly known as our local agreement. If this is a living agreement, will subsequent changes that the parties would deem necessary to "compete" globally and achieve BIC and other benchmarks require membership ratification?nope Or by agreeing to this agreement do we give carte blanche to the Bargaining Structure?yes Is this an addendum to our local agreementyes & no or does it replace and therefore supercede our current local agreement?yes Given that we have a specific niche market and are currently BIC in our segment, haven't we already met global and corporate goals?

Guaranteeing a specific model will be built at a specific location means nothing in our current "competitive, global" environment. Take a look at the Taurus. It would appear that it is a small thing for Ford to rename a product. This van could be taken down, the plant put into "warm idle", whatever, renamed and moved. That portion of the letter really doesn't guarantee anything because the way the wording is on this letter, if one of the parties (ummm, FORD) decided that we were not becoming a competitive manufacturing facility or that we had not implemented significant enough changes in our work practices and plant cost structure, could they void this? I mean, c'mon, it's not like we've got a really strong bond of trust here. Maybe I'm worrying over nothing.your not Surely the company wouldn't lie to us, would they?yes they have, but they don't consider it lies, they consider it necessary business changes What exactly is their definition of time bound?excellent question

Under our current contract there were supposed to be no plant closings, no plant sales, equal sacrifice salary to hourly, and replacement of employees lost at (I believe) one replaced for every two lost. I work at a COA plant. We did not have a "document / agreement to vote on, nor do we one year later have a document to go by. Our local agreement seems to be binding only for items that (and don't take this the wrong way, I can explain in better detail if someone wants) are basically trivial. ALL items of change are constant in change (living agreement) and non negotiable by the membership. All we here when we question simple and serious changes are "yes, they can do that, yep it's in there" We have not even a clue as to what's in there, or what "they" can do.

A little over a year ago we were told in a plant meeting that we had nothing to fear, that we could work there until we decided to retire, or as long as we wanted because they would not accept a buyer that wanted the business or building without the people! hip hip hurray!! This meeting was presented by management and local and national representation. Granted this is a parts plant, and Ford does not want to be in the parts business, but my how things have changed! The "market testing" of our products came back with results that no one else was even close to us even with our wages and benefits. It "appears" that Ford wants to sell our plant to anyone who will take it, even at their detriment. The promise of "If they don't want the people, their not the kind of business we want to sell to (a direct quote from the meeting) "Then we don't want them as buyers!" Well now they want us all out, as many as possible, just to make our plant more desirable to any "potential" buyer, or buyers" So would they lie to you? They did to us.

I'm NOT saying don't vote for COA. I am saying that I think that your local (you the people) still have the time, and a strong enough membership, to DEMAND a written agreement to vote on. Even if it is to be a "living agreement" DEMAND that you have in writing, how those continuing, "living" changes are to be decided. YOU CAN DO IT. I'm not saying COA is ALL wrong. Just do the best you can to make it a good agreement for your plant. I'm just some one who is going through COA on a daily basis. We did not do this (make sure we knew what we were voting on by voting on a written, detailed agreement), and it is a cluster f#$k. Everyone from hourly, to foremen and women, to area managers agree it is a mess. It has caused confusion, discontent, and actual loss of production.

All I am saying is, NOW is your time to make it an agreement that is something detailed enough to make an informed decision on. If you don't, it will be hard to bitch about it afterward. It will either be something that can be good for YOU and the company, or something your just stuck with.

Edited by Pipefitter

I've been having a problem with my scanner and can't seem to upload the new COA therefore, I have typed it all out. I have not included the list of all the classifications.

3/22/2007

Brothers and Sisters of Local 2000,

We have successfully reached agreement with the Ford Motor Company on a competitive operating agreement (COA). As you may or may not be aware, we were one of two plants remaining in the Ford system which had not had a COA in place.

At the December 10, 2006 membership meeting this local Union was directed by a unanimous vote from our members to have the Bargaining Committee enter into negotiations for a COA. The timing for this was crucial, since Plant Manager Joe Lee is scheduled to meet with V.P of Operations Joe Hinrichs Wednesday 3/20/2007. The purpose of this meeting was for Plant Manager Joe Lee to present the long term strategic plan for the competitive viability of Ohio Assembly Plant. I, along with the Bargaining Committee, felt compelled to have a tentative agreement in the hands of the Plant Manager prior to this meeting so that the best case would be presented for the long term future of our members, their families and the future of this location.

This was a difficult and complex set of negotiations. Nobody likes change, but we have all been witness to those locals that have stuck their heads in the sand and refused change – just to have their locations closed and cause devastation to their members’ lives and entire communities.

I hope each and every member takes the time to review all changes that were made. There will be people with political motivations, and not the best interest of the membership at heart, that will attempt to confuse the issues. However, I have always been a firm believer that if the membership has all the information and facts, they will always make the right decision.

In solidarity,

Nick Gallogly

The following changes have been agreed to between the parties in an effort to increase efficiency, improve effectiveness, and position Ohio Assembly Plant as a competitive manufacturing facility.

• Production classifications will be combined from the existing total of 75 Departmental classifications to 23 within the plant, remaining classifications will be: Group Leader, Utility Group 2, Utility Group 3, Inspector Final Line Utility, Repair General, Assembler, SPC, Dinger, Metal Touch Up Repair, Behr Equipment Operator, Welder AAG, Paint Sprayer, Checker/Receiver, Checker Assembly Stock, Industrial Lift Truck Operator, Line Feeder, Inspector Receiving, Driver Car, Clerk-Maintenance, MRC, Spray Booth & Duct Cleaner, Cleaner General and Power Sweeper.

• Under this reorganization of classifications, a majority of the membership will receive a rate increase. See back page for details.

• Overtime for the above classifications will be offered by department.

• Based on current language, many members were locked within a department without the right to bid into another department. Under the new classification structure, opportunities for bidding on any openings will be plant-wide. A ob vacated by employees transferred in accordance with this agreement will not be cause for the issuance of a further job posting notice to fill the vacancy so created. Vacancies resulting from filling jobs pursuant to this provision may be filled by mutual agreement between the committeeperson in the area, the supervisor, the bargaining committeepersons and the Area manager.

• All individuals taking bids will have a 6 month waiting period between successful job bids. The 6 month period is defined as starting when acceptance is documented. Each employee shall sign and date job solicitations as accepted or declined upon review with management. Upon completion of the solicitation, management will review the results with the area committeepersons. The individual will be moved to their new position within 5-15 days. Third decline on bid (s) disqualifies an employee for 6 moths for bidding purposes.

• Poor attendance (Top 100 on the Chronic Absenteeism list) shall disqualify any employee from accepting a job bid or making any lateral moves.

• In order to provide a stable work-life and reduce churning, shift preference will occur 2 times/year (September and March) beginning September 2007.

• Based on the combination of classifications and associated overtime hours of each group, all production employees will have their overtime zeroed out upon ratification and implementation of the classification changes within the plant.

• The following classifications will receive the following relief:

Wax Booth – Foam Operators Left and Right: 7 min/hr

Paint Sprayers in clean room booths: 9 min/hr

• The following classifications will receive prep time:

Paint Sprayers in clean room booths: 18 min

Medical Department/Heat Stress

• Whenever there are 200 or more employees scheduled to work there will be one nurse on duty in the medical department. During summer shutdown, Thanksgiving, and Christmas holidays, the minimum requirement for covered employees to generate medical coverage will be 100 employees. Whenever the work force is less than 200 employees, management will provide a sign at the entrance to the medical department which will give information on emergency medical services. The plant security office has been provided with a list of qualified doctors who are to be contacted in the event of an emergency and will provide transportation to the hospital or call an ambulance.

• ARA HEAT DROP OFF AREAS – ECONOLINE: The existing language will be changed to read: 4 additional ice machines from March 2007 levels will be obtained and added (2 paint, 1 trim, 1 chassis), the Company will make a one-time purchases of sufficient igloo coolers to have a total of 33 in the plant for temperature related relief. Areas will be responsible for securing coolers at the end of the shift.

Cost & Inventory Reductions

• The employee uniform program will be discontinued as of September 1, 2007. A letter will be issued to all employees to that affect.

• Cafeteria: ARA will remain as OHAP’s cafeteria service provider. There will be no further subsidy from the Company to ARA. This action will save the plant $600,000 yr. The variety and quality of food service will be maintained. There will be improvements made to the East side cafeteria as a result of this agreement.

Skilled Trades

The following classifications will be combined, attritted, or red-circled:

• Tinsmiths will be red circled and all work will be combined with Millwrights upon attrition.

• Inspector – Tooling and Layout will be red circled for the ITL’s without Toolmaker qualifications. All other ITL’s with Toolmaker qualifications will be combined with the existing Toolmakers upon ratification.

• Powerhouse/Waste Water Treatment will be red circled. All ongoing maintenance needs will continue to be met by trades as determined by a joint ME manager/trades council review. All day-to-day monitoring and waste treatment will be outside contracted to a qualified service provider based on competitive bid data clearly indicating there is a cost benefit to the business to do so.

• Painters will be red circled. All work will be combined with Carpenters upon attrition.

• Garage Serviceman and Auto Mechanic classifications will be combined under the classification Auto Mechanic upon ratification.

• Repair – Power Tool will be red-circled. Upon attrition the repairs will be made by the appropriate in-house tradesperson with the skills set necessary to address the required repair as determined by a joint ME/trades council review.

Skilled Trades Flexibility

• The handling of each trade’s scrap to the designated scrap area, as well as the delivery and/or storage of any materials required by a trade will not be trade specific, but may be performed by any trade, as availability allows – as these functions do not require a core skill. Millwrights will retain sole rights to final disposal of all trade scrap into designated bins to prevent loss of sale from mixing of metal types.

• Oilers will be red-circled. Upon attrition the work will be distributed to the appropriate trades as determined by a joint ME/trades council review.

• Sealer Pump will be red circled. Upon attrition all work will be combined with Pipefitters.

Hi-Lo Repair

• Hi-Lo Repair has been retained in-house. One Hi-Lo Mechanic will be reduced (through normal attrition) who currently provides parts management services. This work will be absorbed by those remaining in the classification. In recognition of the nature of the work performed in this area, the Hi-Lo Repair area will be mopped as needed and the walk-behind power scrubber will be utilized when available.

Outside Contracting

• Outdoor fencing, Roadway work and construction of the physical structural shell of any new building (excluding infrastructure), has historically not been performed by in-plant tradespersons. Work of this nature will be source to clear any new building(s).

Sourcing

The following functions will be outsourced, based on competitive bid data clearly indicating there is a cost benefit to the business to do so. Note: Production classifications impacted by sourcing actions in this agreement will be red-circled.

• Trim Kit Unload, South LCL Unload, One (1) IP Unload, West Trim Unload, North Dock Unload, Tire and Wheel Unload Lift, Seat Unload, Engine/Transmission Unload Lift, Two (2) South Dock (Mufflers, Axles, Gas Tanks) Unload, Shipping and Receiving Clerk, Receiving Inspection, Paint Kitchen, E-Coat Phosphate Tending and Paint Mixing.

• Cleaning of all buildings external to the main manufacturing facility, all administrative offices (excluding UAW committee offices), Paint Kitchen, Sludge building, ILVS building, penthouse, fitness center, learning center, General Stores, trailer repair building, Main (East) and Final (West) cafeterias, Paint and main locker rooms, rubbish room and all outside trash pickup, landscaping and snow removal.

Signed by the chairman, skilled trades chairman, bargaining structure

Commentary on the proposed COA:

At the December 10, 2006 membership meeting this local Union was directed by a unanimous vote from our members to have the Bargaining Committee enter into negotiations for a COA. The timing for this was crucial, since Plant Manager Joe Lee is scheduled to meet with V.P of Operations Joe Hinrichs Wednesday 3/20/2007. The purpose of this meeting was for Plant Manager Joe Lee to present the long term strategic plan for the competitive viability of Ohio Assembly Plant. I, along with the Bargaining Committee, felt compelled to have a tentative agreement in the hands of the Plant Manager prior to this meeting so that the best case would be presented for the long term future of our members, their families and the future of this location.

******This means nothing as the agreement has not yet been ratified. Just fluff.*******

This was a difficult and complex set of negotiations. Nobody likes change, but we have all been witness to those locals that have stuck their heads in the sand and refused change – just to have their locations closed and cause devastation to their members’ lives and entire communities.

****Now they're quoting Jerry, I do like that!*****

I hope each and every member takes the time to review all changes that were made. There will be people with political motivations, and not the best interest of the membership at heart, that will attempt to confuse the issues. However, I have always been a firm believer that if the membership has all the information and facts, they will always make the right decision.

****Viscomi was heard spouting this nonsense as well. Is the union now going to like George Bush? If you disagree with them, you're unpatriotic? Free Speech? Democracy? Have we lost those as well with the COA? By merely mentioning the possible political motivations of others, they have made it political themselves. Review but don't you dare have an opinion contrary to what we tell you to have. Puhleeze!****

• Production classifications will be combined from the existing total of 75 Departmental classifications to 23 within the plant, remaining classifications will be: Group Leader, Utility Group 2, Utility Group 3, Inspector Final Line Utility, Repair General, Assembler, SPC, Dinger, Metal Touch Up Repair, Behr Equipment Operator, Welder AAG, Paint Sprayer, Checker/Receiver, Checker Assembly Stock, Industrial Lift Truck Operator, Line Feeder, Inspector Receiving, Driver Car, Clerk-Maintenance, MRC, Spray Booth & Duct Cleaner, Cleaner General and Power Sweeper.

****This is not necessarily a bad thing as we had many redundant classifications. Hell, we had it even simpler under the MOA this won't bother a lot of people.*****

• Under this reorganization of classifications, a majority of the membership will receive a rate increase. See back page for details.

• Overtime for the above classifications will be offered by department.

• Based on current language, many members were locked within a department without the right to bid into another department. Under the new classification structure, opportunities for bidding on any openings will be plant-wide. A job vacated by employees transferred in accordance with this agreement will not be cause for the issuance of a further job posting notice to fill the vacancy so created. Vacancies resulting from filling jobs pursuant to this provision may be filled by mutual agreement between the committeeperson in the area, the supervisor, the bargaining committeepersons and the Area manager.

****Got a problem with this because anything that let's Fred Pena cut more of his hogs on the floor is a BAD thing. He'll be selling out grievances and the rights of people on the floor to take care of his buddies. Unless Nick can get him under control and stop him from doing this, this is enough for me to vote NO. I realize that we already have this on lateral moves but job bids and lateral moves by department are a lot easier to keep track of in the department rather than plant wide. If Nick could stop Fred's hog cutting and deal making then the provision would be a good thing. After what we've seen in Trim this week alone, forget it!****

• All individuals taking bids will have a 6 month waiting period between successful job bids. The 6 month period is defined as starting when acceptance is documented. Each employee shall sign and date job solicitations as accepted or declined upon review with management. Upon completion of the solicitation, management will review the results with the area committeepersons. The individual will be moved to their new position within 5-15 days. Third decline on bid (s) disqualifies an employee for 6 moths for bidding purposes.

• Poor attendance (Top 100 on the Chronic Absenteeism list) shall disqualify any employee from accepting a job bid or making any lateral moves.

• In order to provide a stable work-life and reduce churning, shift preference will occur 2 times/year (September and March) beginning September 2007.

• Based on the combination of classifications and associated overtime hours of each group, all production employees will have their overtime zeroed out upon ratification and implementation of the classification changes within the plant.

• The following classifications will receive the following relief:

Wax Booth – Foam Operators Left and Right: 7 min/hr

Paint Sprayers in clean room booths: 9 min/hr

• The following classifications will receive prep time:

Paint Sprayers in clean room booths: 18 min

Medical Department/Heat Stress

• Whenever there are 200 or more employees scheduled to work there will be one nurse on duty in the medical department. During summer shutdown, Thanksgiving, and Christmas holidays, the minimum requirement for covered employees to generate medical coverage will be 100 employees. Whenever the work force is less than 200 employees, management will provide a sign at the entrance to the medical department which will give information on emergency medical services. The plant security office has been provided with a list of qualified doctors who are to be contacted in the event of an emergency and will provide transportation to the hospital or call an ambulance.

• ARA HEAT DROP OFF AREAS – ECONOLINE: The existing language will be changed to read: 4 additional ice machines from March 2007 levels will be obtained and added (2 paint, 1 trim, 1 chassis), the Company will make a one-time purchases of sufficient igloo coolers to have a total of 33 in the plant for temperature related relief. Areas will be responsible for securing coolers at the end of the shift.

Cost & Inventory Reductions

• The employee uniform program will be discontinued as of September 1, 2007. A letter will be issued to all employees to that affect.

• Cafeteria: ARA will remain as OHAP’s cafeteria service provider. There will be no further subsidy from the Company to ARA. This action will save the plant $600,000 yr. The variety and quality of food service will be maintained. There will be improvements made to the East side cafeteria as a result of this agreement.

Skilled Trades

The following classifications will be combined, attritted, or red-circled:

• Tinsmiths will be red circled and all work will be combined with Millwrights upon attrition.

• Inspector – Tooling and Layout will be red circled for the ITL’s without Toolmaker qualifications. All other ITL’s with Toolmaker qualifications will be combined with the existing Toolmakers upon ratification.

• Powerhouse/Waste Water Treatment will be red circled. All ongoing maintenance needs will continue to be met by trades as determined by a joint ME manager/trades council review. All day-to-day monitoring and waste treatment will be outside contracted to a qualified service provider based on competitive bid data clearly indicating there is a cost benefit to the business to do so.

• Painters will be red circled. All work will be combined with Carpenters upon attrition.

• Garage Serviceman and Auto Mechanic classifications will be combined under the classification Auto Mechanic upon ratification.

• Repair – Power Tool will be red-circled. Upon attrition the repairs will be made by the appropriate in-house tradesperson with the skills set necessary to address the required repair as determined by a joint ME/trades council review.

Skilled Trades Flexibility

• The handling of each trade’s scrap to the designated scrap area, as well as the delivery and/or storage of any materials required by a trade will not be trade specific, but may be performed by any trade, as availability allows – as these functions do not require a core skill. Millwrights will retain sole rights to final disposal of all trade scrap into designated bins to prevent loss of sale from mixing of metal types.

• Oilers will be red-circled. Upon attrition the work will be distributed to the appropriate trades as determined by a joint ME/trades council review.

• Sealer Pump will be red circled. Upon attrition all work will be combined with Pipefitters.

Hi-Lo Repair

• Hi-Lo Repair has been retained in-house. One Hi-Lo Mechanic will be reduced (through normal attrition) who currently provides parts management services. This work will be absorbed by those remaining in the classification. In recognition of the nature of the work performed in this area, the Hi-Lo Repair area will be mopped as needed and the walk-behind power scrubber will be utilized when available.

Outside Contracting

• Outdoor fencing, Roadway work and construction of the physical structural shell of any new building (excluding infrastructure), has historically not been performed by in-plant tradespersons. Work of this nature will be source to clear any new building(s).

Sourcing

The following functions will be outsourced, based on competitive bid data clearly indicating there is a cost benefit to the business to do so. Note: Production classifications impacted by sourcing actions in this agreement will be red-circled.

• Trim Kit Unload, South LCL Unload, One (1) IP Unload, West Trim Unload, North Dock Unload, Tire and Wheel Unload Lift, Seat Unload, Engine/Transmission Unload Lift, Two (2) South Dock (Mufflers, Axles, Gas Tanks) Unload, Shipping and Receiving Clerk, Receiving Inspection, Paint Kitchen, E-Coat Phosphate Tending and Paint Mixing.

• Cleaning of all buildings external to the main manufacturing facility, all administrative offices (excluding UAW committee offices), Paint Kitchen, Sludge building, ILVS building, penthouse, fitness center, learning center, General Stores, trailer repair building, Main (East) and Final (West) cafeterias, Paint and main locker rooms, rubbish room and all outside trash pickup, landscaping and snow removal.

Signed by the chairman, skilled trades chairman, bargaining structure

****I am not in the trades nor am I in any of the classifications that are affected by the proposed COA. I would leave it to people in those trades and classifications to comment on the proposal. I think that is the only fair and right thing to do. I'm sure my detractors will try to say otherwise but we already know where they stand. I urge people to read this over carefully and vote your conscience. Do not be intimidated or confused by smoke screens and threats. Read it for what it says. Again, I will state that I am not worried about the future of our facility. I am confident that it will play an important role in the revitalization of Ford Motor Company.****

This is the height of hypocrisy! We have never gotten so little information! Everything is such a secret! Part of the reason people don't trust this administration is because no one tells the membership anything. I realize that Nick is busy but the big complaint on the floor is that they don't see him. It is true that he is rarely on the floor but he has always been available whenever I have needed to see him. I guess the people just want to see him more. Fred is another matter, however. He hates being tied to an area. He does spend a lot of time in Chassis. That is when he's in the plant. Back on subject, we do NOT currently get all of the information and the facts. For some reason, the union does not see fit to share that information with us. Now after what happened with the demise of Unit 2 and some of the union reps from that administration still around, is it any wonder people think something hinky is going on? C'mon! These guys have proven track records of lying to the membership. (Yes, Fred, I'm referring indirectly to you. I think Fred has a problem with the truth and may not even realize it when he does it. I was talking to some guys in stock and they actually called him on it and he didn't know what to do.).

Any idea how many actually took the time to come out and vote Mary? I'd bet less than 50%.

You know, Slap, I'm not sure. It seemed that it stayed pretty steady. If I find out I'll let you know. It would be interesting to know.

Any idea how many actually took the time to come out and vote Mary? I'd bet less than 50%.

If that number stamped on my ballet was to keep count of how many people voted, around 4pm it was almost 600. If that's how it works 600 and some out of 2500 or so is terrible.

Its turning out like Spring said it would on those job bids plantwide and the secondaries. Now they aint letting nobody but chassis people bid on those jobs because they went up before the coa passed but the classification wasn't there until the coa passed and it aint gonna matter anyways becuase they got their buddies that they're secondarying into jobs. I can't wait to see what they do with all them open jobs in the garage. They aint been filled since Lorain come over and they just keep borrowing folks everyday. Something really stinks and its the union!

If that number stamped on my ballet was to keep count of how many people voted, around 4pm it was almost 600. If that's how it works 600 and some out of 2500 or so is terrible.

If the Union wants the COA that is what it will get. Also, if you have TFT's working, they would have been told to vote for the COA. I work at Wayne Assy (previously Michigan Truck). also, be sure to tell everyone to take advantage of all the medical, dental, and optical benefits before Sept. if possible. Even Legal Services could be effected. Good Luck with your COA.Have you gotten a copy of yours yet? They passed out MTP's COA after the vote.

If the Union wants the COA that is what it will get. Also, if you have TFT's working, they would have been told to vote for the COA. I work at Wayne Assy (previously Michigan Truck). also, be sure to tell everyone to take advantage of all the medical, dental, and optical benefits before Sept. if possible. Even Legal Services could be effected. Good Luck with your COA.Have you gotten a copy of yours yet? They passed out MTP's COA after the vote.

We don't have TFT's. We shouldn't , as there have been flowbacks and the like. This COA is years ahead of what the other plants were able to get. This plant had about a week to go over the COA before the vote. Thanks for the good advice on using the benefits.

When are we going to start going by the new c.o.a.?Seems like the politics are starting already.A guy who came from our plant{lorain]has put out shirts saying that he is running for chairman.I don't think that we should be starting so soon.I talked to some other workers and they actually think that it's a joke.This guy was a safety man in lorain.Like everything else some liked him some didn't.Personally I don't think that he has a strong enough background to run for chairman.Some think that he is trying to cut a deal for himself to get some type of appointed job.

When are we going to start going by the new c.o.a.?Seems like the politics are starting already.A guy who came from our plant{lorain]has put out shirts saying that he is running for chairman.I don't think that we should be starting so soon.I talked to some other workers and they actually think that it's a joke.This guy was a safety man in lorain.Like everything else some liked him some didn't.Personally I don't think that he has a strong enough background to run for chairman.Some think that he is trying to cut a deal for himself to get some type of appointed job.

It would be foolish of this membership to change it's Chairman come election time. We need the stability and all agreements that have been entered into have been on Nick's watch. There is no need to change the direction of the way things are going now. At this point, we have a better COA than most, and we have at the very least an agreement to keep producing the Econoline exclusively in this building. The folks on the other side, many might recall, made the decision that they thought they could do better and voted out the man whom had secured their vehicles for them in the first place, and we all know what happened in the end there. We need to remain consistent, continue to watchdog the bargaining folks that we have now and demand that they do their jobs, and foster the relationships that we have locally with the company right now to better our product and further secure our future. I heard about this Gonzalez guy, heard he cooks hot dogs and crap in the trim shop all the time trying to secure votes. Ridiculous. Bottom line, we have not the time in this facility for some guy to try his hand at a posiiton for which he is not qualified and subject ourselves to the potential risks that come along with his inexperience. Like it or not, this Chairman has kept our plant open and has obtained a reasonable expectation for stability for the next few years for the workers and their families. To throw that away for the sake of a t-shirt and a weenie would be stupid, to say the least!

It would be foolish of this membership to change it's Chairman come election time. We need the stability and all agreements that have been entered into have been on Nick's watch. There is no need to change the direction of the way things are going now. At this point, we have a better COA than most, and we have at the very least an agreement to keep producing the Econoline exclusively in this building. The folks on the other side, many might recall, made the decision that they thought they could do better and voted out the man whom had secured their vehicles for them in the first place, and we all know what happened in the end there. We need to remain consistent, continue to watchdog the bargaining folks that we have now and demand that they do their jobs, and foster the relationships that we have locally with the company right now to better our product and further secure our future. I heard about this Gonzalez guy, heard he cooks hot dogs and crap in the trim shop all the time trying to secure votes. Ridiculous. Bottom line, we have not the time in this facility for some guy to try his hand at a posiiton for which he is not qualified and subject ourselves to the potential risks that come along with his inexperience. Like it or not, this Chairman has kept our plant open and has obtained a reasonable expectation for stability for the next few years for the workers and their families. To throw that away for the sake of a t-shirt and a weenie would be stupid, to say the least!

There are a lot of us here that came over from Lorain and we really don't know too much about your politics and who was who way back when. It would help if some names were used. We can certainly tell you about our guys that came over. Robert was okay as a safety guy I guess but then I never really had to deal with him one on one. I've heard some really bad stuff from the people over in his area now that he's the group leader but I don't know first hand. Jack retired so he's out of the picture. Tim is still here but I haven't heard what he's going to do. I see Mr. Donovan out on the floor. He's really nice and I love talking to him. I don't know Nick G. I've seen him a couple of times but never talked to him and it's been a long time since I've seen him anyways. I don't know who else is running. But we'll find out a couple of months before the election because that's when you'll see EVERYBODY! Someone on here said about the committeeman who only does his job 3 months before the election because he says that's all the people ever remember. He must be right because that seems to be what they all do. Mr. Slapshot2 I like reading what you write but I wish you were clearer about who you're talking about. I'm trying not to do the them and us thing anymore and just go with we but it's hard when you don't know who everyone is!

There are a lot of us here that came over from Lorain and we really don't know too much about your politics and who was who way back when. It would help if some names were used. We can certainly tell you about our guys that came over. Robert was okay as a safety guy I guess but then I never really had to deal with him one on one. I've heard some really bad stuff from the people over in his area now that he's the group leader but I don't know first hand. Jack retired so he's out of the picture. Tim is still here but I haven't heard what he's going to do. I see Mr. Donovan out on the floor. He's really nice and I love talking to him. I don't know Nick G. I've seen him a couple of times but never talked to him and it's been a long time since I've seen him anyways. I don't know who else is running. But we'll find out a couple of months before the election because that's when you'll see EVERYBODY! Someone on here said about the committeeman who only does his job 3 months before the election because he says that's all the people ever remember. He must be right because that seems to be what they all do. Mr. Slapshot2 I like reading what you write but I wish you were clearer about who you're talking about. I'm trying not to do the them and us thing anymore and just go with we but it's hard when you don't know who everyone is!

I apologize, i think I sometimes forget that when I write (that some of you are "newer" to the building). I think the point is, regardless of names, that it is a bad time for us to show instability within the union ranks as it pertains to the Chairmans position. There is nothing to be gained and he (Nick) obviously has a decent relationship with the company on the local level. Regardless of who does what officially, it is the guy at the top that is ultimately held accountable for the end result, much as in National government politics. Mind you, I am not a personal friend of Nick's, in fact I know him only in passing, but to this point, he has gotten us some security and I don't feel it to be the right move to mess with that in today's business climate, especially to a guy that hangs his hat on his ability to handle health and safety grievances and make hot dogs in the trim shop. Don't get me wrong, his (Gonzalez's) former role is a very important one, but it hardly qualifies him to handle the negotiations that will shape the working futures of 2,000 people. Do I think there are others that have the general abilty to be a great leader from the Chairmans corner? Yes, but can the rest of us truly afford to make a gamble like that with what little bit of security we have while a newcomer "learns the ropes"? I think that is a no brainer. We need to demand performance out of our floor level representatives, or replace them. Pure and simple. As for the President and Chairman, they need to remain where they are so as to show the company that we support our leaders and their ability to bargain and will rise and fall beside them. A change at the top will, in my opinion, put us right back to square one and possibly right back on the radar for immediate closure while they sought further concessions at the plant level. How much more can we afford to give? Been there done that. it's time to just focus on building trucks for a while, good ones at that!

I wonder if they got a letter or were told that they would be guaranteed work if they voted for a COA?!

Before we voted on the MOA/COA (whatever they want to call it) we were told that in order to get new work (6.2 block at the time) we would need to approve the agreement. We approved it and we are still waiting on new work. We were told by Ford officials that now we are not showing strides in improvement to be competitive enough for new work. And Ford also told Ohio government officials that casting is no longer a core part of their business. All the promises for new work or just keeping plants open to approve new operating agreements are just a ploy on both the company & union to get these passed. The union is afaid of losing membership (dues) that they are the ones scaring people into voting these things in. Also voted in at the casting plant was the MOA for the 2 new cupolos that is now on hold for completion. We have given up alot without anything in return as of yet. So with that in mind, ask the union just what they can "guarantee" in return and I will bet they sidestep the question because there are NO guarantees. And they would be lying to tell you there are. This comes from experience over the past 3-4 years of voting in agreements and getting absolutely nothing in return. Good luck out there.

KTP has a COA vote coming. The purposal is frame , trim, final 5 10s every other sat. Body, paint 4 10s C crew pattern. If that isn't a bunch of shit , I don't know what is. I think the passing margins have been big because of fear and most people favor the 4 10s. I know there is a lot of opposition to going back to 5 10s every other sat when we are 8000 orders behind as of now. Maybe we'll get some balls and have a NO. Doubt it.

KTP has a COA vote coming. The purposal is frame , trim, final 5 10s every other sat. Body, paint 4 10s C crew pattern. If that isn't a bunch of shit , I don't know what is. I think the passing margins have been big because of fear and most people favor the 4 10s. I know there is a lot of opposition to going back to 5 10s every other sat when we are 8000 orders behind as of now. Maybe we'll get some balls and have a NO. Doubt it.

Our passing margin was because , it's not a bad agreement. No 4 - 10's either. Didn't give away the farm.

Our passing margin was because , it's not a bad agreement. No 4 - 10's either. Didn't give away the farm.

Iheard from one of the convention delegates that a number of the plants that approved the c.o.a.s are not implementing them.He said that the c.o.a.s are really useless to both the union and the company.He believes that the real changes will come at the next contract.

As few of us have seen the C.O.A.'s from other plants I don't know how we can say how good or how bad they are in contrast to each other. Regarding the politics I agree that it is way to early to be campaigning for office. I am sure that there will be plenty of candidates who will run for the different offices when the time comes.That someone is already campaigning for chairman indicates to me that asizable group of members must be unhappy with the way things are being run.As for keeping the plant open,didn't a previous chairman report that a new bodyshop was in the works.This was before the c.o.a.was settled.Ford makes decisions based upon many factors,not just one small agreement.Haven't we read that some plants that agreed to C.O.A.'s are being closed or downsized.