Challenger Wagon Photoshop

Mark B. Morrow

If you can get past the Challenger name on it, it actually makes a good looking wagon. But it is pointless. The Magnum IS the Challenger wagon in bodstyle configuration and platform... If you thin peopel will revolt against a Mustang wagon, expect a similar result here...

However, I think someone needs to call Carol Brady and tell her the news that her 70's retro Chrysler station wagon is ready for the Bunch...

What is the sick obsession of graphic designers and making station wagons out of every new car that comes out? The Magnum is already floundering saleswise. I'm sure this wouldn't do any better.

The magnum isn't doing that bad considering the small market that wagons occupy in the us....but that thing is ugly in comparison to the magnum...old is not always good.

Yeah...I own one so I'm a little biased....in my opinion it is one of the best looking most useful cars there is...but hey thats just me.

I thought they were kinda cool when they came out. I think the whole Dodge cross-hair grille look is starting to grow tired though, or at least this version of it.

I would agree...but it is probably one of the best driving wagons (cars for that matter) that there is.

Yeah, but what other true "wagons" even exist anymore? With the Mercedes-derived suspension and the V8, I'm sure all of the LX cars are pretty fun to drive. Never had a chance to take any for a test drive.

Looking to go car shopping with the lady soon....maybe I'll convince her to test drive one....even though her list currently consists of:

Ford Fusion

Chevy Impala

Honda Accord

Honda Civic

Hyundai Elantra

Hyundai Sonata

Surprisingly enough, I had absolutely zero input on her putting the Fusion on the list. She just thinks it looks cool. :happy feet: The availability of AWD seemed to be a big plus to her also. Good move, Ford.

Edited by NickF1011

Yeah, but what other true "wagons" even exist anymore? With the Mercedes-derived suspension and the V8, I'm sure all of the LX cars are pretty fun to drive. Never had a chance to take any for a test drive.

Looking to go car shopping with the lady soon....maybe I'll convince her to test drive one....even though her list currently consists of:

Ford Fusion

Chevy Impala

Honda Accord

Honda Civic

Hyundai Elantra

Hyundai Sonata

Surprisingly enough, I had absolutely zero input on her putting the Fusion on the list. She just thinks it looks cool. :happy feet:

It really is a very ncie drive...I think...and the sxt rwd gets excellent mileage....at least...for the size that it is....but hey....if not...try to steer her to the fusion lol

Having never been a wagon type of guy, I've liked the Magnum since its introduction as a concept. Nevermind the blind spots and gunslot rear glass. Sensible folks know how to adjust their mirrors. That slight fastback roofline to the rear liftgate is just one sweet design and the forward hinging of the liftgate was an ingenious idea for the car...or is that...truck.

The Magnum gets around some of the laws, allowing it to have deep tinted windows, no SRT gas guzzler tax and maintaining a low profile like a car. As stated, the SRT 300C and Charger come with a gas-guzzler tax but because of the truck designation of the Magnum, those buyers get around the steep tax.

If I were buying a similar vehicle today for a family hauler, that would be my choice I think. To me there is absolutely no comparison at all to another wagon in production. It makes the whole concept actually sporty, yet practical. Plus, the next generation Magnum will have a more aggressive front-end styling.

I have never really liked the Magnum from the B pillar back. the slope of the roof doesn't look right to me. The Challenger chop has the right proportions eventhough it's a fantasy. It does have a little mid '70s Torino in the sculptured sides and a bit of the early '70s Coronet.

It will never happen but it would make a very sporty wagon.