Ford Edge Commericals: Fast and Quiet

Blue Oval Guide

they are decent ... not as memorable and cooky as the Ford challenge commercials .. but they will likely get noticed, and they do what Richard has been saying for years - tout the car without boring laundry list voice-over ...

Also I think Edge is the right product for experimenting with different marketing ideas ... it is aimed at the 20-3 years old, and they like funny and innovative stuff - I know I am part of that group :D

Igor

I really like these commercials, and they actually tell something about the car instead of showing them driving around on buildings with annoying music playing..

A+

Now I want to see one touting how much better the Falcon is over the 5 series.. :rockon:

Edited by Blueblood

"Spirit of a sports car, versitility of an SUV" The all new Edge.

At last we know what they were thinking. The problem with game changers is that you have to help the market understand where you are going. This little catch phrase will define how people will judge the vehicle.

Whether it will measure up to the slogan or not is another story... The key is that they are focusing on the fact that this vehicle is fun to drive, but still quiet, and versitile. Let's see if they can build on the idea.

Good stuff. Amusing, sly, and to the point - nice shots of the vehicles as well.

I like the first one a lot better than the second though. The second spot has a conflicting message: all that talk about "Quiet" and "beating Lexus"... and then the tagline is "Spirit of a Sports Car?" SInce when does quiet = sports car? Quite the opposite is expected to be true, I would say - a certain amount of LOUD is expected with a sports car.

Of course, I will concede that "spirit of a sports car" is better than "silence of a library".

That nitpick aside, I'm inclined to like these. Hope they do more. I would almost even like them to do the same thing with the other cars... infuse them all - and the Entire Ford Brand - with this sort of clandestine hipness with a swig of humor.

Nope, just like the Hyundai ads, it's ludicrous to elevate your competition by comparing them as if they are the benchmark. You just remind your consumers that Ford=Crap but look what we got to prove otherwise. I HATE these ads more than any I've seen.

Nope, just like the Hyundai ads, it's ludicrous to elevate your competition by comparing them as if they are the benchmark. You just remind your consumers that Ford=Crap but look what we got to prove otherwise. I HATE these ads more than any I've seen.

You would have a point if the commercials benchmarked Volkswagen and Toyota, but as it is they compared the mainstream Edge with much more expensive so-called "premium" vehicles. I like the ads and I don't see anything wrong with using much more expensive products as benchmarks.

Edited by White99GT

Of course you compare yourself to something better than your immediate competition - giving some reason to think they dont need to shell out for a luxury "tag" -

These are the best Edge ads yet - and the more Edges that get out there as soon as they can.. the more likely public perception will change..

Im waiting for my Edge - cant wait to get it...

You would hate pretty much any ad Ford would come out with, just as you hate pretty much any FMC vehicle, present or future. As a matter of fact, about the only Ford vehicle that you have said anything good about is the LS.

Ford deserves to burn in hell because the cancelled the LS. :rolleyes:

I can see this applying to the CX-7.....I cant see it applying to the edge. After seeing one it person, it doesnt look very sporty to me. It looks fat and squashed.

I can see myself in the Edge. I can't see myself in the CX-7. bottom line...

however, I can see my girlfriend in the Mazda. now I just have to convince her to test drive

Finally.... Ford is finally hitting a commercial that is good. I looked at a Mazda CX-7 up close yesterday and although it was very nice I will take the Edge. The Edge I looked at was $35,000 and the CX-7 was $32,000, I think the Edge was just more car.

Of course you compare yourself to something better than your immediate competition - giving some reason to think they dont need to shell out for a luxury "tag" -

These are the best Edge ads yet - and the more Edges that get out there as soon as they can.. the more likely public perception will change..

Im waiting for my Edge - cant wait to get it...

ditto.

by the way, interesting to see ways they're marketing it in the rest of the world:

I've also seen totally separate ads in Spanish here in America, designed especially for those potential buyers. so Ford is going all out with this thing, and I like that they're trying every kind of advertising possible. the bottom line is, this is a dynamic game-changing near luxury vehicle, especially for Ford when you look at their mediocre or at the very least, boring vehicles of the past 10 years with a few exceptions. that's what these ads are trying to show and they definitely seem to do the job.

ditto.

by the way, interesting to see ways they're marketing it in the rest of the world:

I've also seen totally separate ads in Spanish here in America, designed especially for those potential buyers. so Ford is going all out with this thing, and I like that they're trying every kind of advertising possible. the bottom line is, this is a dynamic game-changing near luxury vehicle, especially for Ford when you look at their mediocre or at the very least, boring vehicles of the past 10 years with a few exceptions. that's what these ads are trying to show and they definitely seem to do the job.

Check out youtube for the Edge featuring Bono (really?) - I saw that after my edge was ordered...

That was great - its targets Mexico - wished it was here... now that would make an impact on alot of Americans..and Irishmen...

Check out youtube for the Edge featuring Bono (really?) - I saw that after my edge was ordered...

That was great - its targets Mexico - wished it was here... now that would make an impact on alot of Americans..and Irishmen...

I didn't see that one... but I'm half Irish so I'll check it out :)

weird that they don't show any Bono ads here but they'll gladly do it in Mexico / the rest of the world.

I also really like how the "More Fun" Edge ads with the voice-over saying how the Edge beat the X5 in performance, the Lexus in cabin noise, and better MPG than a Honda Pilot, are there to keep driving it into your brain subconsciously.

I think reinforcing this message through one of their more standard ads, and adding an additional statement about interior room helps make the "Fast and Quiet" ads that much more effective.

I had the tv on while websurfing last night and must have seen this "More Fun" ad about 8-10 times in just a 3 or 4 hour span. I think it was mainly during reruns of Seinfeld but could be wrong.

FWIW, I have just seen recent Hyundai (Santa Fe?) ads saying it's equivalent to a BMW because it seats the same number of passengers and has the same number of airbags. now THAT's an example of a ridiculous comparison (not performance or quietness or MPG).

Edited by bri719