Youse UAW guys/gals AIN'T gonna like what this guy's sayin'!

Ovaltine

An (excerpted) jolt of reality about the Cerberus-Chrysler Deal.

by Peter M. DeLorenzo

http://www.autoextremist.com/page2.shtml#Rant

"Cerberus' attention span for this deal actually only extends as far as the contract talks with the UAW this summer. If Cerberus gets what it needs and what it wants from the UAW, then their attention span grows exponentially. If the UAW plays its strident "entitlement" card as if it's 1980, then all bets are off and Cerberus will part-out the company - despite all of its touchy-feely public pronouncements.

Is this the end of the UAW as we know it? If the UAW deigns to think that they're going into these negotiations from a position of strength and power, then we're talking Eve of Destruction-type scenarios here. In this global economy, the classic UAW position of entitlement and "getting what we deserve" is so obsolete and out of touch that it's excruciatingly painful to even contemplate. GM and Ford are going to let Cerberus do the heavy lifting here. Cerberus will present the UAW with a one-time, non-negotiable, "take-it-or-leave-it" package that will put the company back on track to profitability. The UAW will have to invest mightily in its own health care program as a key component of the deal - or else it's all over but the shouting.

Simply put, the UAW has to get their arms around the idea of reduced jobs, reduced pay and reduced benefits, or face the ugly alternative, which is no jobs at all. I have not seen one shred of evidence that the UAW actually "gets" this idea, however, as dealing with reality has never been its strong suit.

And one more thing that this Cerberus deal puts on the table?

It brings forward the heretofore unthinkable idea that the domestic auto industry could, in fact, function just fine in a world in which the UAW simply didn't exist. I am absolutely convinced that if the new Chrysler Holdings, GM and Ford got together and presented their package of reduced wages and benefits to the UAW and said that this is the deal, take it or leave it - and then locked the union out if it balked - there would be a lineup 20 people deep applying for every single job available at the reduced package price all around the country. The end of the UAW? Let's just say the fate of the union is hanging by a thread."

I hope DeLorenzo has a couple of asbestos/fireproof suits in his closet. I can smell the flamethrowers igniting from here!

Send your cards and letters to: AEeditors@autoextremist.com

B)

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no doubt that this year's negotiations will change the UAW and what it has stood for. The Cerberus deal was signed before the tip off of negotiations for an intentional reason. They have no interest in a bickering match with labor. They want to make money from Chrysler by increasing marketing and image repair. The UAW has only made the Delphi situation worse for everyone involved. There are signs of the union wanting to talk forever but never committing to new conditions. This can only further damage the image of the UAW represented automakers. No doubt, this summer will make history in labor negations.

Yeah. It had nothing to do with the inept management, and their multi-million dollar bonuses for running the company into the ground. :rolleyes:

This article is BS it's just someone's own website. It's all BS

No doubt, One would be an idiot to take autoextremist.com seriously.

There is gonna be alot of scabs getting they're asses kicked. I don't work for Crystler and I'm not sharing their fate. Let them part it out. I work for one of the companies that will be buying up their patents and taking their market share!

Cerebus wants the union to strike. That way you are all fired and they bring in people for 15-18 dollars an hour, with meager benefits. They will do what it takes to protect the people entering their plants. If you assault a worker you will be thrown in jail. These people will do what it takes to make Chrysler a viable company again. With or without the union.

Cerebus wants the union to strike. That way you are all fired and they bring in people for 15-18 dollars an hour, with meager benefits. They will do what it takes to protect the people entering their plants. If you assault a worker you will be thrown in jail. These people will do what it takes to make Chrysler a viable company again. With or without the union.

Your talking about talking my livelyhood. Do I give a fuck about jail? The cops won't run security for private companies. They may be able to cover the line but, their not going to sit outside of the personal residences of 1,900 people. The odds are one of their family may be picketting! Cops are union too. Pioneer is wright and, so was I when I said that they will piecemill Crystler. The American brands will take on their American loyal marketshare. If we took just A 3rd It would put us at more than the 25% marketshare we held when I was hired. Your a management whack! Cerebus wants the union to strike like Bush wants a civil war in Iraq. Cut the reverse phsycology!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Your talking about talking my livelyhood. Do I give a fuck about jail? The cops won't run security for private companies. They may be able to cover the line but, their not going to sit outside of the personal residences of 1,900 people. The odds are one of their family may be picketting! Cops are union too. Pioneer is wright and, so was I when I said that they will piecemill Crystler. The American brands will take on their American loyal marketshare. If we took just A 3rd It would put us at more than the 25% marketshare we held when I was hired. Your a management whack! Cerebus wants the union to strike like Bush wants a civil war in Iraq. Cut the reverse phsycology!

Who is going to organize these assaults? You guys can't agree on anything!

BTW I am not a management whack. I sell cars.

Dude, I'll stand outside tomorrow and knee cap any scab I see attempting to cross the line! If I'm not working all I have to do is follow then home from the picket line.

That just makes you a punk. Besides it's probably all talk.

So you are going to follow someone home and assault them and their family at home? Sounds like you need to be put away right now.

No. Cerberus will do whatever it takes to make it look viable, so they can sell it off piece by piece. This is a private equity firm. They care nothing about building cars, only about making the most amount of money in the smallest amount of time. I don't care what LaSorta, or any other executive says. Chrysler will be sold off one plant, one brand at a time, until there is nothing left.

See the resemblance?

gordon.jpg = SnowJohn.jpg

You hit it right on the head. Ask anyone in the midwest who used to work for Cub Foods division of Supervalue. Cerberus bought them and, within one year, sold all the stores and gave everyone their walking papers. This is what this company does. Why would they treat Chrysler any differently.

So you are going to follow someone home and assault them and their family at home? Sounds like you need to be put away right now.

That's exactly what I'm suggesting minus their family! We'll keep their family out of the beating! How else would you suggest keeping scabs out of the plant! I have seen companies since the video camera age put cameras on the crowd. So you know you can't take action on the pickett line. When Goodyear went on strike they did house calls! You won't see like the old days, workers throwing bricks and beating the managments car with sticks. The camera would convict them! War is hell, I really don't give a shit what your opinion is of me! :tease: :kissass:

Edited by Furious1Auto

That's exactly what I'm suggesting minus their family! We'll keep their family out of the beating! How else would you suggest keeping scabs out of the plant! I have seen companies since the video camera age put cameras on the crowd. So you know you can't take action on the pickett line. When Goodyear went on strike they did house calls! You won't see like the old days, workers throwing bricks and beating the managments car with sticks. The camera would convict them! War is hell, I really don't give a shit what your opinion is of me! :tease: :kissass:

YEAH, don't bring a viable product to the table, just try to beat up people who are willing to do so. You sound like a dinosaur. Seen any of those around lately?

Plus those scabs would probably kick most of your lazy asses.

You can't fight in shifts you know.

Trough out the history of the American union labor movement judges across this once great country of ours has sided with big business concerning lockouts, strikes etc. If a judge hands down an order to allow scabs then that will be that. Police forces (union brothers or not) will do as they are ordered. It happens all the time. Policemen pledge an oath to enforce the law so guess what. The law or in the case of labor strikes will be enforced as per judges orders. The police force is not a true union bother or sister. That bully club hanging off their belts and that knot on your head says so. Talk all the talk you want big man, come September you will have the option to walk the picket line or cross it for a job. That choice will be yours. By the way looking back at history if the police won’t enforce the handed down law then the National Guard will be called in. The American autoworker is doomed. The UAW is weak and its international president is the weakest link. All the UAW cares about is numbers. That is why they are so hot after Toyota, Honda, Nissan, and Kia etc. Numbers equal dues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And this statement comes from you with the video clip of the 'king' blowing away ronald mcdonald! Poor ronald

Its a slippery slope that Cerberus should not take lightly. I do not know the status of the Teamsters alliance with the UAW but if labor union leaders in general think or get the idea that this is the beginning of the end of all unions, there could be bigger consequences than just Chrysler, or the US auto industry. If the Teamsters decide to side with the UAW, what then? How about the Long Shoremans union?

The entire economy could come to a screeching halt pretty quickly.

YEAH, don't bring a viable product to the table, just try to beat up people who are willing to do so. You sound like a dinosaur. Seen any of those around lately?

Plus those scabs would probably kick most of your lazy asses.

You can't fight in shifts you know.

We shall see! As far as building a viable product, We build what they design! I also work every min. that I'm on the line I geuss you could call that lazy!

Its a slippery slope that Cerberus should not take lightly. I do not know the status of the Teamsters alliance with the UAW but if labor union leaders in general think or get the idea that this is the beginning of the end of all unions, there could be bigger consequences than just Chrysler, or the US auto industry. If the Teamsters decide to side with the UAW, what then? How about the Long Shoremans union?

The entire economy could come to a screeching halt pretty quickly.

I doubt that is a concern. Poland is almost entirely union and they have struck all unions standing together and shut down their country. That won't happen here because we have a much lower % of union labor. As far as the police it's hard enough to get them to write a report or police real victoms. The idea of the national gaurd getting involved is ludacris. The only way the national gaurd mobilize is when directed to by the govenor of the state or by executive order by, the president of the united states. They don't work for the big three!

Edited by Furious1Auto

HEADLINE.............

Dumb spoiled arrogant ex auto worker follows employed hardworking motivated loyal man trying to feed his family home. Ex auto worker is shot and killed while trying to assault man on his own property.

HEADLINE.............

Dumb spoiled arrogant ex auto worker follows employed hardworking motivated loyal man trying to feed his family home. Ex auto worker is shot and killed while trying to assault man on his own property.

By the National Gaurd! :hysterical:

Edited by Furious1Auto