Bullit Mustang?

bolita

i don't think so, it looks like its just being shipped, the color is new, i have seen those wheels in the mustang catalog at the ford dealership, and they cover the emblem on almost all cars that are shipped on trucks, and the spoiler delete is an option, and isn't the bullit going to be a special green?

Well its quite obvious your not the target demographic...and tell me why you still come here, if all you do is bitch and complain?

Seems like nobody is since nobody is happy with a GT that looks like a V6 with 12 extra horsepower as a Bullitt.

I come here because I'm a a die hard Ford fan, and because of this I criticize the stupid things they do, why would a Ford fan cheerlead their stupid mistakes unless they really aren't a fan?

Seems like nobody is since nobody is happy with a GT that looks like a V6 with 12 extra horsepower as a Bullitt.

I come here because I'm a a die hard Ford fan, and because of this I criticize the stupid things they do, why would a Ford fan cheerlead their stupid mistakes unless they really aren't a fan?

You criticize everything they do...because if you don't like it...then no one will like it....

You criticize everything they do...because if you don't like it...then no one will like it....

Wrong noob, you obviously haven't read all my posts, I criticize what deserves criticism, and unfortunately, Ford has given us much to criticize lately, the new vehicles like the Flex I've defended since I think it is a 9 out of 10. I also like the Edge and MKX a lot, the only dis-likes I have about them is the dashboards.

Wrong noob, you obviously haven't read all my posts, I criticize what deserves criticism, and unfortunately, Ford has given us much to criticize lately, the new vehicles like the Flex I've defended since I think it is a 9 out of 10. I also like the Edge and MKX a lot, the only dis-likes I have about them is the dashboards.

well in a way you prove my point...you may not criticize everything, but you criticize the things you don't like...that doesn't determine how good they really are.

My one thought on the bullit, why couldn't they have used a 5.4L 3V with the same powerpack upgrades and a slightly sportier tune (Or, heaven forbid, a sporty cam!)? The powerpack upgrades should have been able to give the 5.4L at least the same HP boost, if not a slight bit more. The 5.4L has more than enough extra torque to make up for the extra 100 lbs of weight or so on the front end. And don't tell me it won't fit. They can shoehorn a .54L DOHc and a supercharger into the gt500. The 3v with its much more compact heads should be an easy one.

How many of you would have complained about a bullit with 325 hp and 375 lb of torque that was around 100 lbs heavier than the current bullit?

It's not that we are not happy, but a limited run of a seemingly special vehicle with ONLY 12hp kinda reeks of a half assed effort that really doesn't sound particularly special does it? 50-75hp is another story, cosmetically I LOVE the clean Bullit look.....

• 2 months later...

I would rather see a 12hp gain and a 250lb weight loss with a than another special edition with a heavier engine and supercharger hanging way out over the front axle

At least that's something different, and I think it matches the bullit tradition perfectly

Edited by MERKURXR4Ti

It's a Bullitt mule, it's not green because they probably don't have the green paint at the plant yet.

All the Bullitt is is a GT with green paint that looks like a V6, total waste of money..

The '01 Bullitt had SVT (96-98) brakes and suspension. While the 4.6L was only rated for 265 (vs. 260 in the GT), dyno testings show it has a broader torque curve and a peak horsepower closer to the pre-production rating of 275 Hp. The Bullitt's are faster and handle better than a regular '99-04 GT.

I also think that the Bullitt looks much better than a typical GT because of it's lower stance and lack of useless parts like a rear spoiler and fake sidescoops. The fact that my Bullitt is a numbered car with only around 5500 made makes it a potential collectors car.

Considering what it would have cost me to install the all Bullitt-spec parts onto a regular GT, the extra $5000 (Can.) I paid was not a waste of money.

Ford had said at the time that they would not make another Bullitt S/E Mustang. They had copyright issues with the McQueen family for the use of the "Bullitt" name. For selfish reasons, I hope Ford never builds another Bullitt.

I would rather see a 12hp gain and a 250lb weight loss with a than another special edition with a heavier engine and supercharger hanging way out over the front axle

At least that's something different, and I think it matches the bullit tradition perfectly

You are correct IMO. Take a stock Mustang GT with 300 horses and Car and Driver turned a 4.9 0-60 time. Take the Mustang GT500 with 200 more horses and 0-60 time is 4.5 at best. A bunch of more horsepower and torque don't mean much if you can't get it to the ground and weight goes way up. Yeah, the extra power will start showing up as you pass 60mph, but kind of meaningless on public road. Lighter vehicles with smaller V8 's are more nimble and surprisingly quick. If Ford could pull an extra 50hp out of present Mustang GT without adding a bunch of weight with big block V8, it would probably be good Camaro fighter and should be able to do 0-60 in lower 4's. Nimble, quick, and fun to drive. The present Mustang GT does all three, and hopefully new Mustang doesn't get fat and heavy. My favorite Mustang from the past were 289 hypos and 5 liter Mustangs from 83 to 94 era. They were smaller and very fast. Mustang lost me when they started stuffing big block 429 Cobra Jets in them.

You are correct IMO. Take a stock Mustang GT with 300 horses and Car and Driver turned a 4.9 0-60 time. Take the Mustang GT500 with 200 more horses and 0-60 time is 4.5 at best. A bunch of more horsepower and torque don't mean much if you can't get it to the ground and weight goes way up. Yeah, the extra power will start showing up as you pass 60mph, but kind of meaningless on public road. Lighter vehicles with smaller V8 's are more nimble and surprisingly quick. If Ford could pull an extra 50hp out of present Mustang GT without adding a bunch of weight with big block V8, it would probably be good Camaro fighter and should be able to do 0-60 in lower 4's. Nimble, quick, and fun to drive. The present Mustang GT does all three, and hopefully new Mustang doesn't get fat and heavy. My favorite Mustang from the past were 289 hypos and 5 liter Mustangs from 83 to 94 era. They were smaller and very fast. Mustang lost me when they started stuffing big block 429 Cobra Jets in them.

The '01 Bullitt had SVT (96-98) brakes and suspension. While the 4.6L was only rated for 265 (vs. 260 in the GT), dyno testings show it has a broader torque curve and a peak horsepower closer to the pre-production rating of 275 Hp. The Bullitt's are faster and handle better than a regular '99-04 GT.

I also think that the Bullitt looks much better than a typical GT because of it's lower stance and lack of useless parts like a rear spoiler and fake sidescoops. The fact that my Bullitt is a numbered car with only around 5500 made makes it a potential collectors car.

Considering what it would have cost me to install the all Bullitt-spec parts onto a regular GT, the extra $5000 (Can.) I paid was not a waste of money.

Ford had said at the time that they would not make another Bullitt S/E Mustang. They had copyright issues with the McQueen family for the use of the "Bullitt" name. For selfish reasons, I hope Ford never builds another Bullitt.

I would have to agree...

As a previous Bullitt owner and having driven both GT's and Cobra's of the same vintage... the Bullitt was a performance bargain. A GT couldn't hold a candle and my Bullitt would run gear for gear with the same vintage Cobra, and handle better to boot even with the cobbled IRS.

Even though I no longer own #3936, I hope Ford sticks to their word and doesn't build another Bullitt. That may not be the case though as there are rumors that Brad Pitt will star in the remake of the movie. The Mustang is the perfect car even if Brad is far from the perfect star for a Bullitt remake. I always thought that Matt Damon would make a great Det. Frank Bullitt.

Personally... a new Boss car would be better, or maybe a GT-350. Just my opinion...

I would have to agree...

As a previous Bullitt owner and having driven both GT's and Cobra's of the same vintage... the Bullitt was a performance bargain. A GT couldn't hold a candle and my Bullitt would run gear for gear with the same vintage Cobra, and handle better to boot even with the cobbled IRS.

Even though I no longer own #3936, I hope Ford sticks to their word and doesn't build another Bullitt. That may not be the case though as there are rumors that Brad Pitt will star in the remake of the movie. The Mustang is the perfect car even if Brad is far from the perfect star for a Bullitt remake. I always thought that Matt Damon would make a great Det. Frank Bullitt.

Personally... a new Boss car would be better, or maybe a GT-350. Just my opinion...

Like you I think Matt Damon would be excellent as Lt. Frank Bullitt. Unlike you I would like them to build another Bullitt S/E. I have my 01, #1152. And have no desire to part with it.

As for anyone that thinks a Bullitt is just a V-6 Mustang with a V-8. Well, go buy a Chevy because you would fit right in over on that side of the street.

A Bullitt has special everything. Wheels (everyone copied them), cobra brakes, suspension, Custom built Arvin exhaust system, engine intake, interior appointments and seating, unique guage cluster, unneccessary body parts deleted and others modified, special door sill, door jam reinforced, subframes, C-pillar modified, DHG paint, serialized build numbering. Just to name a few things.

So, yeah. Let's build another high performance car that is easily modified, runs on 87 octane, has lower insurance premiums, runs faster than just about anything in it's catagory. And has the lowest entry fee per horsepower of any pony car out their. Low profile. And definitely provides more car for the buck than any other.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Highland Green Clearcoat Metallic appears in the "Ford Cars Exterior Colors for 2008" foldout, and is indicated as being "late availability" on the Mustang. I think this is the special paint for the Bullitt Mustang. Don't know if it's the same color as the 2001 Bullitt.

Yeah, my scanner sucks- apologies for the low quality...

highland_green.jpg