More Bad News for Tundra

range

If Ford doesn't lead the way with air ride, then Yoda will.

No. GM would if Ford wouldn't.

Look at Toyota. They can't lead with ANYTHING on the Tundra, except HP which, I can assure you, requires the least amount of vehicle specific effort and know-how of any engineering done on a truck.

It's unbelievable to me that Toyota would offer so much in incentives on brand new vehicle. I can never remember Toyota buying sales on even dated models like Corolla let alone new vehicle. They must know that they are destroying residual value as they chase for pickup truck sales. You have to wonder what they are thinking. I believe they have PANICED!!! :happy feet:

If Ford doesn't lead the way with air ride, then Yoda will. And in the minds of the masses, Yoda will be the "leader" in truck technology, never mind the flexy flyer Yoda frame.

If Ford see's a need for it in the trucks they will do it.

Remember Ford has been stuffing Air Suspensions in production vehicles continuously for over 25 years now with towing capacity's up to 5K lbs and beyond

They have way more experience with it then any other auto manufacturer.

Do not worry about Ford getting an Air suspension together for the F-Series if it is required. That is one thing they could get going in less than half time of any one else. And it would be a far more reliable set up than what any one else could offer out of the gate.

Matthew

Edited by matthewq4b

All the incentives...yada yada yada...

The reason is the same as every other industry they (the japs) want to conquor or have already conquored. They will lose massive amounts of money for a few years in effort to gain market share. Then when they have the market they can do what they want. (tool and die/electronics/scrap metal/etc. Oh, and how do they survive while losing massive amounts of money? If presario is in japan as he portays then he should be able to answer that one. I'll give you a hint, there are 7 major "families" who help each other.

You can carry on with the rest...oh wait it's all a lie isn't it? Yeah those poor japanese "don't wipe their asses with $100.00 bills" as you said before.

Fill us in on the way it works. It also ties in to why most japanese only buy what their "supposed to" like a "hello kitty" toaster made by sanrio or one by Chuo Sangyo, see how many buy black and decker for example. Or another example would be bicycles, miyata or azuki are everywhere...but a foreign bike? Not a chance. In fact "bridgestone" is actually japanese bike company with a non japanese name! (maybe to ferret out foreigner lovers?)

Bottom line, toyota will do whatever it takes to gain market share then pay back all their "lenders" when they have the particular market. Not the first time a japanese company done this and certainly won't be the last.

maro pansuke nagaremono aikouka

Does the Big Bad Texas made Toyoda come with these in the option package,,,LOL

2butts.jpg Tundra convention

:whipped: :banmolest:

also you know they built it in texas cause they wanted people to believe they know how to build trucks, since texas is the truck capital of the world

Edited by Ford-150

And where it counts, this weekend up at Odell lake camping i looked around and took note of what brought peoples trailers up.. (its a 7% grade mountain pass up there)

3 dodge HD's

2 chevy 1500's

5 F-150's

7 Super Duty's

1 80's toyota camper

no tundras or tacomas or even titans of any time.

(Now if people just stopped buying Honda engines for their boats)

And where it counts, this weekend up at Odell lake camping i looked around and took note of what brought peoples trailers up.. (its a 7% grade mountain pass up there)

3 dodge HD's

2 chevy 1500's

5 F-150's

7 Super Duty's

1 80's toyota camper

no tundras or tacomas or even titans of any time.

(Now if people just stopped buying Honda engines for their boats)

i buy Mercury engines

Presumably Toyota can give a $6000 dollar discount on every Tundra because if Ford were to give a $3000 dollar discount then Ford are loosing about as much as Toyota. Once you factor in the healthcare cost issue at Ford then in real terms Toyota can afford to 'buy' market share as Ford is hurting just as much if not more.

Ok so that may not sound straight forward but I think I can see how Toyota is justifying this.

Presumably Toyota can give a $6000 dollar discount on every Tundra because if Ford were to give a $3000 dollar discount then Ford are loosing about as much as Toyota. Once you factor in the healthcare cost issue at Ford then in real terms Toyota can afford to 'buy' market share as Ford is hurting just as much if not more.

Ok so that may not sound straight forward but I think I can see how Toyota is justifying this.

Could Toyota actually get themselves into an anti dumping situation? To sell below cost for the purpose of market domination is illegal.

Could Toyota actually get themselves into an anti dumping situation? To sell below cost for the purpose of market domination is illegal.

It's only illegal to have a monopoly, It's not illegal to use this tactic to increase marketshare! Wal-Mart and all other retailers do it every day on key items like milk and gas just to get people in the the stores!

It's only illegal to have a monopoly, It's not illegal to use this tactic to increase marketshare! Wal-Mart and all other retailers do it every day on key items like milk and gas just to get people in the the stores!

I don't believe that is correct. Here's a quote from this article on the US House of Representatives web site:

Dumping is illegal under American law and grounds for punitive action under the rules of the World Trade Organization. Companies can engage in dumping only if their governments help them. The consequences of selling products lower than the production cost are simply too great to maintain over the long-term without trade barriers or subsidies.

they did it when they introduced the Lexus lineup too....I heard they basically took loss's to get them on the road....and look what word of mouth has done and how prices have rocketed..........