Visit to the Ford dealer showroom

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well it must have been more than one or two if they issued a recall for it.

it was a mule, and Ford halted the problem BEFORE it hit the street...unlike some manufacturers we know of that release a product KNOWING there are issues......NOT a smart move....but, i can guarantee Ford somewhere along the lines has done the same thing...6.0 anyone? i would venture to say NO manufacturer is a complete angel.......

Blow me asshole!!! I have not seen one Tundra for a snapped cam. I dont give a fuck what you think white99gt.., youre not a mouth breather because yours is full of dick all the time :D

Hell tom, thats alittle over the top even for you...run out of meds?....mucho take it easy.....

If you're talking about the GT, if you'd like to know, it was discovered on ONE unit. It was a testing unit subjected to stress far above and beyond what a normal GT will ever experience in its lifetime. A casting imperfection on the arm on this high-stress test car was noted to have a hairline fracture. Ford concluded that if they continued driving the car, it might crack. While it wouldn't crash the car, it would change the handling characteristics, which MAY result in a crash.

The recall affected 111 units who had their control arms cast using the original technique. These GTs had the parts replaced, and all future GTs were built with differently cast arms. None of the recalled cars had any problems with their arms... it was a preventative measure, and a sterling example of customer service done right.

The Ford GT is, without question, the most reliable and trouble-free exotic vehicle on the road today, and Ford should be commended as such. Now... if we could get ALL of their vehicles up to those standards...

hmmm. I thought they started to forge the arms...at an astronomical price.....

I havent een one single Tundra for an engine problem. How many actually did break? 20 or 30? Pretty good considering they seem to be selling well. More of that "new technology" just like Ford. At least if your engine snaps a cam you probably will survive....unlike if your lower control arm breaks on your 200 mph sports car.

History would point out that the GT recall happened before any such fatalitites, so your record of talking out your nether orifice remains unthreatened.

Blow me asshole!!! I have not seen one Tundra for a snapped cam. I dont give a fuck what you think white99gt.., youre not a mouth breather because yours is full of dick all the time :D

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Damn, tommy, you cuss as good as ANY of the kids on the playground!

Now get off the comp and get your tardy ass to Home Ec.

We've sold 2 Taurus and a Sable. They don't lease great so mostly a payment issue right now. But they are beautiful cars. Just got a Taurus X yesterday. Very very sharp. Hopefully all of these cars will help stop the bleeding until Ford gets more new product on the ground.

You are going to judge me based on your experience in Flat Rock? So I should base the human race as idiots because you are? Please...

quote name='el norte' date='Jul 25 2007, 01:19 PM' post='200467']

yeah right! nice try doug! if i built a mustang as crappy as the dealership experience, we would all be out of a job. I've been buying new cars for thirteen years, at seven different dealerships, and have yet had a good experience. last month i had my mustang in at superior ford in flat rock for front end chatter, and a burned out fog light. they call me and tell me there is a bulletin for the front end struts, and they couldn't do anything about it. there is a recall for roush and eibach struts, but no bulletins for stock struts. i get my car back, and they scratched my front bumper replacing the fog light. do you think they would fix my bumper? hell no! so a week later i take the car to a dealer by my house (szott ford) because the car no longer feels safe. the service rep asks me if i want the tech to go for a ride with me to help determine the problem, a first for me, "great" so we go for a ride and the tech says something is definitely wrong! he puts the car on the hoist, and determines that my front sway bar is barely holding on by a thread. an hour later they have my car fixed and I'm back on the road. i will be going back to szott ford because of that quality of service. i will be calling the ford customer hotline, and i will be lighting up superior ford for this b.s. someone could have gotten hurt, maybe my 3 yr boy while being in my car! totally inexcusable, and I've had just as shitty of experiences at other dealerships namely Brighton ford. i really don't give a crap about how nice your building looks! i want good service! you are just another owner that has no clue on how to treat a customer! don't blame ford buddy.

You are going to judge me based on your experience in Flat Rock? So I should base the human race as idiots because you are? Please...

quote name='el norte' date='Jul 25 2007, 01:19 PM' post='200467']

yeah right! nice try doug! if i built a mustang as crappy as the dealership experience, we would all be out of a job. I've been buying new cars for thirteen years, at seven different dealerships, and have yet had a good experience. last month i had my mustang in at superior ford in flat rock for front end chatter, and a burned out fog light. they call me and tell me there is a bulletin for the front end struts, and they couldn't do anything about it. there is a recall for roush and eibach struts, but no bulletins for stock struts. i get my car back, and they scratched my front bumper replacing the fog light. do you think they would fix my bumper? hell no! so a week later i take the car to a dealer by my house (szott ford) because the car no longer feels safe. the service rep asks me if i want the tech to go for a ride with me to help determine the problem, a first for me, "great" so we go for a ride and the tech says something is definitely wrong! he puts the car on the hoist, and determines that my front sway bar is barely holding on by a thread. an hour later they have my car fixed and I'm back on the road. i will be going back to szott ford because of that quality of service. i will be calling the ford customer hotline, and i will be lighting up superior ford for this b.s. someone could have gotten hurt, maybe my 3 yr boy while being in my car! totally inexcusable, and I've had just as shitty of experiences at other dealerships namely Brighton ford. i really don't give a crap about how nice your building looks! i want good service! you are just another owner that has no clue on how to treat a customer! don't blame ford buddy.

now, why do you have to get into name calling? i thought you were a respectable business man! if you read the whole thread i said that i've had problems at several dealerships, and now, i'm going to have to go to work and slam your dealership as well. why? because i care about driving my son around in a safe car. i also stated i had a great experience at szott ford which is a first in over 13 yrs. why don't you start bragging about what a kick-ass service center you have, and don't tell me it's how you like to be treated (at your dealership that is). flatscreens DO NOT IMPRESS ME! GOOD service does.

I know what type of businessman I am. I do not need your approval to call myself an above average Ford dealer. My repeat business speaks for itself. This is my life's work pal. I invest my time and my money into making it a real experience for my customers and a flagship Ford store for my area. For you to shoot your mouth off so carelessly speaks volumes about you. Maybe it's not the dealers who are causing you to have a bad experience. Maybe you should look inward......

i'm sure you know exactly what type of business man you are! i think you should continue to tell everyone on here what kind of owner you are. always someone else"s fault right? for someone who is so righteous, you sure as hell not giving your business a good name. building cars is also my life's work and take alot of pride building them. i bet if you took a poll, there would be more unsatisfied customers than satisfied with service dept. the only one speaking carelessly here is you! you have a business to run! i will continue to build cars and no one will ever hear of me. you have your business name all over this thread. now tell me who's being careless? don't tell me to look inward, since i bust my ass everyday, and let's not forget i'm the one who is making payments on that 30 thousand dollar car, that you are telling me that i have no right to bitch about!

Edited by el norte

for someone who is so righteous, you sure as hell not giving your business a good name

Judging by the comments on this board, you're the one carrying a chip on his shoulder.

And buddy, I'll tell you this much: 50% of what happens after something goes wrong is up to YOU.

I've worked customer service before, and anybody that came at me with the kind of attitude you've displayed here got jack squat. Why? I don't reward bad behavior.

I'd like to know how you approached the dealership about the scratch on your bumper. I'd like to know if you demanded to have the bumper resprayed, if you tried to tell them how to fix it, and if you spiced up your end of the conversation with a few swears just to get the point across. I'd like to know if you dredged up every past wrong done to you at that dealership (or by Ford dealerships in general). I'd like to know if you treated the person you were talking to as if he was the person that scratched up the bumper and (furthermore) that he did it just to piss you off. I'd like to know if you threatened to tell everyone you knew about the dealership and what happened to you there.

'Cause if you did that to me, I'd give you a big steaming pile of "get lost."

Making payments on a $30k car doesn't make you a saint. Building cars for a living doesn't either.

Edited by RichardJensen

We've sold 2 Taurus and a Sable. They don't lease great so mostly a payment issue right now. But they are beautiful cars. Just got a Taurus X yesterday. Very very sharp. Hopefully all of these cars will help stop the bleeding until Ford gets more new product on the ground.

Whats the deal with the leasing on them?

Judging by the comments on this board, you're the one carrying a chip on his shoulder.

And buddy, I'll tell you this much: 50% of what happens after something goes wrong is up to YOU.

I've worked customer service before, and anybody that came at me with the kind of attitude you've displayed here got jack squat. Why? I don't reward bad behavior.

I'd like to know how you approached the dealership about the scratch on your bumper. I'd like to know if you demanded to have the bumper resprayed, if you tried to tell them how to fix it, and if you spiced up your end of the conversation with a few swears just to get the point across. I'd like to know if you dredged up every past wrong done to you at that dealership (or by Ford dealerships in general). I'd like to know if you treated the person you were talking to as if he was the person that scratched up the bumper and (furthermore) that he did it just to piss you off. I'd like to know if you threatened to tell everyone you knew about the dealership and what happened to you there.

'Cause if you did that to me, I'd give you a big steaming pile of "get lost."

Making payments on a $30k car doesn't make you a saint. Building cars for a living doesn't either.

i havent said a word to the dealership about the scratch thank-you! and if you took your car into the dealership for a front end chatter, and they never looked at the car. then you take the car to another dealership and they immediately find the problem, YOU just might be a little upset, espeacialy when you are driving your kids around in an unsafe vehicle. i didnt complain once to the dealer, damn well knowing ther is a customer hotline! i have a little class. number two were does it say that i have threatened anyone? i set up an appointment to get my car fixed, took the car in, and picked the car up, as a matter of fact when i picked the car up, the service dept. had already went home for the weekend. YOU are exactly the type of service man i am talking about! i never claimed to be a saint, but a hard worker, paying alot of money for a car. i guess that makes me a bad person aye! oh yeah, szott ford service dept. couldnt have agreed with me more.

Edited by el norte

Not much of a deal quite yet. There are no super discounts on these cars. It's cheaper to lease a $37k Edge than a $33k Taurus.

i visited your web site, and admit, it looks like a nice dealership. i hope you are the future face for ford. of my experience with service dept.s it hasnt been pleasant, and no i do not yell or bitch about my service to them. i have a mustang, and i guess i treat it a little differently than say my old taurus. when i take my car in for service, i would like the car to be serviced correctly, espeacialy when it concerns safety. i am a very reasonable person, and i know nothing in this world is perfect. to you, doug, i apoligize, because i have never visited youre dealership, and have nothing to complain about, but i think you would have been pretty upset if you were in my shoes.

Hey Tommy its time to get off the computer and do your homework. You won't make it to 8th grade if you don't study hard. Leave the car talk to the grown ups.

Honestly we've seen no official bulletins or emails or ANYTHING from Toyota about this. Maybe they took care of the problem. I dont know and really I dont care. As long as I keep getting paid well to fix them(better than I ever did at Ford) Ill keep doing it. And Ive seen news stories about import quality slipping, more recalls, etc. So it is out there. You guys would rather put Ford up as the poor martyr of the American auto industry....So keep on. We will see which company comes out in the end. The Big Three will be the Big Two in five years-maybe less.

Honestly we've seen no official bulletins or emails or ANYTHING from Toyota about this. Maybe they took care of the problem. I dont know and really I dont care. As long as I keep getting paid well to fix them(better than I ever did at Ford) Ill keep doing it. And Ive seen news stories about import quality slipping, more recalls, etc. So it is out there. You guys would rather put Ford up as the poor martyr of the American auto industry....So keep on. We will see which company comes out in the end. The Big Three will be the Big Two in five years-maybe less.

Sorry Tommy but your loyalty is obviously based solely on you wallet and resentment...here we are all passionate stubborn and broke...LOL!

Edited by Deanh