Ford's quality improvements aren't working

Link

Five of the company's vehicles, including the Edge and MKX, have been designated a ``top safety pick'' by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, an Arlington, Virginia, trade group. That's the most ever for Ford, spokesman Dan Jarvis said. The accolades have not drawn enough customers to make up for those abandoning Ford's pickup trucks and sport-utility vehicles.

:reading:

Link

:finger:

According to Ford's quarterly earnings statement, they actually INCREASED market share in the 2nd quarter:

"It also reported that its U.S. market share rose to 15.6 percent for the quarter from 15.1 percent in the first quarter. The share had been dropping."

You really need to try harder.

Link

It's wrongboy again! Queen of the negatards, liar, and representative of internet filth!

Another article a bit behind the facts, O incredibly challenged one! Are you posting all this obvious disinformation on purpose, or just giving us a glimpse into your "born to be wrong" existence?

You're too stupid for the internet. Cancel the subscription, hock the 'puter, and just annoy people in your neighborhood for a change.

"Well, the Edge isn't offsetting the losses/lost custumers, can't deny that, and Mulally already warned people to expect substantial losses in the next two quarters, so can't discredit their points there either, so, emm... uhh... LALALALALA SHOOT THE MESSENGER GUYS!" :hysterical:

It's actually a positive piece you tools, but it raises an interesting point, all these improvements in quality and all those awards aren't doing shit to make people interested in Ford. In other words, we're back to "IT'S THE PRODUCTS, STUPID", and this vindicates once again a lot of folks. therefore the typical reaction is to be expected. DENIAL.

If you look around the net it would seem people are more aware of Hyundai's gains, than Ford's, but of course it's easier to play the LALALALA song once again because it says something unrosy about Ford, and their results from their mediocre products & choices in NA. Ford is losing way more than it is gaining.

Edited by pcsario

"Well, the Edge isn't offsetting the losses, can't deny that, and Mulally already warned people to expect substantial losses in the next two quarters, so can't discredit their points there either, so, emm... uhh... LALALALALA SHOOT THE MESSENGER GUYS!" :hysterical:

We KNEW substantial losses would be coming throughout 2007 as far back as 2005. I fail to see how any of this is news.

Are you touching yourself while you post these messages?

"Well, the Edge isn't offsetting the losses, can't deny that, and Mulally already warned people to expect substantial losses in the next two quarters, so can't discredit their points there either, so, emm... uhh... LALALALALA SHOOT THE MESSENGER GUYS!" :hysterical:

Remember everyone, this is the same person who said that "thetruthaboutcars" was unbiased. I rest my case.

Any reason why he hasnt been banned yet? I've seen one useful post from PC in the past 3 months, and all his activety does here is stir up a hornets nest...didn't we ban the other jackass for doing the same thing?

PC just likes being a self righteous asshole

LOL... the intolerant mob strikes again.

Please go ahead and do a simple search for "IDIOT", "ASSHOLE", "MORON", etc. and do come back to tell me WHO should be banned, because sure as hell I should be near the bottom of the list, unless you want to argue that making personal attacks isn't a far greater offense than making grounded & reasoned criticisms.

Bloomberg wrote the piece, BLOOMBERG. Not every article about Ford is a box of chocolates. Can't stand it? Too bad. Call the Wahmbulance or write them an email instead of acting like a whinning kid running to mommy.

I'm just keeping things real and balanced.

Either fucking prove the author's main points wrong or STFU, because sure as hell your whinning and denial looks pathetic to the vast majority of the car buying public.

Edited by pcsario

Bloomberg wrote the piece. Not every article about Ford is a box of chocolates. Can't stand it? Too bad. Call the Wahmbulance or write them an email instead of acting like a whinning kid running to mommy.

Seems you ignore every thread that has something positive about Ford in it. Either that or you just post something negative in it instead to detract from the good news.

Not everything about Ford is a steaming pile of dung either. Door swings both ways.

grounded & reasoned criticisms.

Grounded?

You haven't been grounded since your mom caught you looking at the Girls Gone Wild website.

Reasoned?

No one that types the words "Cheerleader orgy" has a right to call himself 'reasoned.'

People are so mean to you, and I bet you have no idea why.

Oh well. I think there are some new pictures of Paris Hilton up on 'hollywoodgirlsgonebad.com'

You can log in to their forum, and post your messages about how Paris really isn't a tramp, just misunderstood.

Please go ahead and do a simple search for "IDIOT", "ASSHOLE", "MORON", etc. and do come back to tell me WHO should be banned, because sure as hell I should be near the bottom of the list, unless you want to argue that making personal attacks isn't a far greater offense than making grounded & reasoned criticisms.

Bloomberg wrote the piece. Not every article about Ford is a box of chocolates. Can't stand it? Too bad. Call the Wahmbulance or write them an email instead of acting like a whinning kid running to mommy. I'm just keeping things real and balanced. Try addressing the article instead of covering your ears and fingers or throwing stones around.

All of the above would makes sense if you were making grounded and reasoned criticisms....the last part was just so intelligent....

Bloomberg wrote the piece, BLOOMBERG. Not every article about Ford is a box of chocolates. Can't stand it? Too bad. Call the Wahmbulance or write them an email instead of acting like a whinning kid running to mommy.

I'm just keeping things real and balanced.

Either fucking prove the author's main points wrong or STFU, because sure as hell your whinning and denial looks pathetic to the vast majority of the car buying public.

The author's main point was that the drop-off in sales of trucks and SUVs has not been offset by an increase in car sales. This is false or mostly false. Car sales along with CUV sales have offset the drop. The only reason it looks otherwise is due to the fact that Ford is not dumping 20-25K Tauruses into rental fleets this year. For an accurate comparison one would be wise to subtract last year's Taurus numbers and then compare to this years figures. One would find that Ford is down year to date in the lower single digits in an overall market that is also down in the lower single digits. Since in the grand scheme of things what counts is what you sell to real customers at the retail level, so Ford is definitely looking better than what this article implies. This argument is a precise example as to why Ford increased retail market share in June even though their sales based on equivalent selling days were off 11%. Other than the negative slant about not replacing sales this article did a good job of promoting all the good things about Ford these days by mentioning that Ford is rising to the top in both quaility and safety.

I know what you are thinking, but they replaced the Taurus fleet sales with the Fusion and Focus. This is fact only in your mind and a few others like you. The latest data from fleet-central shows Ford is selling fewer cars to the rental fleets than any domestic. Honda is the best, of course, with Toyota in a distant second in this regard but Ford is already in the top five and moving up when compared to non-luxury brands. With the new Focus retail share will only increase with much higher transaction prices due to the extra amenities offered such the Sync system. Things are looking up and articles that have such a negative slant towards Ford will be less common within a year and you will have look harder to find topics to get a rise out of these guys. You are going to have to accept the fact that Ford is on the right track. To gain credibility amongst your BON peers perhaps you should post some the positive articles that you come accross so that you really can be real and balanced. After today's earnings surprise it should be a little easier to find such articles.

Edited by jobu37