Midsize CUV Sales July 2007

The Taurus X shows up for the first month. In my opinion still the best car Ford makes. Here's to hoping the Taurus does well despite its name.

Model - July 2007 --- July 2006

Edge - 9,096 --- 0/new

Taurus X - 858 --- 0/new

Freestyle - 1,847 --- 5,580

CX-7 - 3,868 --- 2,129

CX-9 - 2,158 --- 0/new

Rendezvous - 481 --- 3,222

Enclave - 3,041 --- 0/new

Acadia - 5,694 --- 0/new

Outlook - 3,345 --- 0/new

Highlander - 8,858 --- 11,999

Pacifica - 3,100 --- 4,759

Murano - 5,793 --- 6,603

Pilot - 13,136 --- 19,490

Santa Fe - 7,567 --- 8,027

Veracruz - 1,749 --- 0/new

XL7 - 1,743 --- 241

Tribecca - 1,680 --- unknown (but 2007 is up 4% YOY)

In order: 1. Pilot, 2. Edge, 3. Highlander, 4. Santa Fe, 5. Murano, 6. Acadia, 7. CX-7, 8. Outlook, 9. Pacifica, & 10. Enclave.

Note: For the total year, the Pilot is still leading sales, followed by the Highlander, and then the Edge.

Scott

The Edge beated the Highlander, you might want to edit the last sentence.

This is BS, How the hell can Honda NOT lose any sale in all of this.

The last sentence of my post references total sales for all of 2007 YTD (Year-to-date). For 2007 YTD the Highlander is outselling the Edge, but the Edge is closing the gap.

As to the Pilot, sales are DOWN roughly 30% for the month and more than 10% for the year.

Scott

Should be interesting how Ford plays all of its SUV's and CUV's in the Future:

Escape: truck-looking CUV

Edge: Sporty CUV

Taurus X: I'm a CUV, but I'm really a station wagon, not in name though

Flex: I'm the car version of the Expedition with towing captibitly of an Explorer and I'm cooler then a Minivan

Explorer: I used to be a SUV, but now I'm CUV that looks like an SUV ;) Maybe it will be the Truck-like version of the Flex, a bit cheaper but is more like a SUV and "tough" looking

Expedition: I'm still a real truck, just because I share my frame with the best selling Ford Product on the planet...

Edited by silvrsvt

Flex: I'm the car version of the Expedition with towing captibitly of an Explorer and I'm cooler then a Minivan

Explorer: I used to be a SUV, but now I'm CUV that looks like an SUV ;) Maybe it will be the Truck-like version of the Flex, a bit cheaper but is more like a SUV and "tough" looking

Expedition: I'm still a real truck, just because I share my frame with the best selling Ford Product on the planet...

I'm amused by the little "quotes" :lol2:

You give them great personalities

Ironic the Explorer is still within spitting distance of the #1 CUV. I suspect with the on-road Explorer debuts, it will become #1 again pretty quickly.

It's already an on-road Explorer. Anyone who thinks otherwise is rather delusional. The Explorer is faltering for one reason: It's ugly. Fix that ugly shnozz and watch sales climb again.

It's already an on-road Explorer. Anyone who thinks otherwise is rather delusional. The Explorer is faltering for one reason: It's ugly. Fix that ugly shnozz and watch sales climb again.

don't think the 16 MPG avg it gets doesn't have anything to do with it?