Chrysler Pentastar logo returns

NickF1011

They could do a small corporate logo on the fender or something similar to how GM has begun placing it on all their models, however that really isn't all that necessary. I'd definitely say "NO" to moving it back to being used on the Chrysler brand automobiles and keep it solely as the corporate logo.

Actually, the best looking Chrysler to wear the Pentastar was this one. I had a coupe as my first car. It had a 2.2L Turbo in it. The convertible was even hotter. For a period of time, it was even beating the Mustang in sales.

1987_Chrysler_LeBaron_Coupe_W.jpg

Edited by Traveler

They could do a small corporate logo on the fender or something similar to how GM has begun placing it on all their models, however that really isn't all that necessary. I'd definitely say "NO" to moving it back to being used on the Chrysler brand automobiles and keep it solely as the corporate logo.

I believe GM has decided to get rid of the corporate logo on their vehicles in 2008. I thought it was kind of pointless anyway.

Isn't the seal the real Chrysler badge? Didn't it come before the Pentastar?

The Seal was the original Chrysler badge from the 1920s. The Pentastar dates bach to the 1950's when the five points stood for Chrysler, Imperial, Dodge, DeSoto and Plymouth. I guess a 3 pointed star would be more appropriate with just Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep. Of course, no one in Auburn Hills wants to think about 3 pointed stars... just 3 headed dogs.

Edited by Mark B. Morrow

Every time I see the Pentastar I just revert back to the 70's when Chrysler was building absolute CRAP.

I don't think it is a good move. Granted, it's better than Mercury's pathetic emblem but still, at least for me, it has major negative connotations.

I really like the seal with wings. Another old logo they might like to consider is the old "Forward Look" emblem.

Every time I see the Pentastar I just revert back to the 70's when Chrysler was building absolute CRAP.

I don't think it is a good move. Granted, it's better than Mercury's pathetic emblem but still, at least for me, it has major negative connotations.

I really like the seal with wings. Another old logo they might like to consider is the old "Forward Look" emblem.

I agree, it looks like shit and reminds me of K-cars and Dodge Aspens..Yuck..

I think it looks far worse than Mercury's logo, Mercury's logo looks boring and bland, but it doesn't bring up images of K-cars!

I believe GM has decided to get rid of the corporate logo on their vehicles in 2008. I thought it was kind of pointless anyway.

I think it was a stupid idea also. I also think it takes away from the looks of some (if not all) cars, like Corvette, to have a stupid tiny little chromed GM box tacked on in the middle of the body paneling. Most people probably don't even notice it though.

Blah. No. Bad. Make the Pentastar go away!

Soooo not moving forward.

I agree. I thought the 'redesign' was supposed to 'bring it into the 21st century'/bring it up to date. I didn't know that filling in the gaps and making it brushed aluminum made it modern. I dont think it looks good at all IMO.

I like this one anyways though...

post-28332-1186696511_thumb.jpg

The Pentastar is from 1962, and was used to boost the company in one of their many 'downturns'. DeSoto had just died, and the 1962 'smaller' Furys and Polaras were sales flops. [not counting drag races]

To me it harks to the muscle car era and nice highway cruisers of then. It was a subtle trademark. But then Lee I put it on all their cars, and yeah to a 28 y/o it's "80's".

But, I think it's the best logo to show the company is yeat again, "'new".

IIRC, from old Bob Hope show ads, 5 sides were Chrysler, Imperial, Dodge, Dodge Truck, and Plymouth. [yes Dodge Truck was considered a division then]

Edited by 630land

I agree. I thought the 'redesign' was supposed to 'bring it into the 21st century'/bring it up to date. I didn't know that filling in the gaps and making it brushed aluminum made it modern. I dont think it looks good at all IMO.

I like this one anyways though...

Isn't the Ford Oval one of the most recognized trademarks in the world? Anyhow I am 31 years old and when I see a pentastar I think of a K-car or an 80's minivan that is blowing blue smoke.