Lincoln introduces MK Z

robertlane

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK just read some of the specs and if they put all this in a Fusion SVT with black leather grey stitch interior and a standard transmision I WILL BUY IT. DID YOU HEAR ME FORD I WILL BUY IT. NO "A" PLAN NO DISCOUNT I STILL WILL BUY IT. :D

Would u buy it if it was called the Fusion ST instead? :P

Well doesnt look like we'll get an SVT product anytime soon and the ST name looks like it will be the "performance" tuned model, just like the Focus.

Fine with me, whats in a name anyway. If it gets the all wheel drive, stiffer suspension, all black in and out, shiny chrome grill and rims, soft leather grey stitch, standard, and tuned to 300hp I'm in like a 15 year old boy at a whore house.

I've been sayin how Ford needs something like the Lexus is350 well this would be more and with a blue oval on it it would be too much for the nieghbors.

OH OH please Ford put in a steering wheel shifter OOOOOOOOOOO that would be good.

I've stated before that if the Fusion ST is what it's rumored to be (270 hp, manual trans, awd), I'm buying one within its first two model years. I figure that'll outrun my T-Bird SC, so I won't be missing my beast much when I trade it.

Could they bump that to 300hp and could the awd system take it?

I guess this beats 'showing' the next MKZ and having to wait two years for it. People right now are still waiting for the 'next' 500. If you can change for the better, do it ASAP. Keeps competitors on thier toes, just as they feel 'comfortable' what the competition is doing and BAM, new version.. :D

I haven't read the press release yet, but it looks to have just about all the technology I want in my next car.

I think I actually prefer the grille from the Zephyr, it was a bit sleeker.

Now you see how quickly it is for them to be able to pull out minor cosmetic updates. Perhaps this one was a little hasty, but it's possible ;)

I'm not sure why they were in such a hurry to change the name, but I have to applaud the quick action.

I'm still hoping that the MKZ will get an interior update before I'm in the market.

If they are able to keep the price range where it's at with the AWD and new engine, then the Z will represent a more competitive value than it is right now.

Guys am I missing something... Am going a comparision to the current Zepher and we aren't talking about much in the way of changes.

1) Foglights have an crome surrounds making them more prominate

2) Crease put in the middle of the front plastic bumper cover

3) Crome covers on the mirrors

So we're talking about a few plastic pieces... Any company could do this in the model changeover, heck even twice a year without much of a fuss. Don't get me wrong... I love the technical improvements, and these little styling improvements are welcomed. But we're talking about a "haircut" not even "hair color change" let alone "nosejob".

Guys am I missing something... Am going a comparision to the current Zepher and we aren't talking about much in the way of changes.

1) Foglights have an crome surrounds making them more prominate

2) Crease put in the middle of the front plastic bumper cover

3) Crome covers on the mirrors

So we're talking about a few plastic pieces... Any company could do this in the model changeover, heck even twice a year without much of a fuss. Don't get me wrong... I love the technical improvements, and these little styling improvements are welcomed. But we're talking about a "haircut" not even "hair color change" let alone "nosejob".

No. 1 is correct, nos. 2 and 3 are on the current body style.

New grill (looks chunkier and less appealing to me, esp. the lincoln star area), new lower air dam, and the mentioned changed fog-lights.

Honestly, what would have been the right time for Ford to change the name? It is easy to say that it was a bad move but what about the reasons FOR Ford to make the change now. Why continue to brand a product that you know is slated for a name change. I would rather lose 1 year of branding the Zephyr name than 2 or 3. In the overall life of this product noone will care about the Zephyr name change (Except people that bought an '06).

Also, I have been hearing alot of talk about confusion already with the names and etc., etc. I may not be the quickest person when it comes to marketing but isn't that the point! Acura changed their names to alphanumeric because strong products like the Legend were eclipsing the brand. Lincoln is primarily trying to promote Lincoln and not the mkx or mkz. Let's be honest, in this segment people tend to be more concerned about the brand. I don't know the name of all the Mercedes cars but I damn sure know a Benz when I see one. Oh, and when someone says they have an Aston Martin do you realy care what the name of the model they own is?

I know my examples are ambitious for Lincoln at this point in time <_< BUT you have to market yourself for where you want to be and not where you're at!

The Zephyr has sold well, but it still has the same motor as the Fusion. Renaming the car now with the advent of the 3.5 makes sense to lend emphasis to the "real" Lincoln entry level sedan. Whatever you call it, the car looks gorgeous - I've seen a few on the road, and they stand out, with real presence.

But Zephyr's still a better name than that "import-sounding" alphanumeric.

The 'kindergarten' alpha-numeric names date back to the invention of the automobile.

Anyone ever hear of an M-100 Mercury Pickup??? LOL :ph34r:

Also, am I correct in assuming the name "MK Z" is actually pronounced "Mark Zee" and not pronounced by verbally spelling the letters? Just wanted to make sure.

Now if they can only come up with a bigger CD3 platform to replace the panthers!!! OOOH YEAH!!!