2009 Dodge Journey

mkizlvr

Besides the fact they have two "SUV-like" silhouettes and they are the same color, they really share little resemblance. My neighbor has a Q7 and I can't agree they look anything like each other based on two side shots.

Well they look very simliar to me. Almost the same greenhouse, roofline, similar fender buldges. I obviously havent seen this Journey, but from these pictures, they look almost the same IMO.

Edited by rmc523

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bland front end and tame overall design compared to others in the crossover category.

Taking the front of the Avenger and putting it on this does not work.

Their sedans are so aggressive too so this becomes a black sheep.

EDIT: Indeed, this Journey looks more like Foreigner -- something out of China. I mean it looks cheaper than even Mitsubishi's recent offerings, and Mitsubishi is sort of bottom of the barrel in the U.S. market I would say.

Edited by Roadrunner

Whomever was chief designer for the Chrysler Group, not only needs fired but should be taken out back and shot. The interior shots make my eyes bleed and screams CHEAP!

And yes I understand for a common design them umongst a brands lineup, but why does it have to be translated to the tailamps? The overall shape reminds me of the Mitsubshi Outlander.

Edited by Michael Reynolds

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/08/26/2009-do...t-in-frankfurt/

the side windows look very similiar to the windows of the edge and the front is aggressive and swept back like the edges also but it has good storage compartments throughout the cabin

i dont think it will do too much to the edges sales though

it is absed off a stretched avenger platform and im guessing it competes with the edge and taurus x

tell me what you guys think of it

ab_2009-dodge-journey-11.jpg

Is it me, or is that the wrong spot for the radio? It seems way too low on the center stack. This will lead to taking your eyes off the road to look down to change the station. Should have had it on the highest part of the dash, as its the most used item in an interior.

Edited by 05fordgt

Do you recall the movie "TWINS"? Remember that 10 guys made a contribution to fertilize a "carrier" to see if they could all make a positive end product? Danny DeVito and Gov. Arny. Well, that's what you have here. It is unoffensive and yet it tries to look like everything else out there. Toyota, Ford, Nissan, Chrysler and many others, all wrought into one thing. Who knows if it would sell or not. It's nuts that they still try new designs like this when they refuse to improve and/or update their number 2 selling vehicle, the PTCruiser. I know that is unrealted to this model, but it shows they company's lack of direction. Just keep throwing up new designs to see which might fly and forget about developing the success you already have.

Yeah, you're right, fuck it let's not pay attention to detail. Let's just leave it up to Toyota and Honda and Dodge and like that. I mean heck, these customers should just take the "it's good enough" mentality like we do right?

I think plenty of attention went to detail in the Flex. It's not like Ford is moving backwards in any regard. Each new model is looking better and better. Better materials. Better fit and finish. Better features. The future is bright IF Ford can maintain enough liquidity to keep up the development curve they are starting to implement.

Is it me, or is that the wrong spot for the radio? It seems way too low on the center stack. This will lead to taking your eyes off the road to look down to change the station. Should have had it on the highest part of the dash, as its the most used item in an interior.

Plus it's a BRICK!!!!! :runaway:

You know what's an even better idea?

An armrest refrigerator that doesn't need to be packed with ice.

http://media.ford.com/products/presskit_di...&make_id=92

But I thought Ford should be COPYING Dodge when it comes to details!!!?? :hysterical:

The Flex has it all over this thing. About the only really innovative thing I see is the storage under the seat bottoms....but I'm not sure how useful that would really be when you need to access something while the car is actually moving.

My goodness what cheap plastics those look like :-o

No shit. I can't believe how horrible Chrysler's interiors are these days. The designs themselves don't look that bad, but ALL of the plastics look like they were stripped from an Igloo cooler. I swear, they look even cheaper than their interiors did in the 90's. Ford's aren't the best by far, but wow, they are leaps and bounds better than this crap.

LOL...the unattached attachment strikes again!! Somebody fix this crap already!! :rant:

post-11790-1116094581_thumb.jpg

Edited by NickF1011

No shit. I can't believe how horrible Chrysler's interiors are these days. The designs themselves don't look that bad, but ALL of the plastics look like they were stripped from an Igloo cooler. I swear, they look even cheaper than their interiors did in the 90's. Ford's aren't the best by far, but wow, they are leaps and bounds better than this crap.

LOL...the unattached attachment strikes again!! Somebody fix this crap already!! :rant:

It's funny how bad they've gotten in the last couple of years, considering our Magnum has an abundance of soft touch plastic.

Edited by suv_guy_19

Example. Look at the last of the Dodge Neons and compare it to the Caliber.

The interiors are such a turnoff these days, that it deters potential customers. I was all gun hoe to get my hands on a Grand Cherokee SRT8......until I sat in one. This might seem like an overstatement but Chrysler has some of THE worst interiors in the industry.

I believe the Sebrings interior was the most disappointing for me. I'm not sure if it's because their grey looks sort of, dull, or that the styling has such creases and edges which just come off as being cold, but I've been disappointed by most of their interiors.

I believe the Sebrings interior was the most disappointing for me. I'm not sure if it's because their grey looks sort of, dull, or that the styling has such creases and edges which just come off as being cold, but I've been disappointed by most of their interiors.

I just don't see any reason why anyone would buy this vehicle over some of the much better crossovers on the market, including the GM triplets. Of course, I find the Taurus X to be entirely outclassed as well, but that has more to do with being a station wagon trying to pretend to be a "crossover". This vehicle is so late to the party, yet does nothing new and is visually very bland. I think ChryCo has lost it's mojo (not that it was ever that great anyways).