The JT

BlackHorse

They are going to release it as a 2009 model, or so the scuttlebutt has it. Aside from the color I like it.

jeepjt-on-hill.jpg

jeep_jt_concept.jpg

pcsario will be along shortly to tell us these pictures aren't accurate. lol

I posted some spy shots of the JT on here a while back, nobody responded to it though.

Well what do you think about the JT rmc?

I think it has potential -- A capable offroader (I'd expect at least, being a Jeep) that can haul some gear. Obviously not everybody thinks the compact pickup market is going away -- with Jeep (and eventually Hummer -- or so rumored) entering the market. Who knows, they may even develop a 4-door model? I think it could take some Ranger sales away (whats left of them at least). I know this is beating a dead horse, but we could use the Thai Ranger NOW to not only compete w/ these new entries, but to bring people into the Ford brand with a capable, reliable compact truck which will bring those customers back to eventually upgrade to a larger Ford truck or even another Ford vehicle.

Jeep seems to be on a roll w/ their Wrangler based vehicles lately -- I see tons of 4-door Wranglers. I'll reserve judgment until I see it, but as I said, it has the potential to do well for Jeep IMO.

Also, as you said, I don't like the color, but I can understand why they chose it.

I think it has potential -- A capable offroader (I'd expect at least, being a Jeep) that can haul some gear. Obviously not everybody thinks the compact pickup market is going away -- with Jeep (and eventually Hummer -- or so rumored) entering the market. Who knows, they may even develop a 4-door model? I think it could take some Ranger sales away (whats left of them at least). I know this is beating a dead horse, but we could use the Thai Ranger NOW to not only compete w/ these new entries, but to bring people into the Ford brand with a capable, reliable compact truck which will bring those customers back to eventually upgrade to a larger Ford truck or even another Ford vehicle.

Jeep seems to be on a roll w/ their Wrangler based vehicles lately -- I see tons of 4-door Wranglers. I'll reserve judgment until I see it, but as I said, it has the potential to do well for Jeep IMO.

Also, as you said, I don't like the color, but I can understand why they chose it.

I tend to agree with all of that. I think it will do well. I wish Ford had something comparable.

Did you know they call that paint color hearing aid beige? True story. Why do you think they chose that color?

I tend to agree with all of that. I think it will do well. I wish Ford had something comparable.

Did you know they call that paint color hearing aid beige? True story. Why do you think they chose that color?

That's an odd name for a color (It makes sense now that I think about it -- hearing aides are that color)

I think they chose that color to look back towards the original war jeeps --but giving it a modern war (desert) color?? maybe thats my guess.

While I think its cool from an auto enthusiast's point of view, I think that they would do better in the market by basing the JT platform off of the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited's extended wheelbase (unless this excessively short thing IS based off that platform). Two versions, the regular cab model that we see here, and a 4 door version with a bed with a touch more overhang to make it of useful size with a flip down bed extender.

Having a bed that miniscule, I can't see it selling well outside of the jeep faithful. And, don't worry about the crew cab version cutting into Dakota 4X4 sales. No one considering this thing would even think of a Dakota 4X4.

That IS based on the new 4 door wrangler. Jeep would have a HIT if they make the "JT" as a 2 door LWB with minimal interior like the mule, but with a full hard top AND a rear seat. I don't want a 4 door wrangler, but the shorty is too short for me to carry anything in... Jeep also needs to address the rear seat access on the 2 doors to really start selling them well.

I must admit, I like the 4 door wrangler as well, though they tend to be pretty expensive. The entry level version is about 22 grand and with that you only get 2WD. Yuk! If you bump it up to 4WD you're going to be over 24 pretty quickly.

I like it also, but what's with all the 2wd Jeeps. Whats the point.

I must admit, I like the 4 door wrangler as well, though they tend to be pretty expensive. The entry level version is about 22 grand and with that you only get 2WD. Yuk! If you bump it up to 4WD you're going to be over 24 pretty quickly.

I think all JEEP Wranglers are 4WD, never heard of a 2WD Wrangler.

I think all JEEP Wranglers are 4WD, never heard of a 2WD Wrangler.

Yeah, they've started offering 2WD only Wranglers if you want. I know, why bother right? But it's an option. I've only seen it on the Wrangler Unlimited but I think it's also on the 2 door version as well. Not sure on that, but I know for sure you can get the Wrangler Unlimited in 2WD. :shrug:

Is that an SUV?

Oh that was a shot at me! I almost missed it. lol Uh, in the case of the JT I don't think you can call it an SUV. In the case of the regular Wrangler, yes 02Mustang you are 100% right, it's an SUV.

Which begs the question of what they will categorize the JT under, pickup or SUV?

Another Butt ugly thing that Chrsler shouldn't be allowed to be built. After the 300 they have introduced nothing except ugly cars.

Looks like a diamond in the ruff to me. Put a nice set of rims on their, the soft top over the cab, paint it either black or jeep green and I think it would look damned cool. Heck I wouldn't even mind the hard top with the removable T's.

Oh that was a shot at me! I almost missed it. lol Uh, in the case of the JT I don't think you can call it an SUV. In the case of the regular Wrangler, yes 02Mustang you are 100% right, it's an SUV.

Which begs the question of what they will categorize the JT under, pickup or SUV?

HAHA, I was wondering if you were going to catch that BH, I figured you would, you don't miss a thing. I'm not sure on this, maybe they'll categorize it as a Sport Utility Truck, similar to the SportTrac or Hummer H2 SUT? Just guessing, I do like the idea of this JT thing though, just not sure how well it would sell.

HAHA, I was wondering if you were going to catch that BH, I figured you would, you don't miss a thing. I'm not sure on this, maybe they'll categorize it as a Sport Utility Truck, similar to the SportTrac or Hummer H2 SUT? Just guessing, I do like the idea of this JT thing though, just not sure how well it would sell.

It's a niche vehicle to be sure, even more so then the Wrangler already is a niche vehicle. As configured you can carry 2 people, that's it. The bed obviously won't carry much and so is more suited to camping gear than a load of 2 x 4's. Family guys won't even consider this one unless they have money to play with and just want a toy and this happens to strike their fancy more so then a regular Wrangler does. I can see it as a limited production vehicle, but I don't expect it will set the offroad world ablaze.

PS, I almost forgot, when I'm wrong about something, I say I'm wrong. Otherwise what kind of man am I?

Edited by BlackHorse