For what you want in a car, and a company

I think Traveler summed up my thoughts...

"For a car, I want RWD, too. For a company...I want a industry leader; not a follower."

And to add to that (rant on)...Give me a god damn freaken car that I WANT, I don't care what your social goals are, if your hiring children in 3rd world countries, or burning fossil fuels like a crack whore on the mend, or growing trees on your factories roofs...just DO IT! Give me the car that I WANT...Not "good enough", but aim for the freaken best. I'm on my 3rd LS, because you just can't SEEM to build a luxury RWD coupe, so it's the closest I've gotten and with no obvious hopes of getting anything else (possible Jag XF- but not with the yestur-generation drivetrains) in the foreseeable future. I want a company that has balls to create best in segment products!

Ok I feel much better now :) Thanks...

If you click on the item it take you into the Ford Volunteer Corps who have projects like save the Mustang.

I would like to see all Fords leading the way with at least one model that has the best MPG in every class it sells into. Something RWD in Europe, maybe a sports coupe like the Mustang.

Use more composite materials like they use in the 787 dreamliner. British Airways had it arms twisted to buy only Airbus by the British Goverment but Dreamliner is so bloody good the government had to back down on its threat of stopping expansion at Heathrow Airport if BA bought Boeing. Lighter cars more MPG better performance, no corrosion making its win win all the way, whats stopping Ford from stealing a lead on the rest?

You can't figure out where the Ford main page is or type in ford.com????

Who posted the link, You know how to pretty your signature up but don't know how to post a link or did you have someone else set up your account? If you keep up your anti union rants than I'll have to boycot the Labbat's blue I have grown to love Can-uck!!!!!

Edited by Furious1Auto

If you click on the item it take you into the Ford Volunteer Corps who have projects like save the Mustang.

I would like to see all Fords leading the way with at least one model that has the best MPG in every class it sells into. Something RWD in Europe, maybe a sports coupe like the Mustang.

Use more composite materials like they use in the 787 dreamliner. British Airways had it arms twisted to buy only Airbus by the British Goverment but Dreamliner is so bloody good the government had to back down on its threat of stopping expansion at Heathrow Airport if BA bought Boeing. Lighter cars more MPG better performance, no corrosion making its win win all the way, whats stopping Ford from stealing a lead on the rest?

I agree!

Who posted the link, You know how to pretty your signature up but don't know how to post a link or did you have someone else set up your account? If you keep up your anti union rants than I'll have to boycot the Labbat's blue I have grown to love Can-uck!!!!!

Ummmm ok...I have posted links before....and I haven't went on any anti union rants. I set up my own account thank you, before you did. You think we don't have unions in Canada.....OK. Boycott whatever you want, its your life.

Ummmm ok...I have posted links before....and I haven't went on any anti union rants. I set up my own account thank you, before you did. You think we don't have unions in Canada.....OK. Boycott whatever you want, its your life.

Dammit now I have to trade in my wife's Edge! :hysterical:

Edited by Furious1Auto

"For what you want in a car and a company" is an awful tagline. I can't even spit it out without thinking about the words several times. While I'm glad Ford is showing off what it does in the community (Take that "all-American" Hyundai!) the phrasing used is tedious at best, confusing at worst.

Use more composite materials like they use in the 787 dreamliner. [...] Lighter cars more MPG better performance, no corrosion making its win win all the way, whats stopping Ford from stealing a lead on the rest?

I wouldn't go overboard in assuming a British government/Airbus order/Heathrow link. BA is getting 787s in 2010, about four years before the A350 will enter service, and the 787s are Rolls-Royce powered. The bigger deal is the A380 order (a HUGE win for Airbus) and the eve bigger deal will be for the next order: A350 vs. 777-300ER vs. 787-10. And with the common engine type between the RR Trent 1000 for the 787 and RR Trent XWB on the A350 I think it's a pretty easy guess where that order will go. Honestly, it wasn't a matter of "if" BA would buy 787s it was a matter of "when."

As to composites in cars: the engineering differences between cars and airplanes will limit the applications composites take in car production for the foreseeable future. However, expect to see more and more composites, just not an "all composite" car, a la 787 or A350.

And that's not to say cars shouldn't lighten up. There's no way a midsize sedan needs to weigh more than 3300 pounds or a large sedan over 3500lbs, yet the LX Chryslers come in dangerously close to 4000lbs and the Saturn Aura runs around 3600lbs. Let alone the porker F-150 or GM's new Lambda CUVs.

Everyone around here thinks that everyone wants RWD...yet Toyota sold 42,658 FWD Camrys last month. Looks like the majority of the buying public wants FWD sedans.

Best selling vehicle on four wheels in the world is a RWD and it a classic Ford F-150, the best selling sports car in the world is RWD and its a classic Ford Mustang, Best selling van in the world is the Classic RWD Transit, the best selling sports car in Europe used to be a classic RWD Ford Capri coupe, Ford no longer produce a sports car for Europe, hero to zero sports car sales. Ford are losing out and being let down by poor FWD Ford car sales in the Camry market.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/712471/bmw_s...drive/?logout=1

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Best selling vehicle on four wheels in the world is a RWD and it a classic Ford F-150, the best selling sports car in the world is RWD and its a classic Ford Mustang, Best selling van in the world is the Classic RWD Transit, the best selling sports car in Europe used to be a classic RWD Ford Capri coupe, Ford no longer produce a sports car for Europe, hero to zero sports car sales. Ford are losing out and being let down by poor FWD Ford car sales in the Camry market.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/712471/bmw_s...drive/?logout=1

Not only that for those looking for performance, the absence of RWD limits your choices of cars with a optional V-8!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Everyone around here thinks that everyone wants RWD...yet Toyota sold 42,658 FWD Camrys last month. Looks like the majority of the buying public wants FWD sedans.

It's a question of choice, not either/or.

I agree that mid sized sedans and smaller should be FWD but I do beleive there's room

for a line of RWD vehicles for Mustang/Falcon/Fairlane - especially when these are or can

be sold in other countries and the development costs are nearly paid for anyway.

RWD

I'm a Ford shareholder as well as owner / car buyer. I also work in the software industry, so I'll sum it up in my terms. RWD is a "nice to have" feature. but what I want is a healthy company that makes money. aside from the Mustang and Ford Trucks, I could really give a shit about RWD. AWD? yeah now you're talking. there's an option people might want, and therefore can order if that meets their needs.

sure if Ford wants to continue to have a platform to build police cars, have at it. if not, who really cares