New Lincoln Models

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Thunderbird was nice?? :hysterical: The Thunderbird didn't deserve its high price. There was nothing luxurious about it. Recent Lincolns don't seem to have a shortage of luxury and quality that the T-Bird terribly lacked.

The $60K price quote was for the Lincoln variant....not the Flex. I can't see a loaded out Lincoln version hitting $60K though...base model probably will start somewhere around $39K or so with pricing topping out around $52K...just my thoughts.

Um, the Thunderbird had the same interior but a little nicer, dash, engine, drivetrain, etc as the LS. :redcard: Probably the nicest car Ford, as a division, has put out in years.

Unless you also think the LS wasn't a nice car.

However, I do agree that $40k for a Ford roadster was too much. $30-$35k max for any Ford Car. Had it been a Lincoln the high price would have been more acceptable.

Edited by 96 Pony

I know, but I would hate to shutdown everyone's signature just because his signature's problem can be fixed by clicking Enter once, maybe twice..

if you have FireFox, download AdBlock and block all his images .. I do with most of the annoying little animations - especially the disgusting ones - after all I am at work - I will not get fired for someone being an ass/

Igor

Um, the Thunderbird had the same interior but a little nicer, dash, engine, drivetrain, etc as the LS. :redcard: Probably the nicest car Ford, as a division, has put out in years.

However, I do agree that $40k for a Ford roadster was too much. $30-$35k max for any Ford Car. Had it been a Lincoln the high price would have been more acceptable.

You're forgetting the $5-$10k markup dealers put on all Thunderbirds until no one wanted them anymore.

I know, but I would hate to shutdown everyone's signature just because his signature's problem can be fixed by clicking Enter once, maybe twice..

My signature doesn't make me scroll to the right on my LCD screen. However since you stated your objection in a polite, peaceable and civilized manner I made the adjustment.

Edited by Watchdevil

The black Tbird with red interior that got you laid is certainly a beauty...

Every once in a while when I see a late model Thunderbird and I will have to say there is something about them that makes me feel something special which is something that I don't feel about most run of the mills cars these days.

Edited by Watchdevil

Honestly, I don't think the LS really was that nice. The interior was downright awful for a luxury car. And while there were certainly similarities, the DEW-98 platform definitely didn't like having its roof cut off. The T-Bird rode and handled like crap. Cowl shake was over-abundant on all road surfaces. At least the LS felt a bit more buckled down when put through its paces.

Honestly, I don't think the LS really was that nice. The interior was downright awful for a luxury car. And while there were certainly similarities, the DEW-98 platform definitely didn't like having its roof cut off. The T-Bird rode and handled like crap. Cowl shake was over-abundant on all road surfaces. At least the LS felt a bit more buckled down when put through its paces.

oh...Nick....it KILLED the Mustang convertible, a side by side was a NO brainer......

My signature doesn't make me scroll to the right on my LCD screen. However since you stated your objection in a polite, peaceable and civilized manner I made the adjustment.

Thanks.

It depends on the resolution you are using, mine's a widescreen 19" inch Philips, but I set my monitor's resolution at 1024X768 pixels. You probably selected a higher resolution which is why it didn't affect you.

oh...Nick....it KILLED the Mustang convertible, a side by side was a NO brainer......

It killed the SN95 Mustang...which used a tarted up 20+ year old chassis. I would say the S197 Mustang hands it its proverbial ass in every measurable driving dynamic...at a FAR lower price tag.

perhaps off the current thread tone, but more along the initial posting...I am DYING to see something pertaining to Lincolns version of the Flex, i remember someone saying it was TOTALLT different and more swoopy...anyone?

Well, there were some engineering sketches awhile back that leaked out that appeared to be the Lincoln version. It did indeed have an entirely different profile and roofline. Should appear sometime next year.

It killed the SN95 Mustang...which used a tarted up 20+ year old chassis. I would say the S197 Mustang hands it its proverbial ass in every measurable driving dynamic...at a FAR lower price tag.

I semi agree with that...two different birds really ( pun intended) Mustang I have never really cosidered a pinnacle of refinement...the T-bird was a pretty nice ride in its day.....just a victim of bad timing and a little over-indulgent on the MSRP.......sans addendums of course...they just made the situation worse....

I semi agree with that...two different birds really ( pun intended) Mustang I have never really cosidered a pinnacle of refinement...the T-bird was a pretty nice ride in its day.....just a victim of bad timing and a little over-indulgent on the MSRP.......sans addendums of course...they just made the situation worse....

Bad timing, bad styling, and a horribly inadequate powertrain.

When the Super Coupe came out in 89, it had 210 HP. IIRC, it got bumped to 230 after a few years. However, it had a huge amount of torque. In 89, it had a 0-60 time of 7.5 seconds, about the same as todays Focus ST.

it had to have torque...to get its FAT ass off the line...........

Well, there were some engineering sketches awhile back that leaked out that appeared to be the Lincoln version. It did indeed have an entirely different profile and roofline. Should appear sometime next year.

Lincoln Edge will have unique sheetmetal from the Ford version.

Edited by Austin