No HMO's No PPO's ----- forced TCN's

Furious1Auto

This should make everyone happy! In the GM's proposal highlights their is a change in the medical for active employee's. It says that people will be forced out of HMO's and PPO's and they will have to take TCN (traditional care network), and will be allowed 5 doctor visits annually at $25 per visit. What it is not saying is that it only applies to those who live outside of Michigan, and that it is 5 visits per household not per person. It also means that after you reach the cap of 5 visits that the full visit price will be charged to the patient or gardian. Anything above 5 visits is yours to pay 100% If your doctor charges $180, or $200 a visit than that is what you will owe per visit above the cap of 5! So if you miss a day of work and your doctor charges $200 for visit and it is your sixth visit it will cost you $250 in wages and the $200 visit fee, equaling a $450 dollar day off if you wish to avoid an AWOL. If you decide to take the AWOL instead on your third one instead of getting 3 days off for discipline it will be a week instead + plus the balance of the shift on which they notified you of your discipline. I don't miss work but if my family gets sick (which normally happens all at once) they could eat up my 5 visits in one fall season, leaving me to lose the said $450 on any day I may be sick! Why are only employee's outside of Michigan being forced out of the HMO's and PPO's and not everybody? I was given this info from a committeeman who is friends with a Pontiac employee who attended the informational meeting to ratify their contract! She said that people where very upset and didn't think that it would be ratified. The more we tear it apart the worse it gets!

Edited by Furious1Auto

This should make everyone happy! In the GM's proposal highlights their is a change in the medical for active employee's. It says that people will be forced out of HMO's and PPO's and they will have to take TCN (traditional care network), and will be allowed 5 doctor visits annually at $25 per visit. What it is not saying is that it only applies to those who live outside of Michigan, and that it is 5 visits per household not per person. It also means that after you reach the cap of 5 visits that the full visit price will be charged to the patient or gardian. Anything above 5 visits is yours to pay 100% If your doctor charges $180, or $200 a visit than that is what you will owe per visit above the cap of 5! So if you miss a day of work and your doctor charges $200 for visit and it is your sixth visit it will cost you $250 in wages and the $200 visit fee, equaling a $450 dollar day off if you wish to avoid an AWOL. If you decide to take the AWOL instead on your third one instead of getting 3 days off for discipline it will be a week instead + plus the balance of the shift on which they notified you of your discipline. I don't miss work but if my family gets sick (which normally happens all at once) they could eat up my 5 visits in one fall season, leaving me to lose the said $450 on any day I may be sick! Why are only employee's outside of Michigan being forced out of the HMO's and PPO's and not everybody? I was given this info from a committeeman who is friends with a Pontiac employee who attended the informational meeting to ratify their contract! She said that people where very upset and didn't think that it would be ratified. The more we tear it apart the worse it gets!

What kind of bootleg bullshit is the union trying to sell GMs back-breaking employees? If GM ratifies this contract, by 2011 the noncore workers will out number the line workers and they will get dumped on just like Delphi. Ford and Chrysler will then follow suit saying they cant compete with GM. That will trickle down and ruin all blue collar jobs in America. How many loop holes are there in this proposal? Ronnie should be ashamed.

So in the midst of this post you say your family gets sick all at once. Do you mean to post here that when you or soneone in your family get a cold you all go to the doctors? Does anybody go to the doctor, other then an old person, when they get a cold?

So in the midst of this post you say your family gets sick all at once. Do you mean to post here that when you or soneone in your family get a cold you all go to the doctors? Does anybody go to the doctor, other then an old person, when they get a cold?

There have been times in my house that both my kids and one parent end up with strep, which requires a dr. visit for antibiotics, both my kids have had pink eye at the same time also another dual dr. visit. Somethings unfortunately require a dr. visit for all infected.

There have been times in my house that both my kids and one parent end up with strep, which requires a dr. visit for antibiotics, both my kids have had pink eye at the same time also another dual dr. visit. Somethings unfortunately require a dr. visit for all infected.

I completely agree with the strep and pink eye, no questions asked. My concern is the number of people who take junior or themselves to the doctor/hospital for absolutely anything. They have insurance so they don't care as they never see a bill. It's that attitude that is driving up health care. You want to control health costs? Get rid of insurance. I know that is ridiculous but if people had to actually pay those bills there would be a lot fewer visits to the doctor/hospital for frivolous things and prices would come down to "attract" customers.

I’m amazed the numbers of times I hear people tell me they need to take junior to the hospital because he’s got a cold. I know a lot of old timers out there who never saw the inside of a hospital, and not because they weren’t sick, but because it was just a different era. A little chicken soup and hit the hay by 9.

Davdog, you fail to see the significance of this provision. The point is the if you have a family it is very easy to use up the annual allotment. Their are many members that have chronic problems which require continued doctors care such as diabetes or heart conditions! There is a man in my area that never misses work unless it is beyond his control, but he has a chronic problem with his eyes that causes him to go to the doctor more than 5 times a year, this provision will cost him dearly due to conditions beyond his control. This provision will cause many day shifter's who "can't get night time appointments" to pay serious out of pocket expenses just because of this fact! And how can they justify discriminating against people who live outside of Michigan?

Edited by Furious1Auto

Will someone please translate in English the new attendance policy. I read it but I can't believe it means a 3rd AWOL is a week off. Or is it a 3rd AWOL after your allowed amount you get a week off.

I cant believe they fucked us like this!!!!!

Or is what I read what I read ????? IM FING confused here!!!!!!!!!

Will someone please translate in English the new attendance policy. I read it but I can't believe it means a 3rd AWOL is a week off. Or is it a 3rd AWOL after your allowed amount you get a week off.

It seems worse than that, I'm sure that they mean the third step in the progressive disciplinary procedure will earn you 5 days off + the balance of the shift in which you are notified of you disciplinary layoff. So if they are attempting to overload your job to the point that it cannot be performed and you get thrown out two times trying to fight it, that could count as your first, and second step. If you cannot get it removed from your record before you being forced to take a day off due to sickness, then just getting sick would be your third step (giving you the the balance + 1 week off) or having to pay full rate at the doctor to avoid it. I'm a good employee and have not missed (I received 40 personal time check on my eligibility date last year) work but have a family that uses our medical when necessary and will be penalized severely for sickness that is not my own. This contract proposal is bullsh-t, annd gets worse as we break it down!

Edited by Furious1Auto

It seems worse than that, I'm sure that they mean the third step in the progressive disciplinary procedure will earn you 5 days off + the balance of the shift in which you are notified of you disciplinary layoff. So if they are attempting to overload your job to the point that it cannot be performed and you get thrown out two times trying to fight it, that could count as your first, and second step. If you cannot get it removed from your record before you being forced to take a day off due to sickness, then just getting sick would be your third step (giving you the the balance + 1 week off) or having to pay full rate at the doctor to avoid it. I'm a good employee and have not missed (I received 40 personal time check on my eligibility date last year) work but have a family that uses our medical when necessary and will be penalized severely for sickness that is not my own. This contract proposal is bullsh-t, annd gets worse as we break it down!

This is BS. I feel really bad for you guys at the assembly plants because if anyone needs multiple days off to recover it's you guys. There should be a separate scale for the assemble line workers, I even think the assembly plant workers should get an extra 5 days paid vac. because of the work loads.

This provision is bullshit and will not fly at Ford this will cause us to strike.

This is BS. I feel really bad for you guys at the assembly plants because if anyone needs multiple days off to recover it's you guys. There should be a separate scale for the assemble line workers, I even think the assembly plant workers should get an extra 5 days paid vac. because of the work loads.

This provision is bullshit and will not fly at Ford this will cause us to strike.

The problem is that if it was not for my committeeman knowing someone who attended Pontiac's informational meeting we would not even know about because of the way it is written in the highlights. Also single people and those that live in Michigan won't care if they do find out because affect them and it most likely won't affect those that live outside of Michigan unless they do have a chronic health problem or more commonly have a family!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Shop rules, attendance policies and the like, are the real dark horse here that really isn't being talked much about. G.M. didn't have as comprehensive C.O.A. type mid term agreements like Ford. Most of these policies were already shoved down our throat under plant closure threats in the past year or so. I'll bet if you look into your plants current C.O.A. you'll find the answer...At my plant, the C.O.A doesn't seem to have changed things ...YET!! Once we swallow enough of the "major" contract issues and ratify them, the policy beast will be released and it will feel to most like a unexpected sucker punch. We had a "corporate wide" safety talk last night that was mandatory for everyone to hear...just a setup for something else...remember what the company said last November...We will do MORE with LESS!!!

Just curious will the retirees have the same co pay as us. I told you guys this was going to happen.

So the workers with kids will have to fork out $50 every visit while the retiree get a pay raise and no co pays only $30 a month. So we got to go to work everyday of risk serious time off and pay thousand's of dollars potentially in doctor bills plus no pay raise for 4 years just to subsudize the retiree healthcare.

Just curious will the retirees have the same co pay as us. I told you guys this was going to happen.

So the workers with kids will have to fork out $50 every visit while the retiree get a pay raise and no co pays only $30 a month. So we got to go to work everyday of risk serious time off and pay thousand's of dollars potentially in doctor bills plus no pay raise for 4 years just to subsudize the retiree healthcare.

To add insult to injury, the management will get paid more than the $3,000 bonus you will receive while laughing at you because of your sacrifice if it is ratified!

Edited by Furious1Auto

I completely agree with the strep and pink eye, no questions asked. My concern is the number of people who take junior or themselves to the doctor/hospital for absolutely anything. They have insurance so they don't care as they never see a bill. It's that attitude that is driving up health care. You want to control health costs? Get rid of insurance. I know that is ridiculous but if people had to actually pay those bills there would be a lot fewer visits to the doctor/hospital for frivolous things and prices would come down to "attract" customers.

I’m amazed the numbers of times I hear people tell me they need to take junior to the hospital because he’s got a cold. I know a lot of old timers out there who never saw the inside of a hospital, and not because they weren’t sick, but because it was just a different era. A little chicken soup and hit the hay by 9.

You don't use your automobile insurance for an oil change. Yet you are willing to pay to have that done. It's the same with healthcare. Pay for the little things yourself, and let the insurance pay for the major things.

You don't use your automobile insurance for an oil change. Yet you are willing to pay to have that done. It's the same with healthcare. Pay for the little things yourself, and let the insurance pay for the major things.

Do you live in Michigan, or have a family? I'm a good employee who will be affected by the policy, and I have genuine cause for concern! It is a divide and conquer tactic! What else are you whiling to give away that the union of old fought earn? Anyone who votes yes on this and the many other concessions is not a brother, period!

Edited by Furious1Auto

The health care information is on page 4 of 24 pages GM report, says that the HMO copays willl go to $25.00 each then in the next sections it says PPO and Select HMO will be eliminated and have to change to TCN, what is the difference in HMO and Select HMO does anyone know?

The health care information is on page 4 of 24 pages GM report, says that the HMO copays willl go to $25.00 each then in the next sections it says PPO and Select HMO will be eliminated and have to change to TCN, what is the difference in HMO and Select HMO does anyone know?

LINK Read pages 117 through 121 for more health care benefit structure, and page 173 is the disciplinary procedure, although I was wrong about it being added to the regular disciplinary procedure! Look at the hand written page numbers on the right side for reference!

Edited by Furious1Auto

LINK Read pages 117 through 121 for more health care benefit structure, and page 173 is the disciplinary procedure, although I was wrong about it being added to the regular disciplinary procedure! Look at the hand written page numbers on the right side for reference!

The insurance part is for the entry level workers. The people that are working now will give up there COLA increases for no increases in copays and no reduction in benefits. Also remember GM workers didn't have COA's in there plants like we do for our attendance policy. There changes were done during this round of contract talks.

Take a breath,we will soon get to see what our contarct will look like soon enough.

Edited by rc38

dont blame GM, blame the people that come in with a BS doctors note saying they were sick and they werent.

Agreed!!!! I knew it was just a matter of time that the sorry asses we work with would end up costing us ALL. The good workers will get screwed in this contract while the scum will find loop holes and the Union will protect them every step of the way as they always have done!!!!!

The insurance part is for the entry level workers. The people that are working now will give up there COLA increases for no increases in copays and no reduction in benefits. Also remember GM workers didn't have COA's in there plants like we do for our attendance policy. There changes were done during this round of contract talks.

Take a breath,we will soon get to see what our contarct will look like soon enough.

Agreed.This is for the non-core lower tier employees.

Are doctors going to charge 19.99 for a visit now?

Anyone who has medicine is required to see the doctor usually on a yearly basis in order to keep getting their medicine. That reminds me, I have zero refills left, time to make an appointment.