UAw Sets Strike Deadline At Chrysler Talks

BlackHorse

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could get interesting. I wonder how Chrysler will react as they are privately owned now?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,300020,00.html

I wonder why they left Ford for last?

Are they serious? They're going to strike against Chrysler? Chrysler would have no problem firing all of them and waiting 3 to 6 months and then start rehiring non-unionized workers.

Striking against Chrysler is the dumbest thing the UAW can do.

Are they serious? They're going to strike against Chrysler? Chrysler would have no problem firing all of them and waiting 3 to 6 months and then start rehiring non-unionized workers.

Striking against Chrysler is the dumbest thing the UAW can do.

More like the UAW venting frustration and impatience. From their perspective, negotiations and voting should

have been completed nearly 3-4 weeks ago. Each company seems to be dragging the chain and not "ready to negotiate".

Ford is being left to last because the UAW knows they need the biggest concessions.

I'm sure there's another round of terminations coming and Ford will probably use this as leverage.

If there is a will there is a way!

Yep, such as.

Before talks began, Chrysler made clear that absent concessions to close a wage gap estimated at about $30 per hour between it and Japanese automakers operating in the United States, it would need to shift production out of the country.

Basically saying "Fuck with us, we'll just pack up and move shop." They do that at 2, 3, maybe 4 plants, UAW will say "uncle" pretty quick.

That is illegal.

What exactly is illegal about "firing" workers who don't even have a contract? The way I see it is they aren't even technically employed until they are working under a new contract. Wouldn't it just be the equivalent of saying to all of them "Sorry, we're not going to renew your contract and we're going in a different direction"? I mean, there needs to be an "out" for the employer SOMEWHERE. If not, what would keep the union from making absolutely ridiculous demands knowing that the automaker couldn't tell them to go sit on their thumbs? Correct me if I'm wrong on the details....

Edited by NickF1011

I could care less if we strike. I can hold out for a long time. Cash in the bank, and wife has a good job. Besides, I need some time off. Motorcycle season is almost over.

Selfish.

Not all workers can afford a strike, I thought the Union shared more than a piece of paper. Turns out I was completely wrong.

Selfish.

Not all workers can afford a strike, I thought the Union shared more than a piece of paper. Turns out I was completely wrong.

Lincoln, You must step away from your keyboard for atleast 15min. It almost looks as though you care about union workers...... (just giving you shit man dont take it to heart) I hear Chrysler wants all 1500 non-union workers out btw.

And Pioneer meeds time off because his foreman IS his MOTORCYCLE! (sorry Pio, I just HAD too) :shades:

Ok, Back on topic. I hope that the UAW and Cerberus can work it out without much if any blood from either side.

I for one, Do not want to see a Ford strike. I consider myself a part of the team and a dedicated Ford employee. I am prepared for it though. But if we MUST then so be it. Keyword: "MUST"

Selfish.

Selfish? Where did I say I wished for a strike? Never did. Just said I didn't care if there was one. I would rather keep working, but if I am told to walk, buh bye.

Ahhhh...spoken like a truly dedicated Ford employee. :rolleyes:

I am a dedicated employee, and my attendance record proves it. I am also a dedicated union man that refuses to let a greedy company screw me and my family in order to afford more bonuses and plane tickets for themselves.

I am a dedicated employee, and my attendance record proves it. I am also a dedicated union man that refuses to let a greedy company screw me and my family in order to afford more bonuses and plane tickets for themselves.

There's no doubt the company is guilty of greed. There's also no doubt the union is just as guilty. The two of you better figure out a whole new way of doing things or you'll both be guilty of running your company out of business.