Toyota crashes in reliability rankings

92merc

Pretty good news!

This part stuck out at me as a "about f'in time, jackasses" moment:

"But from now on, the magazine will wait for a full year of reliability survey data to come in before it recommends a Toyota product - as it does with most other manufacturers."

NO MORE FREE RIDE, TOYOTA!!!! :happy feet:

This was also very encouraging:

"Ford, in particular, is improving in quality, according to Consumer Reports. In all, 93 percent of Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles showed average or better reliability in the most recent reliability survey.

Among overall brands, Ford's Mercury brand ranked 11th, the Ford brand ranked 13th and the Lincoln luxury brand ranked 14th. Other than Buick, they were the highest-ranking domestic brands."

Still room to improve, but this is a BIG step forward.

Pretty good news!

"But from now on, the magazine will wait for a full year of reliability survey data to come in before it recommends a Toyota product - as it does with most other manufacturers."

"Ford, in particular, is improving in quality, according to Consumer Reports. In all, 93 percent of Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles showed average or better reliability in the most recent reliability survey.

Among overall brands, Ford's Mercury brand ranked 11th, the Ford brand ranked 13th and the Lincoln luxury brand ranked 14th. Other than Buick, they were the highest-ranking domestic brands."

Are you sure this isn't a hoax lol. This is amazing news.

Whoohooo!!!! Let all go jerk off together over this wonderful news!!!! Shut the hell up you idiots.

LMAO, Oh don't be mad tommy. Just because you're little bubble has been burst is no reason to act like a child buddy. lol

Wait, shhhhh!!! Do you hear that Tommy!! It's very faint, but it, . . . it sounds like, . . . yes far off in the distance someone is playing John Cougar Mellancamps "When the Walls Come Tumbling Down"

LOL

Hey I got an idea, you shut the hell up ok tommy boy. You don't have time to be on here anyway, there are many a busted ass Toyota waiting for you to get to wrenching on.

LMAO, Oh don't be mad tommy. Just because you're little bubble has been burst is no reason to act like a child buddy. lol

Wait, shhhhh!!! Do you hear that Tommy!! It's very faint, but it, . . . it sounds like, . . . yes far off in the distance someone is playing John Cougar Mellancamps "When the Walls Come Tumbling Down"

LOL

Hey I got an idea, you shut the hell up ok tommy boy. You don't have time to be on here anyway, there are many a busted ass Toyota waiting for you to get to wrenching on.

No wonder why Tommy Girl has limp wrist syndrome! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Well, lessee here. Bought the RAV4 back in April. One of the windshield wipers was misaligned. The Bose stereo crapped out after one week. And when I park it in the garage, I sometimes catch the faint odor of coolant. Other than that, it's been fine. :D

(All this with less than 5k on the odo.)

Pretty good news!

Awww, poor Toyota! :happy feet:

They may have to actually work to gain recommendations, etc. now.

It seems as though you bring up some gay double-entandre in every post!

That's ENTENDRE moron....learn how to spell. Point is that Toyota fucks up just like EVERYONE, they're just better at getting people to belive otherwise. And unfortunately thats how it is these days. Get used to it. Most people think domestic cars suck and imports rule. I dont really care either way. They ALL suck when you work on them day after day. I know for a fact that Fords and DCX products sucked really bad when I worked on them. The only good Fords were the Mustang, the Crown Vic and the Taurus for the most part. Toyota has their issues I know. This whole argument is stupid.

I am happy Consumer Reports is finally reporting what many Ford consumers already know, reliablity has been in the product for at least 3 years in the majority of its product line. Toyota has been falling in quality (engine sludge, transmission) for years and CR has ignored it. That is why I still think CR is a shit magazine that has no business rating cars no matter how much Ford's position "improves".

That's ENTENDRE moron....learn how to spell. Point is that Toyota fucks up just like EVERYONE, they're just better at getting people to belive otherwise. And unfortunately thats how it is these days. Get used to it. Most people think domestic cars suck and imports rule. I dont really care either way. They ALL suck when you work on them day after day. I know for a fact that Fords and DCX products sucked really bad when I worked on them. The only good Fords were the Mustang, the Crown Vic and the Taurus for the most part. Toyota has their issues I know. This whole argument is stupid.

Please don't point out others' spelling/grammar mistakes when you make your own. :redcard:

Remember that Consumer Reports is a trailing indicator of quality, which means the indicator is several years behind current vehicles. It is based on the quality of vehicles manufactured 1 to 5 years ago, so lets say an average of 3 ago. If there is strong downward trend based on average 3 year old vehicle and certainly no obvious signs of improvement in the last 3 years. The downward trend will continue downward for the for at least several more years, even if they immediately start making reliable vehicles again.

If you go to Edmunds and and check out the users reviews of the 07 Camry, there are many complains about the 4 cylinder hesitating in a dangerous fashion, under acceleration that seem to be related to the transmission. These are going to start weighing on the CR data over the next couple of years and probably remove the Camry completely from the recommended list, not just the V6.

Ford has a strong upward trend, and obvious signs that the cars are getting better, so in a couple of years Ford may well be ahead of Toyota on these indicators, and there is nothing that Toyota can do about because the vehicles have already been manufactured.

These long term indicators move very slowly and have a lot of momentum once they start moving either down or up, and can haunt a manufactures for many years. These indicators can also mislead a consumer who bases a purchase of a new vehicle based on past performance. As we stay in the stock market, "past performance, is no guarantee of future performance".

Any of you guys can come try my job for a week or two and see how you like it.

No thanks... I'm sure you got enough :banmolest: "jobs" :banmolest: You know the type: :censored: jobs & :censored: jobs; Ahh, yes that's enough from your customers to keep your mouth shut for a while!

Now get back to work!

Edited by Bored of Pisteon