2009 Lincoln MKS Unleashed

suv_guy_19

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you kidding me? the MKS won't outrun anything, according to Mr. Wizard, the PoserShift won't show up on the MKS TF, therefore, they're going to murder the torque in the first gear, that means a slower launch, that leads to useless power. People buy powerful cars for the huge amount of power applied from stop, power that comes later is useless because you will only use that kind of power in a track.

Do you have any information supporting that fact?

Do you have any information supporting that fact?

OldWizard is retired engineer and he made it clear ten thousand times, the powershift won't show up on any other vehicle except the Verve till MY2012.

As for how the things will work out with a normal transmission, that's my deduction at work. The 6F is nowhere near up to the task. It's limited at 300lb/ft, it would take a lot of beefing up to get that rating up, not to mention there must be some space between the max torque and the limit of the transmission. The MKS TF will be murdered by the transmission. It's simply not up to the task.

Feel free to prove me otherwise.

Are you kidding me? the MKS won't outrun anything, according to Mr. Wizard, the PoserShift won't show up on the MKS TF, therefore, they're going to murder the torque in the first gear, that means a slower launch, that leads to useless power. People buy powerful cars for the huge amount of power applied from stop, power that comes later is useless because you will only use that kind of power in a track.

which..you are tiring me Linc.....leads me to "based on what hands on information? "....and another gripe....when is enough enough? or excess? some people need to drive a Buggati Veyron on the 91 in peak hour traffic.....

OldWizard is retired engineer and he made it clear ten thousand times, the powershift won't show up on any other vehicle except the Verve till MY2012.

As for how the things will work out with a normal transmission, that's my deduction at work. The 6F is nowhere near up to the task. It's limited at 300lb/ft, it would take a lot of beefing up to get that rating up, not to mention there must be some space between the max torque and the limit of the transmission. The MKS TF will be murdered by the transmission. It's simply not up to the task.

Feel free to prove me otherwise.

whaaaaa???????????? the TF is already on the roads as well????????????????

which..you are tiring me Linc.....leads me to "based on what hands on information? "....and another gripe....when is enough enough? or excess? some people need to drive a Buggati Veyron on the 91 in peak hour traffic.....

Personally, I wouldn't ask for anything more than 300HP. That's more than enough for me, but give me impressive handling with that. The MKS will never handle like a RWD vehicle, that's a sad fact.

The PoserShift?

Is that a Captain Morgan option?

Might go over big with the drifting crowd.

seems to be a big hot-button lately...why I rightfully dont know....some here are OBSESSED to the point of being claimed clinically insane.........

Personally, I wouldn't ask for anything more than 300HP. That's more than enough for me, but give me impressive handling with that. The MKS will never handle like a RWD vehicle, that's a sad fact.

And a RWD vehicle will never handle like an AWD vehicle, that's a sad fact.

Or didn't you know that F1 banned AWD? That winning rally cars are -always- AWD?

That's very vague for a counter-point. Show me specs, Rick. Or you and your little theory doesn't exist.

What of my little theory?

You seem to feel that Ford cannot install a transverse engine with over 300lb ft of torque because the 6F transmission is limited at 315lb ft of torque.

My point is that Ford is by no means required to use the 6F in its cars. Other transmissions with higher torque ratings are available. Or were you unable to reach that conclusion from the question posed?

And a RWD vehicle will never handle like an AWD vehicle, that's a sad fact.

Or didn't you know that F1 banned AWD? That winning rally cars are -always- AWD?

The Focus RS, what's the basis in that car?

AWD is a must in rally, if you haven't noticed, they go into dirt and all kinds of roads there.

As for F1 banning AWD, didn't F1 ban traction control (or ABS, I forgot) recently?

not necessarily true....case in point Cooper S...........also, along your theories a RWD car will never handle as good as a mid engine....hell...ya just can't win can you?

As for F1 banning AWD

Why would F1 ban AWD?

If it offered no advantage to offset the additional weight, expense, and complexity, why would FIA ban it? It would ban itself (for instance, we don't see any F1 cars circling the tracks with farm animals attached to the airbox--why? because there's no advantage, ergo, the FIA rulebook doesn't explicitly prevent you from attaching a sheep to your car).

F1's move to ban establishes that in 'money [almost] no object' scenarios, AWD offers a performance advantage.