2009 Lincoln MKS Unleashed

suv_guy_19

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know how the keyless entry on the MKS works. If you have the transmitter in your pocket, do you walk to the car and press a button on the keypad to unlock the car? I know Europeans have a little button on the door handles.

I'm not quite sure how the Lincoln system works, but I know in BMWs, the door handle has 2 sensors, one in the pull handle, which unlocks the car when you put your hand around it, and a second sensor on top of this handle where you place a finger there to lock the vehicle. Then of course, you hop in, hold the brake, push the start button, and go.

Blue II, where is the 3.7DI-TIVCT?

Another question about the MKS, what's this gap for?

09lincolnmks_40a.jpg

Next to the reset button. I wonder if it's a keyhole, and if it is, I hope it's not a must to put the key in there, it ruins the idea of the Power On/Off button.

I'm not sure what it's for...it may be a passenger airbag on/off light, but it almost looks like a recessed 'hole' though, not just a blank spot.

SIRIUS Travel Link offers a suite of data services that includes real-time traffic, tabular and graphical weather, fuel prices, sports schedules and scores, and movie listings

* SIRIUS Travel Link will be standard on Ford's next-generation navigation system and will be offered on multiple Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles in 2008.

* Traffic Data: SIRIUS Travel Link combines real-time traffic speed and flow data with accident and incident information to allow the user to navigate around congested areas.

* Weather: SIRIUS Travel Link shows coast-to-coast weather data, current conditions and 5-day forecasts, detailed storm cell information, hurricane and tropical storm tracking, local wind speeds, and even ski resort conditions.

* Fuel Prices: Drawing on information from over 120,000 gas stations, SIRIUS Travel Link sorts fuel options by price, distance, or alphabetically. If requested, the Ford navigation system can route users to the gasoline station with the lowest fuel price.

* Sports: No matter your passion - NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NASCAR, college football and basketball, or golf -SIRIUS Travel Link provides scores and schedules and can be personalized for the user's selected teams.

* Movies: With listings from over 4,500 movie theaters, SIRIUS Travel Link helps consumers plan ahead by providing movie times, theater addresses, ratings, and run lengths. Using the Ford navigation system, the data can be sorted by distance or alphabetically. If requested, the navigation system can route users to the selected movie theater.

I'm still trying to figure out what the S.O.S. system is.

That Sirius Travel Link system sounds pretty cool.

I'm not quite sure what Lincoln's SOS system does, it may be similar to OnStar.

BMW has a similar SOS system, I believe it notifies authorites/medical people, etc. if you've been in an accident, but I"m not 100% sure.

On second glance, the portion around the shifter and where Lincoln is spelled out should be trimmed in wood or some other material other than the matte plastic. The plastic doesn't look bad, but: A: Why do we have to have Lincoln spelled out inside the car (it's tacky) and B: If a 3 series can be trimmed with wood on the center console area this car should.

The rest of the car is executed fairly well, but leaning towards Audi-esque materials would have been a big bonus here. It's the little things sometimes.......

On second glance, the portion around the shifter and where Lincoln is spelled out should be trimmed in wood or some other material other than the matte plastic. The plastic doesn't look bad, but: A: Why do we have to have Lincoln spelled out inside the car (it's tacky) and B: If a 3 series can be trimmed with wood on the center console area this car should.

The rest of the car is executed fairly well, but leaning towards Audi-esque materials would have been a big bonus here. It's the little things sometimes.......

I agree, however BMW does use some black plastics around the HVAC/radio controls as well, IMO it should be a silver/brushed aluminum type material, like used on the gear shifter, door handles, etc.

Bmw-3-Series-Coupe-interior-2-lg.jpg

I strongly disagree. The area around the shifter is a neutral, functional area in this interior design, and any wood would look badly overdone, and would conflict with the restraint shown with wood elsewhere.

I would say that the incredible restraint by Lincoln with use of wood and chrome in the interior is a very Audi-esque touch. Even Audi has been known to overdo it. The A6 and A8 simply have too much wood, and I had to search far and wide to find an RS4 without that awful carbon fiber glued on everywhere.

There is no cohesion or design to BMW interiors. They are extremely functional, and it just seems like they slather wood wherever they can to appeal to Americans.

As for the Lincoln spelled out... doesn't bother me either way. I think the dash would look a little bare in that spot without it.

Well I'm going to reserve final judgement. I'm hoping I ll be able to see it up close. I'm just thinking it might do the car a little justice to add a bit more here and there, and it doesn't have to be wood.

I mean don't get me wrong I still like the car and the interior, I just want it to go over and beyond what is necessary to shut up the domestic bashers.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that was the DI-TIVCT version, the 272HP in the MKS doesn't have DI.

correct- I have no idea what happened to that . Hopefully Blue II will chime in.

Igor

The base engine never had DI. Only on TF, which of course is a year later.

This should be a real "cash cow" for Ford, if people can overlook that it is underpowered compared to other cars in its class !

correct- I have no idea what happened to that . Hopefully Blue II will chime in.

Igor

The base engine never had DI. Only on TF, which of course is a year later.

This should be a real "cash cow" for Ford, if people can overlook that it is underpowered compared to other cars in its class !

Its not underpowered for a base engine by a long shot.