The Pontiac G8

Moby Vic

I like the car alot. After seeing it at the auto show in person, I liked it alot more. A test drive is definately in the cards when it comes out, but I'm a little disappointed that the article says the US wont get a manual trans? CAFE reasons or something? That sucks. Its still worth a look. Same price range as a Bullitt Mustang, but more practical and less chance of the horrendous dealer markup. Its on the short list.

I like the car alot. After seeing it at the auto show in person, I liked it alot more. A test drive is definately in the cards when it comes out, but I'm a little disappointed that the article says the US wont get a manual trans? CAFE reasons or something? That sucks. Its still worth a look. Same price range as a Bullitt Mustang, but more practical and less chance of the horrendous dealer markup. Its on the short list.

Lets not ignore the fact that the automatic it has is a great box with 6 gears.

And everything I have read says that a manual version is coming "in the future" (sound familiar?).

I have not heard anything from GM saying that a manual is NOT coming. When I hear it from GM, I will believe it.

Lets not ignore the fact that the automatic it has is a great box with 6 gears.

And everything I have read says that a manual version is coming "in the future" (sound familiar?).

I have not heard anything from GM saying that a manual is NOT coming. When I hear it from GM, I will believe it.

yeah i saw it was a 6spd auto being offered. That said id still rather have the manual. Oddly enough the only automatic equipped vehicle id buy would have to be turbocharged. Preloading a drivetrain and building boost at the line at the drags is fun :D

yeah i saw it was a 6spd auto being offered. That said id still rather have the manual. Oddly enough the only automatic equipped vehicle id buy would have to be turbocharged. Preloading a drivetrain and building boost at the line at the drags is fun :D

That sounds like fun... :burnout:

Edited by P71_CrownVic

Do yourselves a favour and test drive the G8 GT, our matching SS-V Commodores is a driver's car.

If you want a Mustang with 4-Doors and a Falcon isn't available, a G8 wil do fine.

I'm ever hopeful Ford NA can match the G8 with a "MKR/Interceptor" type sedan based on the Mustang body but using some Falcon suspension parts, that would make delivery to production much quicker and serve as another "merging" RWD model.

Edited by jpd80

The GTO was a hideous 2 door coupe that was only offered with a V8, your comparison is apples to oranges... :finger:

Looks are entirely subjective. I found nothing hideous about the GTO. Rather subdued and a bit bland, but nothing ugly about it. Like I said -- at least the G8 is priced a bit better. I still doubt it will do any better though. After all, Holden is only going to import at most 30,000 of these a year. I doubt it's more than a break-even situation at best.

Some stupid bitch dropped her cell phone and thought that was more important then keeping her eyes on the road.

Basically.......

The insurance company totall'd it earlier this week. The Salvage + Damage exceeded the $37K the car was valued at so oh friggin well......

I would have taken pictures but too bad my digital camera and trunk are now one piece of solid metal :rant: To top it off the stupid C U Next Tuesday was like, "Why did you stop so suddenly"? Can you frigging believe that? ONLY in California!!!

Basically.......

The insurance company totall'd it earlier this week. The Salvage + Damage exceeded the $37K the car was valued at so oh friggin well......

I would have taken pictures but too bad my digital camera and trunk are now one piece of solid metal :rant: To top it off the stupid C U Next Tuesday was like, "Why did you stop so suddenly"? Can you frigging believe that? ONLY in California!!!

OMG LOL

What type of Camera was it? Hope it wasn't a DSLR

Nah, it was your run of the mill Canon Digital Camera. I won't spend a ton of money on a DSLR because I SUCK at taking pictures. I'm the guy that cuts off half the people in a photograph.

:hysterical: I bought a used DSLR from a friend of mine a couple years ago. I used to be horrible at photography too, but that's the nice thing with digital cameras. You can practice all you want without wasting film. I think I've gotten half decent at it now.