November 2007 Compact SUV Sales

waymondospiff

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree 100%. I see what it does to many people and I have no desire to do it. There are other things in life to be enjoyed, like spending all my time arguing on an Internet forum :P

A couple of weeks ago we transport an extremely intoxicated man to a local hospital. He was so drunk they put a diaper on him.

With someone who thinks the Vic was engineered by God.

Quote me saying that...

I agree 100%. I see what it does to many people and I have no desire to do it. There are other things in life to be enjoyed, like spending all my time arguing on an Internet forum :P

BAH HUMBUG!!!

I quote Benjamin Franklin, "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

:party: :beerchug:

Mazda just tried too hard with the RX-8 I think. A simple standard coupe with a regular little turbo 4 or V6 probably would have resulted in a much better vehicle.

I don't think Mazda tried hard enough, that or they rushed it. I loved the quirkiness of the rotary, but not enough as a daily driver or a dealer network that didn't know how to handle all that quirkiness.

Could be one of those quotes that has lost its accuracy over the years. Upon doing a Google search, it appears there are thousands of references to both variations.

Ah the internet. Thousands of references to the same thing.......

I remember an editorial cartoon that came out when I was in college; it showed this guy sitting in a chair being inundated with a huge stream of garbage coming out of his monitor, with the guy standing next to him saying, "Well, you have to admire the sheer volume of it."

I don't think Mazda tried hard enough, that or they rushed it. I loved the quirkiness of the rotary, but not enough as a daily driver or a dealer network that didn't know how to handle all that quirkiness.

Well, by trying too hard, I meant it seemed they put too much effort into trying to do something different for the sake of being different and not enough effort into doing the things they did different WELL.

Well, by trying too hard, I meant it seemed they put too much effort into trying to do something different for the sake of being different and not enough effort into doing the things they did different WELL.

Now I see what you are getting at. I hate to say it but the RX-8 is like a novelty that wore off fast.

Edited by Michael Reynolds

CX 9 is 7 seat, CX 7 is 5 seat. They are both 5 seat but appeal to different people. I do see a reason for the Escape. I do not however see a reason for the Tribute.

as far as i can tell the only reason for the tribute is so that mazda has a hybrid, same for the mariner.

if the fusion/milan/ (m6?) hybrids come out then the tribute will probably be gone

as far as i can tell the only reason for the tribute is so that mazda has a hybrid, same for the mariner.

if the fusion/milan/ (m6?) hybrids come out then the tribute will probably be gone

Well, I can see the Tribute hanging on actually. Once the next-gen Escape/Mariner/Tribute come out, they'll be a bit more "zoom zoom"-ish in their appearance. Could still be a place for it in Mazda's lineup at that point. Right now though, it does seem a bit out of place. Maybe they'll rename it CX-5.

Well, I can see the Tribute hanging on actually. Once the next-gen Escape/Mariner/Tribute come out, they'll be a bit more "zoom zoom"-ish in their appearance. Could still be a place for it in Mazda's lineup at that point. Right now though, it does seem a bit out of place. Maybe they'll rename it CX-5.

They were supposed to name it that. They changed their mind for some reason.

Mazda didn't want to loose name recognition on the Tribute. Its just barely hanging on to its business case anyway, so, they figured they'd better not mess with it. At least, not mess with it any more than they did with this most recent restyle. I have to say, after seeing one in person, I much prefer the previous generation tribute looks. This is the exact opposite of my feelings on the Mariner and Escape which I think look better post update. As long as they can continue to make a profit sharing a little bit of production at the escape plant, why not?

QUOTE(LincolnFan @ Dec 5 2007, 03:48 AM)

With someone who thinks the Vic was engineered by God.

Quote me saying that...

And on the Eighth Day he created the Panther of the Blue Oval and low and behold it was good. For the Panther could hold much luggage and it had plenty of space for drunks and criminals. Eventhough the Panther was not the fastest or best handling of the Taxi and Law Enforcement beasts, it could take much abuse and no other could withstand a 70 mph smack to the rear end. And there would be numerous appearances on "Cops" and much rejoicing at the House of Donuts.

And on the Eighth Day he created the Panther of the Blue Oval and low and behold it was good. For the Panther could hold much luggage and it had plenty of space for drunks and criminals. Eventhough the Panther was not the fastest or best handling of the Taxi and Law Enforcement beasts, it could take much abuse and no other could withstand a 70 mph smack to the rear end. And there would be numerous appearances on "Cops" and much rejoicing at the House of Donuts.

Very good...very good indeed.

The Escape is beating the 'all new' [too big] RAV4 with a 3rd seat [useless].

Shows that real buyers do not care about greenhouses and drum brakes, 2 items fanatics swore would kill sales.

1. Rav 4 Sales Doubled with the new model compared to the old model

2. Rav 4 Sells for a hefty Premium over the Escape

3. The Escape only outsold the Rav-4 by 0.2%

4. Take out Fleets and the Rav-4 has a landslide victory over the Escape in Sales. Especially sad because the escape used to outsell the Rav-4 3-1.

5. Pull your head out of your ass. :redcard:

Edited by DCK