November 2007 Compact SUV Sales

waymondospiff

I've gotten a lot of flack over where I categorize different products, so this month, in the spirit of giving, I'm including anything that is 1. compact, 2. 2-row only, 3. Crossover-ish, 4. whatever else I choose to add.

Escape - 12,383

Mariner - 2,206

Edge - 12,594

Tribute - 1,202

CX-7 - 2,887

Equinox - 5,261

Torrent - 1,968

VUE - 4,688

HHR - 7,179

Vibe - 3,128

PT Cruiser - 6,769 (includes convertible)

Caliber - 6,313

Compass - 2,683

Patriot - 4,199

Liberty - 6,813

Nitro - 5,795

CR-V - 16,498

Element - 2,109

RAV4 - 12,354

Matrix (sales aren't broken down outside of the "Corolla" category.)

Rogue - 5,650 (just a note: I've seen more Rogue ads on TV than Taurus ads. Not good.)

Murano - 3,976 (new model just around the corner)

XTerra - 3,925

Tucson - 3,107

Sportage - 3,800

Sorento - 1,952

Forester - 3,046

Limiting the poll to just "traditional" compact CUVs gives a sales order of:

1. CR-V

2. Escape

3. RAV4

4. Rogue

5. Equinox

Another strong showing by the "new" Escape. Say what you will, the redo is enough to attract customers.

Scott

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Escape - 12,383

Mariner - 2,206

Tribute - 1,202

= 15,791

CR-V - 16,498

Doesn't seem much of a difference in sales results between the Escape triplets and the CRV. Especially when you consider people cross-shop Escape with the Edge. (Edge = 12,594 and Honda Pilot = 5,360 down 44%)

But look at the Tribute numbers and Mariner numbers. To put it bluntly...not good.

Agreed, Mariner and Tribute don't look good. However, the Mariner has never been all that great (I blame it on the make: Mercury) and the Tribute now shares floor space with the all-too-similar-yet-oh-so-much-better CX-7.

I dare anyone to visit a Mazda dealer, drive both the Tribute and the CX-7, and then buy the Tribute. Ain't gonna happen. The Tribute and the B-Series need to be expunged from the Mazda lineup. It'd be much better for the brand and the "loss" of sales wouldn't hurt too much.

Scott

Well, seeing as Mazda has the CX-9 and Ford has the Edge...

I don't see why Ford needs two five seat SUVs...

CX 9 is 7 seat, CX 7 is 5 seat. They are both 5 seat but appeal to different people. I do see a reason for the Escape. I do not however see a reason for the Tribute.

Edited by suv_guy_19

CX 9 is 7 seat, CX 7 is 5 seat. They are both 5 seat but appeal to different people. I do see a reason for the Escape. I do not however see a reason for the Tribute.

Blast...I meant CX7...oh well...Mazda's name are confusing also.

Actually...thinking about it, I do see a reason for the Escape...IF it keeps bringing in 12K a month sales. Ford should dump the other two and save some money.

Not to be confused with the Mazda5 which really seats 6, while the 3 can seat 5 as the 6 does while the MX-5 seats 2. :)

Let's see:

MX-5 seats 2

3 seats 5

5 seats 6

6 seats 5

Tribute seats 5

CX-7 seats 5

CX-9 seats 7

interesting naming strategy they've got going on there.

I thought you didn't drink....It's not even morning and your head hurts. :lol:. Like I would know, I've never had a drink in my life lol.

I got hammered once...and threw up every half hour for a day. Ever since then, I have no desire to drink. Not only is it harmful to your body, it is a complete waste of money.

I got hammered once...and threw up every half hour for a day. Ever since then, I have no desire to drink. Not only is it harmful to your body, it is a complete waste of money.

I agree 100%. I see what it does to many people and I have no desire to do it. There are other things in life to be enjoyed, like spending all my time arguing on an Internet forum :P