2009 Dodge Ram

Anthony

Some of you need eye exams, that's the ugliest truck I've seen since the Turdra came out..

The best looking truck made over the past 20 years is the limited F-150, that melted plastic look of the Dodge doesn't come close..

1467.jpg

Slab. Sided. Pig.

However...this is a great looking truck:

04.ford.f150svtlightning.f34.500.jpg

2001-ford-f-150-svt-lightning-front.jpg

Edited by P71_CrownVic

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing about the 97-04 bodystyle, however was the horrific crash test data supplied by the IIHS. Standard cab trucks looked to be even more susceptible to frontal and cab failure. I will agree that the Lightning was a pretty truck (still is) but the thoughts of those pics would worry me if I had to drive one day in and day out.

Truthfully, to me, there are few ugly new trucks out there right now. Some have stronger styling points and some weak points, but the right Ford, Dodge, Chevy, GMC or Nissan gets my attention. The Tundra and Ridgeline completely turn me off. However, if a true pickup truck owner can't find something they like in the Ford, Dodge or GM trucks, then what are they looking for?

The only thing about the 97-04 bodystyle, however was the horrific crash test data supplied by the IIHS. Standard cab trucks looked to be even more susceptible to frontal and cab failure. I will agree that the Lightning was a pretty truck (still is) but the thoughts of those pics would worry me if I had to drive one day in and day out.

Truthfully, to me, there are few ugly new trucks out there right now. Some have stronger styling points and some weak points, but the right Ford, Dodge, Chevy, GMC or Nissan gets my attention. The Tundra and Ridgeline completely turn me off. However, if a true pickup truck owner can't find something they like in the Ford, Dodge or GM trucks, then what are they looking for?

Well, that's against itself, not compact cars. The newer trucks with 5 star ratings would crush a 5-star rated compact and probably still be driveable. I agree, what are people who buy Tundra's expecting to get that's different, other then mechanical problems?

From what I've read of other 2003 Ram owners, most have reported similar good luck with their trucks. I drive mine quite a lot and I don't have any problems with mine. The only mechanical problems I've had was a couple of drops of power steering fluid in my driveway. Bad seal...fixed quickly. The other was a speed sensor in the wheel which was also fixed quickly. I can't say that it won't give me any problems, but I've owned it new since August '03 and to this point, its been good.

I enjoy driving it.

I've known a few people with 03-06 Dodge Rams. Most of them find them to be decent, reliable transportation. The only major gripes that they had were that the 4.7L V8 got terrible gas mileage and I believe another went through a couple of tranmissions. Other than that, they were all satisfied with the fit and finish and general ability of their trucks.

When the 4.7 was introduced to replace the 5.2, it was marginally better in both gas mileage and performance. It was notably better than the 5.9 which got terrible mileage considering the power rating. When the Hemi came out, it was actually gettting about the same mileage as the 4.7L. Dodge charged extra for the Hemi engine and the required transmission so they benefited by people upgrading to the Hemi. However, Hemi owners benefited with over 100 horsepower more and about the same mileage as they would've got with the 4.7...plus, a great tow capacity.

The newest generation 4.7 is suppose to vastly improve upon the first generation OHC Dodge mill, which means a possible benefit to choosing it over the Hemi at a slight costs of horsepower and torque. The 4.7 is a good motor for the Dakota, but with the Ram weighing in close to 1000 pounds more, I think most 1500 buyers are going to prefer the Hemi.

They all look OK to me....like trucks. I wouldn't pick any by looks. I'm more interested in how well it does the job I bought and speced it for. What it costs me to buy, to maintain, and then value when I'm done with it.

I believe the new Ford F 150 with small (sorta small) diesel will be one nice useful truck with great resale. Has Dodge announced a competing model yet?

Call me crazy, but the new Ram looks like it's going to fall over on its nose or something. I'm not saying the Tundra is better looking, because it isn't, but something about the balance of the elements isn't right on this picture. The front end looks too heavy for the rest of the truck. That said, I really really like how the fender back looks. [blasphemy]I've always thought the rear end and sides of the Ram were actually better looking than the Ford's too. I much preferred the "rounded" look to the Ford's SQUARE look which I've always found to be in conflict with the front of the truck.[/blasphemy]

I've known a few people with 03-06 Dodge Rams. Most of them find them to be decent, reliable transportation. The only major gripes that they had were that the 4.7L V8 got terrible gas mileage and I believe another went through a couple of tranmissions. Other than that, they were all satisfied with the fit and finish and general ability of their trucks.

I had a rental Dodge Ram quad with the 4.7. Absolutely horrid gas mileage, my 1989 Cheyenne does better. Other than that, I found the Ram to be reasonably comfortable, decent ride, and competent on the road. Little too high off the ground for my taste.

Yeah, the Ram does ride kinda high, especially with the 20s. Mine is a 2WD and I've parked beside several Ford and GM 4x4s and their stock ride height is often about the same as my truck. I added chrome step bars to mine. Even for me it was a bit high to step up into, but especially so for my wife and son. Plus, with the chrome wheels, the bar kind of gives it some visual balance.

THIS:

Dodge-Ram_1500_2006_photo_03.jpg

Looks better than this:

Ford-F-150_2006_photo_09.jpg

And I HATE Dodge.

Are u blind or drunk ? the F150 is the best looking truck out there by far. It needs a better powertrain, but it definitely is the best looking truck out there. The look is conservative yet handsome. The RAM and the TUNDRA are by far the ugliest IMO.