My Prediction For Ford in 2008

BlackHorse

To get Canadian nationals to ask open ended questions. LOL

You should be happy if not thankful that their is such a young man as SUV_person_19 who is so bullish on Ford. The imports haven't captured as much market in the 51th. state yet, as far as I could tell when I snuck in their, and I'm sure he takes enough ribbing from his peers.

He writes a lot, he likes this site, He's OK in my book, At least he didn't run out and buy a competitor vehicle with a LAME excuse like you did.

He writes a lot, he likes this site, He's OK in my book, At least he didn't run out and buy a competitor vehicle with a LAME excuse like you did.

Well, to be completely fair, at the current time we own only two Fords and it will soon be one. The good news is that we did not give our money to another company, but rather the used car dealer that is run by my dads previous Ford salesman. My next car will probably be a Ford though. My dad says next time that is what he will get as well. That is what we always have got in the past. Its just a bit of a dry spell right now.

And I'm very sick today, so I've barely left the computer lol.

Edited by suv_guy_19

Well, to be completely fair, at the current time we own only two Fords and it will soon be one. The good news is that we did not give our money to another company, but rather the used car dealer that is run by my dads previous Ford salesman. My next car will probably be a Ford though. My dad says next time that is what he will get as well. That is what we always have got in the past. Its just a bit of a dry spell right now.

SUV is a great guy, there's no doubt. I wish he were an American, we need more Americans like him. Somewhere in every Canadian, there's an American trying to get out.

Now tell them how many Chrysler products you own mister bullish on Ford.

SUV is a great guy, there's no doubt. I wish he were an American, we need more Americans like him. Somewhere in every Canadian, there's an American trying to get out.

3 Chrysler, 1 GM, 2 Ford, soon to be One. If I have my way it won't be that way next time though. It was kind of a price is right deal. And none of the non Fords were new. I really like Ford itself. I would defend them to the death, even if I didn't own them.

He is a very good guy, he's on my friends list!

I see you have a lot of posts today, you may beat me in post count for the day today! I'm going to attempt to not let that happen, but I like to have my posts be good quality posts as well.

That's how it's been recently w/ me, staying at the computer a lot, although, I've done it b/c of my broken ankle, it's difficult to get around, so I've been staying home a lot, and there's nothing else to do here, so why not be at BOF?!?

I really like Ford itself. I would defend them to the death, even if I didn't own them.

And that's why you're a good guy, mate!

My prediction for 2008:

The new Falcon will be a stunning success and put Ford AUS back into profit.

Edited by jpd80

I see you have a lot of posts today, you may beat me in post count for the day today! I'm going to attempt to not let that happen, but I like to have my posts be good quality posts as well.

That's how it's been recently w/ me, staying at the computer a lot, although, I've done it b/c of my broken ankle, it's difficult to get around, so I've been staying home a lot, and there's nothing else to do here, so why not be at BOF?!?

I was sick with the flu all day yesterday, so I spent the whole day here lol.

Edited by suv_guy_19

You should be happy if not thankful that their is such a young man as SUV_person_19 who is so bullish on Ford. The imports haven't captured as much market in the 51th. state yet, as far as I could tell when I snuck in their, and I'm sure he takes enough ribbing from his peers.

I thought most people buy competing vehicles because they're better?

Wow I wasn't aware that trading in my European car for an American made vehicle because I want to support my country and I think the Jeep is cool as hell is LAME. I mean I could have just as easily bought an FJ. Unfortunately there is no Ford equivalent to the Jeep or I'd have bought that. There's nothing lame about what I did Local, grow up.

I thought most people buy competing vehicles because they're better?

Most people buy competing vehicles because:

A) They don't know much, and don't do any research, so they buy "with the flock."

B) They buy what their parents/brother/sister/uncle/aunt buys.

C) They buy what the media says they should buy.

D) They actually do research, and compare various vehicles by various makes, and pick the one that they like the best.

Believe it or not, D is the lowest percentage. Most people are sheep. If they weren't, they wouldn't buy Camry's in such huge numbers.

Us, as enthusiasts, are very far in the minority. We probably account for about .5% of the buying public. Vehicles today are so close in all catagories, that personal preference, and lack of knowing what is available plays most heavily into vehicle purchases. It is not that the Camry is superior............... just that it is what people see people buying. As Ford and GM continue to make high quality, competitive offerings............... and more and more are on the roads.............. more people will give them a chance. It is as simple as that.

Lets face it, if you wanted to buy a car............... up until recently (last couple years), there really was no reason to visit Ford or GM................ short of us enthusiasts. This is changing............ but will take time.

Most people buy competing vehicles because:

A) They don't know much, and don't do any research, so they buy "with the flock."

B) They buy what their parents/brother/sister/uncle/aunt buys.

C) They buy what the media says they should buy.

D) They actually do research, and compare various vehicles by various makes, and pick the one that they like the best.

Believe it or not, D is the lowest percentage. Most people are sheep. If they weren't, they wouldn't buy Camry's in such huge numbers.

I think that's a bit harsh on the average consumer. I know that there's a good percentage of "import only" or "domestic only", but within that, I think there's actual competition between brands, rather than just bandwagon jumping.

P.S. 473,000 Camrys in one year. Amazing. Especially in this up and down year. They have no chance of doing it again next year, but still...