Ford of Europe 2007 sales rise 5.4% to 1.83M vehicles

suv_guy_19

The Focus and Fiesta were the top-selling Ford models in Europe last year, retailing a total of 496,600 and 378,220 units respectively. The Transit continued to set a brisk pace in the medium commercial vehicle market and sold a record 224,915. Not to be outdone, its smaller sibling, the Transit Connect, also set a new record selling 109,900 vehicles.

"I am delighted with our performance in 2007," said Stephen Odell, vice president, Marketing, Sales & Service, Ford of Europe. "Including sales from our European Direct Markets, we sold close to 1.9 million vehicles last year. That's about 110,000 vehicles more than we sold in 2006. In 2006 we sold some 80,000 vehicles more than we did in 2005, so in the past two years we have added some 200,000 sales to our bottom-line.

"Selling over 100,000 more vehicles was a spectacular performance. Transit was up by 30,000 vehicles, Mondeo increased by 17,000 as we started to get full production of that model, S-MAX was up by 33,000 and Galaxy by more than 41 per cent to 10,000 units."

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=27476

No, probably not. They're only up $88M for the year--

Also, did the entire US B segment account for 378k sales last year? (talking about how different the US and Europe are).

With the price of gas in US catching up to where price of gas used to be in Europe, our differences may be narrowing. Are our B-cars concepts too debute at NAIAS? Then how lomg to market?

With the price of gas in US catching up to where price of gas used to be in Europe, our differences may be narrowing. Are our B-cars concepts too debute at NAIAS? Then how lomg to market?

1) we still pay half what EU does

2) we still drive way way way way way way (let me know when I've made my point) way way way more than the typical European...

3) we get the third & final B concept Sunday night at 12:00 EST (end of embargo), they will be on market in the US fall '09.

1) we still pay half what EU does

2) we still drive way way way way way way (let me know when I've made my point) way way way more than the typical European...

3) we get the third & final B concept Sunday night at 12:00 EST (end of embargo), they will be on market in the US fall '09.

You pay about a third of what we pay in the UK Richard.

EU v US fuel price comparison, sorry but this is latest prices November 2007 Decembers should prices will be out soon.

http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/eupetrolprices/

Ford of Europes figures are hiding a lot of information, l wish they were more open like the ones you publish in the States, they also include Russia & Turkey sales that are not a part of the EU. Focus sales have dropped -7.8% in the EU which is not shown up here, l wish FOE were a bit more open with sales figures showing numbers compared to last year like you have in the States, most of the news is full of sunshine news & soundbites. Not much about news about Volvo in this news who are doing well, Land Rover are enjoying a bit of a sales boom in Russia just like the Focus and soon the Mondeo will be once Ford gets the new production line up to speed. Russia could be a good market for FOA to sell US models into, as fuel prices are on par with the US.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Aren't the Transits pretty fuel efficient - for what they are? It would seem that FoA would be working on making them here, as, if fuel prices keep on going up (does anyone believe that they won't), companies that deliver goods will be clamoring to for more efficient vehicles.

Maybe the proceeds from JLR will provide some funds to make it happen?

Aren't the Transits pretty fuel efficient - for what they are? It would seem that FoA would be working on making them here, as, if fuel prices keep on going up (does anyone believe that they won't), companies that deliver goods will be clamoring to for more efficient vehicles.

Maybe the proceeds from JLR will provide some funds to make it happen?

I have been saying this for 7 years.

If you notice every new person in the company asks why don't we sell the transit connect here, it is a segement buster.

as to the focus's numbers how much of that is due to the shifting from focus car to focus truck, C-max and soon kuga. to increase the profit of the mix. It is obvious that Ford is running at over 100% capasity.

Also notie how the S-max is killing the galaxy in sales 3 to 1. what can ford do to improve the psition of the galaxy? should they end it or should the add sliding doors to the next model, make it more functional than the S-max.

If you notice every new person in the company asks why don't we sell the transit connect here, it is a segement buster.

How much would it cost to "Federalize" it?

Has Ford even tried testing it with NA consumers?

It's just one man's stupid opinion, but I feel there is a bigger market for the TConnect than might be apparent.

ford_connect_express.jpg