If this has already been posted...who cares, the Mafia will talk about it again anyway. Didn't we see spy shots of this a while ago and everyone assumed it was a bad photoshop?

2008 'Special Edition'

With no major redesign since 1998, in order to remain competitive Ford came up with a trim package for the Crown Victoria in the Middle East, known as the Special Edition, for 2008. Only available on the P72 Standard model, this cosmetic package adds the following:

• * A new 3-bar grille.
    * Mercury Marauder spoiler, also found on models equipped with the Export Handling Package.
    * Chrome trim under the license plate on the front bumper.
    * Chrome trim underneath the Ford logo on the trunk.
    * Special Edition logos on the front fenders, trunk and dashboard.
    * A Premium head unit with single CD and cassette

Everything else on this vehicle is identical to the Standard model. Whilst this vehicle is not listed in any sales literature, in Saudi Arabia it is available with a choice of different colors. In Kuwait, this model is only available in black (due to market size), and costs KWD 6,000 (approximately $22,000 USD).

post-6726-1200710116_thumb.jpg

post-6726-1200710123_thumb.jpg

post-6726-1200710132_thumb.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When a person says "I hate to say" right before saying something remotely positive about a Crown Vic, that doesn't exactly give the impression you like them.

I hate to say....you would be wrong, I still admire the Panthers. I don't get whipped up in a frenzy over them, but I don't dislike them. Nice back peddle though.

Edit: Also, quite scary that you had to search my posts back over 4 months to find that little gem...me talking about the Hyundai Genesis interior:

I hate to say, that would be great in a Crown Vic.

What's with I-Drive looking thing?

Oy vay. :rolleyes:

Edited by Intrepidatious

yeah they sell the long-wheelbase Marquis with buckets and a console over there too. so what? all it proves is ford of the middle east is more responsive to their customer base than ford NA.

this isn't new...

I'm not looking for a "This country sells better stuff then this country" thread. I'm actually surprised over the fact everyone thought this was a joke/photoshop a few months back. I don't suppose you have anymore shots of this? Curious what the front 1/4 looks like with that grille....the pic attached is too close-up.

Edit...nevermind, found one of the old spy pics:

CrownVic600.jpg

Edited by Intrepidatious

I think consensus, last time this came up was it was a Middle East special edition, in no small part due to the exceptionally non-standard use of the old Ford shield (something which, I believe, died here as an obscure reference on the hubcaps of 80s Ford vans and pickups).

hubcap_72-Ford-F150.jpg

At any rate, this thread won't be closed because you can't really derail a panther oriented thread into a debate about panthers, now can you?

If this has already been posted...who cares, the Mafia will talk about it again anyway. Didn't we see spy shots of this a while ago and everyone assumed it was a bad photoshop?

I remember reading about this "Special Edition" package somewhere a while back.

That update here would bring the Panther right back into the new Ford NA lineup!!

We need that here NOW and bring the CV back to retail, that would light up the sales charts.

[/sarcasm]

I remember reading about this "Special Edition" package somewhere a while back.

That update here would bring the Panther right back into the new Ford NA lineup!!

We need that here NOW and bring the CV back to retail, that would light up the sales charts.

Now to mention actually stock them on lots, not order the sales guys to chase people out of them, and include them in some Ford TV commercials for the first time this millennium.

[/sarcasm]

Fixed.

Edited by Armada Master

At any rate, this thread won't be closed because you can't really derail a panther oriented thread into a debate about panthers, now can you?

Euro Focus

Euro Focus

Euro Focus

Euro Focus

Euro Focus

Euro Focus

Euro Focus

Euro Focus

Euro Focus

Euro Focus

Euro Focus

Euro Focus

Euro Focus

Euro Focus

Euro Focus

Euro Focus

Euro Focus

Euro Focus

Euro Focus

Euro Focus

:stirpot:

I haven't visited that thread in a few days. It is what it is meant be; a pig sty in which assorted panther fanatics can wallow in their opinions to their hearts content. Anyone not a panther fanatic enters at their own risk.

If you cheerleaders would stop bringing the Panthers up in every other damn thread, there would be no need for the "other" thread.

If you cheerleaders would stop bringing the Panthers up in every other damn thread, there would be no need for the "other" thread.

And, it would help if some of you didn't think they were the greatest thing ever....where is Mark Morrow with his sermon about the blue oval and the panther when you need him?