Ford Ka spy shots

Edstock

Given that it shares its chassis with the Fiat 500, will this chassis be used anywhere else in Ford's lineup? Are there any plans for this chassis to become the basis of the next Focus (in stretched form), for example?

The reason for asking - if it did share its chassis with another forthcoming product, like the Focus, that would potentially open the door for production for NA, ifit shared its chassis with another future NA-bound product. And, with fuel economy being such a big deal in the years to come, I'd love to see Ford bring this product into NA under the Verve.

Given that it shares its chassis with the Fiat 500, will this chassis be used anywhere else in Ford's lineup? Are there any plans for this chassis to become the basis of the next Focus (in stretched form), for example?

The reason for asking - if it did share its chassis with another forthcoming product, like the Focus, that would potentially open the door for production for NA, ifit shared its chassis with another future NA-bound product. And, with fuel economy being such a big deal in the years to come, I'd love to see Ford bring this product into NA under the Verve.

uh - NO

this is one model chassis only for Ka and fiat 500

Focus will continue on C1's upgraded cousin ( aka C2)

Fieats and its derivatives will be built on the new global B2xx pkatform.

Everything bigger than Focus and FWD/AWD will be eventually indirectly based on the C2/.Focus.

Igor

With a deisel this will be sporting amazing gas mileage.............do you think it would be worth Ford to bring an A size to the US via the KA? It would certainly help meet cafe standards but I don't see it selling in great numbers, if they could bring it over from Brazil(I assume it will be produced there) and maybe they will be able to sell it as a profit in a small number of sales per month. The only issue is Fords overgrown dealership numbers, they would need a lot of supply just to provide one to every dealer.

Importing an A size doesn't help domestic CAFE.

IMO the BMW Isetta market is one that is best reopened by another car company. One with loads of credibility to squander and squander and squander.

I dunno....little A car could perhaps give birth to Fords take on the whole "Scion" idea.....and a small diesel? my guess is they ( if priced competitively....say <15k ) would fly off the racks everytime gas hit 4 bux....course...big question is would they be profitable/ beneficial to the big picture....

IMHO, the Smart for 2 basically covers the market.

IMHO, the Ka-size is just too small for most North Americans, and the money to federalize it could be much better spent elsewhere. For example,if gas went to $5-6, the market for luxury B/C-size diesel/EcoBoost vehicles will grow considerably. So, I'd rather see a really high-end interior Verve — call it a Ghia SEL or whatever.