What's one more?

fxcomet

Toyota Sienna liftgate gets the "warranty favor" treatment from Toyota....Does it never end?

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2008...a_liftgate.html

I think it's rediculous that they can get away with calling all their recalls "warranty adjustments."

Think of how much more press they'd get if they were called recalls, oh wait, it's Toyota, they wouldn't anyways.

Edited by rmc523

I think it's rediculous that they can get away with calling all their recalls "warranty adjustments."

Think of how much more press they'd get if they were called recalls, oh wait, it's Toyota, they wouldn't anyways.

Why is it so bad?

The tactic works and was a clever solution.

It's not their fault Detroit was dumb enough to not think about doing that first.

Why is it so bad?

The tactic works and was a clever solution.

It's not their fault Detroit was dumb enough to not think about doing that first.

At least Ford is able to admit that there's a problem and issue a recall. With Toyota, it's a "warranty adjustment" even though it should be a recall.

tommy8768 should be along shortly to put some spin on this.

After he gets through fixing all those Siennas in the service bay.

At least Im making money you asswipe!!! My buddy who works at Ford down the street made 20 hours last week!!!! I had a slow week at Toyota I made 56 hrs(My normal is around 70-75).... I will spin right down to the bank while my poor friend works at the Ford dealer that looks like a ghost town. As far as Siennas go yes the rear hatch pistons are sucky....and the sliding doors and the front doors suck when the check rips out of the sheetmetal. But what Ive said all along is ITS NOT ANY DIFFERENT THEN WHAT HAPPENS TO FORD, GM OR ANY OTHER AUTOMAKER!!!!! What about Taurus and Explorer ball joints? Those should have been recalled. Plenty of shit at Ford should have been recalled but was'nt....I know I worked there for 2-1/2 years. So Toyota puts new pistons on your Van for nothing....on the back door thats been open and closed 27000 times to unload, kids,dogs,groceries etc... I guess they can afford to do it unlike some companies who deny everything after the warranty is up.... :stirpot:

At least Im making money you asswipe!!! My buddy who works at Ford down the street made 20 hours last week!!!! I had a slow week at Toyota I made 56 hrs(My normal is around 70-75)....

Yes, this speaks volumes about Toyota "quality".

What a friggin idiot. Are you sure you don't work for Ford? You make Toyota look worse with every moronic post you write. :hysterical:

At least Im making money you asswipe!!! My buddy who works at Ford down the street made 20 hours last week!!!! I had a slow week at Toyota I made 56 hrs(My normal is around 70-75).... I will spin right down to the bank while my poor friend works at the Ford dealer that looks like a ghost town. As far as Siennas go yes the rear hatch pistons are sucky....and the sliding doors and the front doors suck when the check rips out of the sheetmetal. But what Ive said all along is ITS NOT ANY DIFFERENT THEN WHAT HAPPENS TO FORD, GM OR ANY OTHER AUTOMAKER!!!!! What about Taurus and Explorer ball joints? Those should have been recalled. Plenty of shit at Ford should have been recalled but was'nt....I know I worked there for 2-1/2 years. So Toyota puts new pistons on your Van for nothing....on the back door thats been open and closed 27000 times to unload, kids,dogs,groceries etc... I guess they can afford to do it unlike some companies who deny everything after the warranty is up.... :stirpot:

he is trying to spin it that, his Ford Service worker only worked 20 hours.. nothing to fix.. but him at toyota worked 56 hours, alot to fix...

hmmmm.. sorry to early, i must be reading into that wrong right?

good one.....

Toyota Sienna liftgate gets the "warranty favor" treatment from Toyota....Does it never end?

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2008...a_liftgate.html

Why should Toyota replace the hatch struts if they are working perfectly. It's not like it's a potential to burn down your house in the middle of the night. It's not like they issued a recall, but somehow never seem to have the parts to perform the recall.

Notice the article just below the Sienna article.

he is trying to spin it that, his Ford Service worker only worked 20 hours.. nothing to fix.. but him at toyota worked 56 hours, alot to fix...

hmmmm.. sorry to early, i must be reading into that wrong right?

Sounds to me like Toyota vehicles have more problems than Ford vehicles.

No you fucking morons we are flatrate....So I was actually in the building for 45 hrs and produced 56 hours of business.....he was in his shop for 40 and only produced 20 due to being slow. I thought you guys knew everything about the auto industry....go over to flatratetech.com you'll see all about the fun of being a Ford tech. Bye for now you simpletons!!! :rockon:

No you fucking morons we are flatrate....So I was actually in the building for 45 hrs and produced 56 hours of business.....he was in his shop for 40 and only produced 20 due to being slow. I thought you guys knew everything about the auto industry....go over to flatratetech.com you'll see all about the fun of being a Ford tech. Bye for now you simpletons!!! :rockon:

Hope your production rates grow with the volume of garbage Toyota keeps putting out. I'm sure you'll have your hands full well into the evening hours. Oh, wait... You can't work nights where you work because you go "CRUISING" and enjoying your evening hobby don't you?

Yes, this speaks volumes about Toyota "quality".

What a friggin idiot. Are you sure you don't work for Ford? You make Toyota look worse with every moronic post you write. :hysterical:

Toyota dealers are friggin slammed with work all the time, many have 24 hour service shifts. That must be a lot of oil changes.....

Toyota just took the lowest-cost approach as usual, there are probably thousands of people that have issues, but they'll throw it out in a letter to customers, I would bet making it look more like junk mail then something important. If someone comes in without a letter or knowledge, I am sure they will charge for replacement. Also most likely at a cost that's high enough to cover any of the 'free' ones they have to replace. What has always facinated me is that someone trading in an import can have a large stack of service records and repairs over an average amount of time and tell you how 'reliable' it is, even if its a Civic that had over $4000 worth of out-of-warranty repairs over 75K miles. Many people will live with the bad struts, others will just go in and pay an exuberent price and love every minute of it because its just another 'investment' for their beloved reliable car.

Edited by kevinb120

I have to agree with you last statement. I know people just like that. My brother-in-law has a camry and I saw a list of services from his local dealer. From looking at the menu, a Toyota requires more maintenance than the over-the-road trucks I maintain. I also have a co-worker that says Japanese cars have the best resale value, but his Honda eats rear tires due to bad alignment and his transmission was rebuilt under warranty. My wife's 01 GM minivan has only been to the dealer once in the 5yrs,50k miles that I have owned it. A switch went out in the park brake lever that redered the cruise control inop, yet American vehicles are "junk".

Edited by sprtch06

Somehow I don't see Flatratetech.com putting up with your behavior. Or am I wrong?

You must use a different name over there and act much more politely huh?

Peace and Blessings