09 Milan / 10 MKZ Spy Shots

igor

http://www.leftlanenews.com/mercury-milan-future.html

They call it a Milan, but I would bet $2 that it is the MKZ. Based on the grille alone this does not seem to be a Mercury.

Also note on picture 2: Adjustable rear headrests - something not present on current models.

The rest seems pretty standard expect for the current Fusion tail :D

oh and lets not forget the leaked rendering of the upcoming MKS:

09mkz.jpg

Igor

They call it a Milan, but I would bet $2 that it is the MKZ. Based on the grille alone this does not seem to be a Mercury.

Also note on picture 2: Adjustable rear headrests - something not present on current models.

09mkz.jpg

Igor

pretty nice....slim the headlights a little please...same with the MASSIVE rears.........distinctive though...

Those are two different cars. The first two pics show white spots on a black car... the third has black spots on a white car. And it's not just schizophrenic paint on different sides... because if you look closely at the roofs, they are different also.

Now... "how do you see a zebra?" :D

Different wheels also....which I really like, but in all seriousness the grill on the it looks like current Sable Grill more then the new Lincoln spilt waterfall grill

I want to know how they paint the car like that. They slap a film template on the car and paint it a contrasting color?

Anyway, I renew my demands for the Zubaz edition

Just guessing, but the film could be clear with the black or white spots already on it, and they just cover everything with it. Find out who makes the film, and all you MI residents can drive Priddy & Co. stark raving nuts. :)

As to the pictures, I have to agree with one poster on LLN that the vertical bars aren't on the grille, they're on the cover. The grille behind them looks more solid, like a Fusion 3-bar grille. It has spots, too.

Edited by syrtran

If that's a Milan, it's getting a bigger revision than I had expected - different window line & different door skins. The picture appears to have different proportions than a CD3 car - it looks taller, more like a D3 - but the elements look pretty much like a Milan (door cuts, roof/trunk transition, etc.) Whatever, it's not a Lincoln - you can see the "edges" of the headlamps through the camouflage and they don't wrap around like the MKS, which is almost certain to carry to the new MKZ.

Scott

09mkz.jpg

Igor

I can't quite tell what it is. The black center piece in the grille leads me to believe its MKZ, but as silversvt said, the bars (and headlights) look like Milan/Mercury type elements to me.

Also, those look like the current Fusion's taillights.

Those are two different cars. The first two pics show white spots on a black car... the third has black spots on a white car. And it's not just schizophrenic paint on different sides... because if you look closely at the roofs, they are different also.

Now... "how do you see a zebra?" :D

Good eye. I noticed the wheels as well.

Just guessing, but the film could be clear with the black or white spots already on it, and they just cover everything with it. Find out who makes the film, and all you MI residents can drive Priddy & Co. stark raving nuts. :)

As to the pictures, I have to agree with one poster on LLN that the vertical bars aren't on the grille, they're on the cover. The grille behind them looks more solid, like a Fusion 3-bar grille. It has spots, too.

I'm not sure about the painted vertical bars. They look real to me, I think they're spotted, without a 3 bar behind them.

I think the first two are Milans, and the 3rd is a Fusion. That's my guess.

Neither are MKZ.

On the MKZ, there's a small plastic piece that continues the chrome beltline as well, this is absent on these mules. See attached pictures.

Not to mention, the license plate is on the trunk lid. The current Milan and MKZ both have the plate in the bumper. Which leads me to think that it is in fact the Fusion!

Screw that, get a white car and a black paint-covered sponge...my guess on how they do it, notice how a few smear and the black paint looks inconsistent, I have a white car, maybe I can hit MI and convince em that the Merkur is coming back.

Love the new Milan though

Edited by MERKURXR4Ti

It doesnt matter if the license plate is on the trunk/bumper, thats an easy to modify feature. Ford did the switch with the Sable/Taurus as well doing it's refresh, so they could do it with the Milan as well.

I personally prefer the tag on the trunklid...let the bumper have more of a cushion to absorb the minor impacts.

It doesnt matter if the license plate is on the trunk/bumper, thats an easy to modify feature. Ford did the switch with the Sable/Taurus as well doing it's refresh, so they could do it with the Milan as well.

I personally prefer the tag on the trunklid...let the bumper have more of a cushion to absorb the minor impacts.

I thought they may have switched it (license plate), but I do think that's a Fusion.

I think the license plate placement looks varies on each car. Like on the Mustang, it looks fine down in the bumper, but on other cars, it doesn't look right (300 and DTS come to mind, since they have such a large trunk surface). I think the Milan's lower license plate looks ok though.