PRODUCTION KUGA

Edstock

WTF did they do to that Excursion....its about as useful as the Hummer H2 SUT

That is a 2000 concept from Ford.

Click

Ready to take on any challenge – from the remote desert to the wild jungle – the Ford Desert Excursion concept is the ultimate go-anywhere, do-anything truck. Based on the new Ford Excursion, the Desert Excursion has been customized to take on the most extreme weather conditions and terrain. The Excursion provides this desert-themed concept with a no-compromise foundation for the heavy-duty utility customer. Based on the Super Duty F-Series platform with the broadest range of product offerings in the class, the Excursion combines power and flexibility for the commercial-use customer combined with refinement and comfort for those looking for the ultimate personal-use, heavy-duty utility vehicle.

"Desert Excursion obliterates boundaries like no other vehicle," says J Mays, Ford Motor Company vice president of Design. "This ultimate ‘can do vehicle’ takes you where life is tough and the spoils of the city are left behind."

The Desert Excursion concept features a unique grille, front fascia and headlamps that are made of stronger, more durable materials. The steel bumper features integrated PIAA Ion Crystal navigator and fog lamps to light any treacherous path ahead.

Integrated side steps with rugged texture provide increased traction and improved entry and exit of the vehicle. Oversized wheels and tires give the Desert Excursion a commanding road presence, while providing the necessary ground clearance and ability to take on the most challenging turf. Desert Excursion is powered by Ford's powerful TritonÔ 6.8-liter SOHC V-10 engine, offering 310 horsepower and 425 foot-pounds of torque – the necessary muscle to plow through any obstacle.

The concept’s extreme-duty, weatherproof interior features four leather bucket seats with seating space for six people. The unique, functional instrument panel houses larger, easier-to-read gauges and an integrated navigation.

Aluminum tubing mounted in the headliner features leather grab handles to hang onto when traversing over bumpy terrain. Mesh door pockets and heavy-duty rubber floor mats add to the interior’s rugged characteristics.

The rear window and rear passenger seats fold down for improved loading capability, while the tailgate can be extended to increase the cargo capacity of the box. In addition, there is a securely mounted, removable cooler in the box.

Just too bad it has the V10. It needs the 7.3 PSD.

I think I still like the Escape more. It just seems...more capable. It looks tougher. Why do you say its outdated? The only thing wrong with it is the powertrains and arent they being updated? I've always thought the Escape is a very nice small SUV. Have the people on here saying its outdated ever driven an Escape? Is the Kuga smaller?

The Kuga looks good. Escape is outdated. Dump the Escape bring the Kuga. Look at how well the CRV is selling. With the Kuga, Ford has a shot at their kind of sales. Besides Ford is moving to a global platform. That only says Escape's days are numbered. Or at least in it's current platform.

CVR looks more like an Escape than a Kuga.

I think I still like the Escape more. It just seems...more capable. It looks tougher. Why do you say its outdated? The only thing wrong with it is the powertrains and arent they being updated? I've always thought the Escape is a very nice small SUV. Have the people on here saying its outdated ever driven an Escape? Is the Kuga smaller?

I have always loved the Ford Escape and after owning one I miss it very much. I do think that the square shouldered Escape probably appeals to people who like that more masculine rugged look like a Jeep where a vehicle like the Kuga appeals to those who like the contemporary curves and proportions. Each has it's place I suppose.

For me the Escape has a classic shape that is timeless like a Mustang. I am just not keen on the new front end that looks like it was recycled from an early 1980's Ranger. The interior upgrades are good as well as the rear end styling. I do think they wasted a lot of money making the body slab sided when all they needed to do was just the front and rear a facelift the same way the Asian Escapes have evolved.

I do like the Kuga for what it is. The kinetic design language is very appealing and is a consistant theme throughout all the new FoE cars.

wrong interior - did you forget, or lie?

Seems you both lied and forgot reading comprehension.

I commented how they rehashed the C-Max interior and lamented we got the fleet queen instead.

suv_guy_19 brought up the Edge, its equivalent would be the S-Max.

It's too bad you're just another blind cheerleader now, not the Igor of old.

Yeah, Ford!! How dare you rush the Edge like you did and make it the best-selling midsize CUV in the country within a year of its release!!!!

First you tried to link FOE's excellence with FNA's incompetent production team with the Verve.

Now you're playing dumb about the horrible work they did with the Edge's interior.

You get the official BON emoticon for blind :cheerleader:

:bowdown:

And P71 is right. I feel sorry for those people who have to suffer every day with "ooohs" and "aaahs" from friends, which quickly turn into "ewwws" and sighs once they actually get them IN the thing, immediately becoming the object of infinite ridicule about paying that much for a half-baked vehicle. Have fun justifying how it's ok that your 36k+ Edge has a headliner --which hangs down like a tent-- made from the worst kind of mousefur imaginable, gets cheap, clickity-click loud switchgear, and materials so hard they make a diamond feel like a marshmallow.

Edited by pcsario

Seems you both lied and forgot reading comprehension.

I commented how they rehashed the C-Max interior and lamented we got the fleet queen instead.

suv_guy_19 brought up the Edge, its equivalent would be the S-Max.

It's too bad you're just another blind cheerleader now, not the Igor of old.

The S Maxis not an Edge equivalent. Different style, different seating number, different market entirely. I simply view you as an annoyance and an idiot as things stand now, so I'm not saying anything further.

Edited by suv_guy_19

S-Max is offered as either a 5 or 7 seater, EUCD based, just like Edge is CD3 based, interior dimensions are similar, etc.

Like two books with similar content but different covers.

BTW, I don't go around calling people idiots, morons, etc. like you do, sorry.

You're someone who acts like a kid, and even manage to make Ford fans feel embarrased to be on your side, that's how bad your fanatism is.

Really don't have anything against Igor, it's just that he used to be neutral, now he's just a more versed version of you.

Edited by pcsario

S-Max is offered as either a 5 or 7 seater.

I don't call people idiots, morons, etc. like you do, sorry.

You're seen as someone who's younger than the age you say you have, like a kid defending Santa's existance.

I don't usually do such things either, but you are worthy of the title...I mean after all....FNA's quality is all erginomics....and Mercury isn't Ford.

The Simple fact is that from a styling and marketing point, the S-Max is really nothing like the Edge. You really have no credibility with many people here. If you had any objectivity, you would see that I often defend other brands, not only Ford. Honda, Chrysler, Ford, Toyota, etc. I like many of their products. You won't see me defend GM....but thats just me.

No matter what I drive, Ford will always have a special place with me. I see that things are improving, people like you don't. You've hated so much and so long that you've gone blind. Its almost sad....almost.

You've done that with other people too, playing dumb now won't change that fact.

A lot of double standards with you as well. Overrating awards given to the Fusion, while downplaying those for the competition.

Folks don't want to get their bubble burst, so I really don't give a shit about whaty you think of me as long as those issues continue.

Of course you'll always see the glass half full, you're the kind of "yes men" that got FNA in the mess they're today in the first place.

The people who are turning things around now are doing the things we've said they should do for years, which is why Mulally was named the official BON grouch upon arrival. You want to see something that's sad? Look no further than a self-proclaimed Ford "fan"... who downplays most things from the best division of FoMoCo and is an apologist for all the things that harmed and sank Ford NA.

You've done that with other people too, playing dumb now won't change that fact.

A lot of double standards with you as well. Overrating awards given to the Fusion, while downplaying those for the competition.

Folks don't want to get their bubble burst, so I really don't give a shit about whaty you think of me as long as those issues continue.

Of course you'll always see the glass half full, you're the kind of "yes men" that got FNA in the mess they're today in the first place.

The people who are turning things around now are doing the things we've said they should do for years, which is why Mulally was named the official BON grouch upon arrival. You want to see something that's sad? Look no further than a self-proclaimed Ford "fan"... who downplays most things from the best division of FoMoCo and is an apologist for all the things that harmed and sank Ford NA.

You still lack credibility, and if you haven't seen that I often defend other companies and products, then you really are blind. The biggest difference between us is that overall, I m more welcomed and liked here..and I would imagine most places....because I like to look at things in the positive, and not find the cloud in every silver lining.....but I'm not responding anymore, because its hopeless.

The S Maxis not an Edge equivalent. Different style, different seating number, different market entirely. I simply view you as an annoyance and an idiot as things stand now, so I'm not saying anything further.

2 hours and 9 minutes later and you post this:

I don't usually do such things either, but you are worthy of the title...I mean after all....FNA's quality is all erginomics....and Mercury isn't Ford.

The Simple fact is that from a styling and marketing point, the S-Max is really nothing like the Edge. You really have no credibility with many people here. If you had any objectivity, you would see that I often defend other brands, not only Ford. Honda, Chrysler, Ford, Toyota, etc. I like many of their products. You won't see me defend GM....but thats just me.

Then this:

You still lack credibility, and if you haven't seen that I often defend other companies and products, then you really are blind. The biggest difference between us is that overall, I m more welcomed and liked here..and I would imagine most places....because I like to look at things in the positive, and not find the cloud in every silver lining.....but I'm not responding anymore, because its hopeless.

Oh well...look at the bright side, you have a memory longer than my grandpa's...which is, and I am NOT joking, about 15 seconds...if that.

There is only one company I will blindly follow...and that is Canon...which is a Japanese company. And I am proud to blindly follow a Japanese company because the American camera manufactures build shit. I wouldn't take a Kodak if it was given to me FREE.

Other than that...I like what makes me feel good. I like some GMs, Toyotas, Hondas, Mercedes, Jags, hell even that car Richard Hammond drove in Top Gear's African special. It all comes down to what makes me happy...and Ford NA makes me vomit.

and Ford NA makes me vomit.

Yet you drive around a car made by them that is totally out of date and exert so much time and effort on a message board that caters mostly to the North American audience....

I always though negative stimuli's of something was meant to keep people from doing something over again, but I guess you like vomiting for some strange reason...