New Falcon Revealed!

Watchdevil

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I have very bad vision, I can always spot the lights. :shades:

On :redcard:s, anyway. It's harder with Impalas, but I got the newer ones figured out.

BACK ON TOPIC, however, ummm.... I've said it before, I'll say it again. Like the idea, but the body needs to look a little bit more modern. Add on AWD as an option (for ice, not snow), and I'm fully on board.

The CVs cops are relatively easy to spot. As you said, Impalas are hard to tell. I've notice the Chargers are hard to tell as well, since some people like to dark tint their windows even on cheaper models (this was happening before the police package was available.), making it harder to spot undercover Chargers. That's one advantage of switching vehicles, drivers aren't used to the new vehicles as cop cars.

The CVs cops are relatively easy to spot. As you said, Impalas are hard to tell. I've notice the Chargers are hard to tell as well, since some people like to dark tint their windows even on cheaper models (this was happening before the police package was available.), making it harder to spot undercover Chargers. That's one advantage of switching vehicles, drivers aren't used to the new vehicles as cop cars.

Here's a clue for you about the (newer) Impalas:

Dual exhaust, but NO trim level (i.e. it won't say LS, LT, LTZ, or SS after "Impala"). :ninja: :ninja:

I'm game...

I'm not, new fullsize B-O-F Panther please....

If I want a unibody RWD midside sedan with balls, I'll go buy a Charger. And it actually looks aggressive and doesn't have to look like a rabid raccoon in the process.

Impressive hip room though for a midsized car.

Edited by Armada Master

Hey, Ford's not the only one doing the ricer-chrome/Focus taillights:

LeftRear.jpg

RightRear.jpg

The difference is that those look good as opposed to Fords...puke.gif

I know a parent of a kid at my school is an undercover cop. She obviously drives a :redcard: . The few giveaways for here "undercover" car are the usual cheap (but decent looking, for a cop car) chrome hubcaps, dark tinted windows, multiple antennae, and two LED lightbar/squares in the grille.

Yeah...I love the UC cars that try so hard to blend in...but then you have 6 antennas on the trunk...:hysterical:

The NA 4.0 with ZF 6 speed auto regularly cracks imperial 40 mpg on highway running.

Bit thirsty around town, Euro City cycle 10.1 litres/100 klm.

New CEO down here is keen to check out export potential.

As a RHD car with the turn signal stalk on the correct side, it should have a walk up start.

Let's watch Ford find every excuse not to export a RHD car to a RHD country.

Falcon's styling had to be kinetic, the showroom is Fiesta, Focus, Mondeo.

The NA 4.0 with ZF 6 speed auto regularly cracks imperial 40 mpg on highway running.

Bit thirsty around town, Euro City cycle 10.1 litres/100 klm.

New CEO down here is keen to check out export potential.

As a RHD car with the turn signal stalk on the correct side, it should have a walk up start.

Let's watch Ford find every excuse not to export a RHD car to a RHD country.

Falcon's styling had to be kinetic, the showroom is Fiesta, Focus, Mondeo.

Who was the little tinker that introduced those headlight surrounds they don't look kinetic enough were they sacked?

Kinetic Boredom what you need to do is Escape

08escape_boredom2.jpg

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

FG Falcon GT engine bay with Boss 302 (5.4 4V with 302 Kw -405 Hp)

FG_GT_BOSS_302.jpg

Why can't we get more pretty engine bays like that? Attention to small details like what the vehicle looks like under the hood are things customers really do notice. The LOOK of the engine bay itself is one of the many things that attracted me to my '97 Cobra. Can't we at least get some nice engine covers on Lincolns? The underhood view on the MKZ is pathetic for a luxury car.

Why can't we get more pretty engine bays like that? Attention to small details like what the vehicle looks like under the hood are things customers really do notice. The LOOK of the engine bay itself is one of the many things that attracted me to my '97 Cobra. Can't we at least get some nice engine covers on Lincolns? The underhood view on the MKZ is pathetic for a luxury car.

It's a shame it was not a nice diesel Nick

r8engine.jpg

Was your Cobra gas engine one of those truck engines that Ford use Nick

It's a hand-assembled aluminum block 4.6 4-valve with a forged crank. You ain't finding that in any Ford truck. The only other vehicles that have used that engine were the Mercury Marauder, Mustang Mach 1, a model of MG, a couple of Panoz's, the Mangusta, and a variant of it was used in the Koeniggsegg CCR. Nothing truckish on that list.

Edited by NickF1011

RHD exports? Exactly how many RHD countries does he think there are? The two off the top of my head are the UK and Japan. Its a bit big to have much success in Japan. The UK has gone all enviro-nazi on cars larger than a golf cart, so it won't make much headway there either. The few units they could hope to shift at either place would not be economically feasable once you added in the cost of shipping them and prepping them for the target country.

Does anyone know of any other large RHD countries that would be willing markets? The Cayman Islands? New Zealand? The Faulklands? The Bahamas? None of those are anywhere near large enough to make a significant impact on the bottom line (well, New Zealand, but they are often lumped in with Australia to being with).

RHD exports? Exactly how many RHD countries does he think there are? The two off the top of my head are the UK and Japan. Its a bit big to have much success in Japan. The UK has gone all enviro-nazi on cars larger than a golf cart, so it won't make much headway there either. The few units they could hope to shift at either place would not be economically feasable once you added in the cost of shipping them and prepping them for the target country.

Does anyone know of any other large RHD countries that would be willing markets? The Cayman Islands? New Zealand? The Faulklands? The Bahamas? None of those are anywhere near large enough to make a significant impact on the bottom line (well, New Zealand, but they are often lumped in with Australia to being with).

Well, it's a whole lot cheaper and simpler to export to RHD countries even if the markets are somewhat limited than it would be to do LHD conversions to sell to other larger markets. I think FoA will hold off on that idea until GRWD is ready, at which point the production for LHD variants could probably be done elsewhere for cheaper.

800px-Countries_driving_on_the_left_or_right.svg.png

And Indonesia, Malaysia, South Africa...all tiny places. :lol:

They only sold 1300 Ford Falcons last month so l hope new Falcon turns things around they look like the need to expand their markets a bit with the new model, as dealers aren’t as upbeat about the prospect of a Falcon revival according to this news...

http://yahoo.drive.com.au/Editorial/Articl...ArticleID=48027

It's a shame it was not a nice diesel Nick

r8engine.jpg

Google has failed you this time Jelly!

That's not the Audi diesel, that's the ~420bhp V8 RS4/R8 gasoline engine! (Largely designed/developed by Cosworth aswell)

Anyway Ford has it's own superb V6 and V8 diesels that they designed and produced for JLR (and PSA for the V6).

RHD exports? Exactly how many RHD countries does he think there are?

LHD exports would open up far more opportunities but sometimes you work with what you got.

The export numbers we're seeking for the Falcon is not massive - about 10,000 RHD if possible.

The thought is reintroduction to South Africa, probing India and the UK may produce results.

By changing the C2 Focus production to Australia in 2011 instead of South Africa,

Ford Australia's exports nearly double from a current 8,000 to 15,000. It was hoped this strategy

would give broadmeadows and Geelong enough additional manufacturing to see Falcon through

to adoption of the GRWD platform, when a much better strategy would be in play.

Near cousin Territory get an update and a Turbo diesel option next year , hopefully the

Falcon will receive the diesel V6 as well.

As the FG Falcon is LHD preserved, much of the ground work is done and the majority of the

process involves a LHD Dashboard module which includes facia, brakes, steering, wiper mech.

Ancilliaries like Steering racks, LHD headlamps, LHD driver's seat are also factored in.