New Falcon Revealed!

Watchdevil

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The interior is nice but the exterior certainly is not a breathtaking departure from the previous model. It's basically new skin on old structure and platform improvements, the same way Ford of NA has redesigned a few models lately...

When I look at the interior, I see that it is nice, but nothing to get excited about. it seems to be how Aussies prefer it.

Its Australia Mac. Not all that impressive visually either.

Is it Taurus sized or Fusion Sized?

Its OK looking. But I liked those three Euro Fords that Ford LOL or who ever posted in the other thread way better.

I remember driving the old 3 cyl Fiestas at my work. Little stick. Hit a mailbox and you may kill your passenger.

But I really liked the looks of the Fiesta. Never thought I would be able to say that in my life time! :)

Peace and Blessings

Is it Taurus sized or Fusion Sized?

Its OK looking. But I liked those three Euro Fords that Ford LOL or who ever posted in the other thread way better.

I remember driving the old 3 cyl Fiestas at my work. Little stick. Hit a mailbox and you may kill your passenger.

But I really liked the looks of the Fiesta. Never thought I would be able to say that in my life time! :)

Peace and Blessings

Taurus sized for the most part. Its RWD and can be very powerful.

Did it ever occurr to anyone the Falcon build proces was completely changed to align with

North American processes particularly, Mustang?

At least we won't be belly aching over Taurus and that other car which of we do not speak but, I will!

The new Falcon has the same internal dimensions as a Crown Victoria (:redcard:).but externally,

it is barely larger than a Fusion. Head room, Front/rear seat length, shoulder and Hip width

are now the same. Trunk is now 19 cu ft.

While it looks similar to the old model the Top Hat is completely changed and only 80% of the previous floorpan is used, Front suspension is borrowed from Territory and sets new handling standards.

The new Top hat corrects rear seat access and head room complaints. The body shape is absolutely

stunning and follows the Mondeo's styling.

Big talk is use of Territory virtual pivot Front Suspension for brilliant steering response.

Also saves 55 lb (22 Kg) over Double Wishbone predecessor

FG_Front_suspension.jpg

FG_Falcon_suspensions.jpg

FG_Falcon_G6E.jpg

FG_Falcon_XR6.jpg

Edited by jpd80

How many times you going to troll with the same answer, at least this is a REAL Ford.

I hope it sells like the Camry too!

I don't know what that means but it represents everything I'm sick of from Ford NA and I am not prepared to accept it from Australia either.

Edited by BORG

I don't know what that means but it represents everything I'm sick of from Ford NA and I am not prepared to accept it from Australia either.

Relax, it's not to be exported, you don't have to buy it.

a lot of people here like it, maybe your tastes are not the same as others?

Just remember, our styling tastes are more Euro, perfect for a showroom with

Euros like Fiesta, C1 Focus and Mondeo - what our dealers sell here.

Edited by jpd80

Like the interior; it looks functional.

However, the exterior leaves something to be desired, as several have said. It's not visually appealing enough for this market. Though I do like the top two pictures the best. (G-Series and XR, are they?)

You know what my concern is? The Falcon, Mondeo, Verve, and Fiesta may end up looking like scale drawings of one another.

Can't be mad about 258 HP, 282 lb-ft from a 6 though...

Edited by papilgee4evaeva

You know what my concern is? The Falcon, Mondeo, Verve, and Fiesta may end up looking like scale drawings of one another.

That's the plan for global markets and why the Falcon won't be imported to the USA.

FNA can take everything under the skin and make their own Top Hat - something that suits there.

That's in stark contrast to GM trying to shove a Zeta Commodore down Pontiac fans throats as G8.

Just remember, bland sells, 450,000 Camrys/year is no a mistake!

Edited by jpd80

It looks better than the current mess Ford sells over there. This one also appears to sport a very similar greenhouse to the outgoing model (that's for those of you that complain about FoA doing the same thing).

I like it, the interior is leaps and bounds better than the 'meh' we see in the Taurus (or almost anything in its class 300/Charger/Avalon/Azera/Lacrosse/Maxima). The outside looks decent too, although the rear looks a bit dull.