New Falcon Revealed!

Watchdevil

:hysterical:

What chance do either of us have, your car is boring, our new Falcon is boring, everything is boring! :stirpot:

XR8_3_700.jpg

But yet the Taurus...and the Fusion are exciting......yeah right.

You see, these are the lengths the :cheerleader: will go to, to FOOL themselves into believing that Ford NA builds desirable vehicles. The are completely blind to the fact that they make bland appliances and the Fords elsewhere COMPLETELY OUTCLASS the junk they build here.

It's not the car that scares people, it's the person(s) inside it.

Okay...thats why people never pass me.

Edited by P71_CrownVic

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But yet the Taurus...and the Fusion are exciting......yeah right.

You see, these are the lengths the :cheerleader: will go to, to FOOL themselves into believing that Ford NA builds desirable vehicles. The are completely blind to the fact that they make bland appliances and the Fords elsewhere COMPLETELY OUTCLASS the junk they build here.

Okay...thats why people never pass me.

I like it...typical Aussie understated styling, but they look GREAT in the flesh...I think i'm even more excited out the potential of the chassis actully coming stateside...P...this could literally be the basis for the :redcard: replacement we need.....

The :redcard:s that never used to be in police duty are easily distinguishable as not being cops. Those that WERE used as interceptors though...
Depends. Some of the unmarked cruisers around here are your garden variety :redcard: 's without any of the PI stuff.

Some PIs came equipped with the SAP (Street Appearance Package). Basically, they have a Civi grill, body-color rear fascia, and chrome trim under the tail lights

you poser! and not really, could be Ma and Pa Kettle on the way to Vons for their incontinence medication.

Not in a black and white...:hysterical:

Some PIs came equipped with the SAP (Street Appearance Package). Basically, they have a Civi grill, body-color rear fascia, and chrome trim under the tail lights

Not in a black and white...:hysterical:

whos to say that wasn't just the result of two cans purchased at Kragen auto parts? Play song "I wanna be a cowboy...." And down here they have reverted to sneaky plain whites....just like some of the :redcard: drivers diapers.....

Edited by Deanh

Funny thing, I come on here and see this is in it's 5 page.

I know automatically then, that,

1) it is no longer about the original topic and..

2) there's a pissing contest going on and....

3) it's about crown vic's

Bitch and whine, piss and moan, ford sucks/no it's great, you suck.....and the stupidity goes on and on.

I say lock every topic to 1 or 2 pages because after that it gets stupid..EVERY TIME!

Keep to the subject!

NEW FALCON: launch control and anti-lag for muscular turbo six (February 2008)

http://carpoint.com.au/

Developed by Ford Australia's own engineering team, the new I6 Turbo pumps out 270kW at 5250rpm (25kW over the current standard turbo six) while peak torque has increased by 53Nm to 533Nm from 2000-4750rpm. Perhaps the most telling statistic is the fact that over 420Nm is available from 1250rpm through to 5750rpm.

The engine also uses what Ford terms 'adaptive variable camshaft timing' to reduce turbo lag. Two modes are used -- the base in normal driving "to maximise fuel efficiency while still providing maximum power and torque" and the other "adjusts cam angles in real time to minimise turbo lag and maximise engine response," Ford says.

Launch assistance is featured on I6 Turbos matched to Ford's new six-speed manual transmission and is activated when the vehicle is stationary with clutch fully disengaged. In this situation the electronic throttle limits engine revs to a maximum of 3500rpm by cutting fuel which in turn allows the 'cut' cylinders to 'spool' the turbo with cool fresh air. On releasing the clutch, all cylinders are reactivated and full torque is returned.

An interesting little feature for the sporty Turbo manual drivers.

The new Boss 290 engine replaces the Boss 260 in Ford's new sport-performance XR range. It features 'Cobra R' alloy cylinder-heads, domed high-comp pistons, a forged crankshaft and uprated conrods as well as high-lift cams and an Australian-manufactured tuned-length inlet manifold.

A new high-flow airbox and 75mm throttle body reduce inlet flow restrictions and stainless steel headers take care of the other end of the process.

But there's bigger news in the exhaust area, and it's a story about SAM -- the first Semi Active Muffler fitted to an Australian vehicle.

Essentially SAM is a muffler bypass valve that is operated by exhaust gas pressure. At low rpm, the spring loaded valve remains closed and the exhaust gasses pass through a series of baffles in the intermediate muffler. As exhaust gas pressure rises (around 2800rpm), the valve is opened offering an alternate path through the muffler.

According to Ford: "As a result the SAM provides a quiet internal cabin environment at idle and low engine speeds, while allowing a full, throaty V8 sound quality to be appreciated at higher engine speeds."

SAM valves have been used by Jaguar, and one-time Ford affiliate Aston Martin, on models like the XK8 and V8 Vantage sportscars.

Thanks to the freer breathing exhaust, the Boss 290 produces its peak power and torque 250 revs higher than its outgoing FPV equivalent (that's expected to top the 310kW mark when details are released in May). The XR8's Boss 290's peak power is at 5750rpm with peak torque of 520Nm at 4750rpm.

Exhaust is going to sound sweet!

Time is running out for Falcon's inline six, but you wouldn't know it given the depth of redevelopment the locally sired engine has undergone for its role in the new FG Falcon range.

A new DOHC cylinder-head design, a composite variable-length tuned intake manifold and other changes have resulted in an engine with 200kW potential. Indeed, even when using 91RON fuel, the engine produces 195kW.

The FG's inline 24-valve six retains Ford's dual independent variable camshaft timing (DIVCT) but gets revised engine calibration to produce what Ford Australia says is "its best inline six-cylinder engine package yet".

As noted above, maximum power has increased by 5kW to 195kW at 6000rpm. Torque meantime is up 8Nm to 391Nm at 3250rpm.

When run on 95RON fuel, peak power and torque outputs rise to 198kW and 409Nm respectively. And says Ford: "Courtesy of the engine's dual knock sensors and individual spark control, customers can obtain even further performance benefits from using 98 RON premium unleaded fuel."

One of the most obvious changes to the engine is the new inlet manifold. The elaborately ribbed composite component incorporates a new electronic throttle body and fuel rail assembly as well as a Manifold Tuning Valve (MTV) which effectively 'tunes' the length of inlet tract to maximize torque throughout the rev range.

The component's design has been optimised to reduce unwanted noise and delivers a weight saving (4kg) as well as performance benefits.

Less visible but no less important is the six's new cylinder-head design. Used in both the I6 and I6 Turbo (see separate story), Ford's new 'fast burn' cylinder-head is claimed to deliver high levels of combustion efficiency via revised intake port profiling and new combustion chamber.

The cylinder-head features a 'high-low' inlet port configuration that effectively aims the incoming fuel-air mixture at different parts of the cylinder to maximize the blending of the gases. In addition the combustion chamber shape has been altered and valve 'masking' has been used.

These features jointly produce more turbulence within the combustion chamber, which allows the ignition phasing to be retarded at part throttle and thus improves part-throttle performance and fuel efficiency, says Ford.

The development work on the updated engine was not outsourced but rather was performed using Ford Australia's own engineering resources.

4.0 Inline 6 is now nearly as powerful as Ford's 4.6 V8!

Edited by jpd80

Depends. Some of the unmarked cruisers around here are your garden variety :redcard: 's without any of the PI stuff.

Even though I have very bad vision, I can always spot the lights. :shades:

On :redcard:s, anyway. It's harder with Impalas, but I got the newer ones figured out.

BACK ON TOPIC, however, ummm.... I've said it before, I'll say it again. Like the idea, but the body needs to look a little bit more modern. Add on AWD as an option (for ice, not snow), and I'm fully on board.

Edited by papilgee4evaeva

Even though I have very bad vision, I can always spot the lights. :shades:

On :redcard:s, anyway. It's harder with Impalas, but I got the newer ones figured out.

BACK ON TOPIC, however, ummm.... I've said it before, I'll say it again. Like the idea, but the body needs to look a little bit more modern. Add on AWD as an option (for ice, not snow), and I'm fully on board.

Something interesting,

the new front suspension is an adaptation of the Territory CUV, a vehicle with AWD option.

So the Falcon could be made as either RWD, AWD or remote chance of a FWD version, an East West V6 would fit in the engine bay.

I know that's pretty remote but the Falcon has Volvo designed doors -so a tiny D3 connection there, LOL

I'd love to see a big high waist line MKS styled Top Hat for North America - that's more the vision anyway...

Edited by jpd80

Funny thing, I come on here and see this is in it's 5 page.

I know automatically then, that,

1) it is no longer about the original topic and..

2) there's a pissing contest going on and....

3) it's about crown vic's

Bitch and whine, piss and moan, ford sucks/no it's great, you suck.....and the stupidity goes on and on.

I say lock every topic to 1 or 2 pages because after that it gets stupid..EVERY TIME!

Keep to the subject!

You can thank silvrsvt for that.

Anyone who still thinks the 1996 Taurus was a great car is a total N.E.R.D or something like that. But, it is a free country, there are even some who love AMC Pacers and Pontiac Azteks.

The new Falcon is nice, but it really doesnt look 'all new' to me. But it is better than any DN101 Taurus ghetto cruiser, with its rear end dragging.

Shh...if they find out...they will hunt you down...

BRING 'EM! I get 13 MPG on my commutes, I can't afford to speed anymore! :lol:

Ironically enough, the three times I was pulled over, they were all marked cars... one I didn't notice until I got close (it was 2 AM) :doh:, one which had to have been hiding behind a tree :glare:, and one that was going in the opposite direction. :angry:

Anyone who still thinks the 1996 Taurus was a great car is a total N.E.R.D or something like that. But, it is a free country, there are even some who love AMC Pacers and Pontiac Azteks.

The new Falcon is nice, but it really doesnt look 'all new' to me. But it is better than any DN101 Taurus ghetto cruiser, with its rear end dragging.

There's a reason for that,

The last big body change was 1998 when the Falcon was made look like the '96/98 Taurus.

It was either that or the Falcon wouldn't be approved by FNA. It nearly killed the car in 2001.

Since then FoA has been playing catch bringing forward all the FG's engineering and moving to Mondeo styling.

Helps when you know the background story.

Edited by jpd80

Something interesting,

the new front suspension is an adaptation of the Territory CUV, a vehicle with AWD option.

So the Falcon could be made as either RWD, AWD or remote chance of a FWD version, an East West V6 would fit in the engine bay.

I know that's pretty remote but the Falcon has Volvo designed doors -so a tiny D3 connection there, LOL

I'd love to see a big high waist line MKS styled Top Hat for North America - that's more the vision anyway...

Honestly, I wouldn't mind just the MKS using this platform while the Taurus stayed on D32, albeit with more streamlined styling.

lets see: we have focus tailights, Audi headlights and a 1990's profile with a beltline crease that looks like an after thought to give the design a touch of the '00s. If this was Ford NA everyone would be be crapping all over it.

Only cool element is the alice cooper headlights one th eone model which give one portion of the car some personality.

Yes the RWD and power plants are novel for NA, but to those praising the styling who nomally bitch about NA's ancient warm overs, you loose a little credibility.

Hey, Ford's not the only one doing the ricer-chrome/Focus taillights:

LeftRear.jpg

RightRear.jpg

Edited by rmc523

I know a parent of a kid at my school is an undercover cop. She obviously drives a :redcard: . The few giveaways for here "undercover" car are the usual cheap (but decent looking, for a cop car) chrome hubcaps, dark tinted windows, multiple antennae, and two LED lightbar/squares in the grille.