Had to whip out my horribly old camera phone to get this one on film. Looks like the upper half of an old Taurus (not quite sure)? As bad as the pics make it out to be, looks like it was done very well in person...almost factory if it wasn't for the slighty narrower upper half.

See attached pics. (Note: Bad resolution and freaked out driver tried to slow to down to practically zero to escape my picture taking... so no frontal shots, but it had the 95-97 front end)

post-6726-1203545076_thumb.jpg

post-6726-1203545084_thumb.jpg

post-6726-1203545092_thumb.jpg

Had to whip out my horribly old camera phone to get this one on film. Looks like the upper half of an old Taurus (not quite sure)? As bad as the pics make it out to be, looks like it was done very well in person...almost factory if it wasn't for the slighty narrower upper half.

See attached pics. (Note: Bad resolution and freaked out driver tried to slow to down to practically zero to escape my picture taking... so no frontal shots, but it had the 95-97 front end)

Looks like a Taurus wagon was grafted on the back... Odd. Was 91 the last year for the Vickie Wagon?

Look at that side view, at the rear corner.

IMHO, considering all the curves, it's a brilliant effort to get the tailgate to work with the rear fender profiles, without having to hammer out an entire new body, or make a set of moulds for composite panels.

That's not to say it couldn't look better, but it's a decent effort.

Wow..thats one of the worst looking rear ends of car that I've ever seen...

It's actually a nice job, and it's not that old. But I've been wondering lately. I guess as far as ages go here, you might be at the mean age. You said your an Intern, I've worked with a lot of them. Hopefully, your in your school year now, but if your in the plant, you may not want to be using that company PC to posting all day from work.

Knowing Ford, your in as an intern to make them look good to the government. I've never seen one hired in after school was done.

It's actually a nice job, and it's not that old. But I've been wondering lately. I guess as far as ages go here, you might be at the mean age. You said your an Intern, I've worked with a lot of them. Hopefully, your in your school year now, but if your in the plant, you may not want to be using that company PC to posting all day from work.

Knowing Ford, your in as an intern to make them look good to the government. I've never seen one hired in after school was done.

Okay first off, I work for Volvo Powertrain, not Ford. Second,I don't post on here when I'm at work. Third, I may be at "the mean age," but I'm not an idiot. This is my second internship, so I think I know by now how to make a good impression.

Also, as far as the intern hiring comment, interns with Volvo have a 75% hire rate. In fact, one of the performance engineers I work with was a former co-op about three years ago. I don't know about interns at Ford, but apparently I have a possible future with Volvo.

Edited by Big_Mack

I remember there being a thread about that very car over at CVN. I wanna say they used a Taurus wagon top. I'll see if I can dig it up over there.

If it helps at all, I saw it going South on Central Park Ave in Scarsdale / Yonkers NY today mid afternoon.

Edit...found this online...looks to be the same car:

95wagon1.jpg

95wagon2.jpg

Edited by Intrepidatious

I am constantly amazed by what a talented guy with a torch can accomplish. It may not be something I would own but the work is impressive. The guy who did the work on my Mustang just finished making a fastback out of a '66 Mustang coupe. The price of fastbacks has gone through the roof and his customer wanted to build a custom car with a 5.0 drivetrain. They bought a completely rusted out '65 fastback that had a good roof and trunk lid and made what they wanted.

• 2 weeks later...
Ford Design did a full-size mockup of a Crown Vic wagon for the redesign in '92, but obviously the executives decided against producing it.

Well if things are heading back in that direction; in terms of downsizing out of SUV's. I would like to see a return of the traditional station wagon. Maybe that would stop people from resorting to doing that to begin with!

If it helps at all, I saw it going South on Central Park Ave in Scarsdale / Yonkers NY today mid afternoon.

Edit...found this online...looks to be the same car:

95wagon1.jpg

95wagon2.jpg

Interesting and strange, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Are you talking about Ford engineering interns or Ford interns in general? As far a finance, marketing and management interns are concerned, if you do well during you internship you have a very high chance of getting a full-time position. Getting the internship is 80% of the battle since Ford takes so few in comparison to the amount of applicants.....around 45/400 applicants just for marketing. For the gentleman interning with Volvo's Truck Division congrats on getthing the internships (1st and 2nd) and best of luck with the full-time position you will likely be offered in the future.

Well if things are heading back in that direction; in terms of downsizing out of SUV's. I would like to see a return of the traditional station wagon. Maybe that would stop people from resorting to doing that to begin with!

I'd take the Flex over this thing. Much more room and power, and imo looks much better.