e-series (again)

blazerdude20

The interior really isn't that bad. Afterall it is a work truck......

Yes it is, stop acting like an automated apoligist.

FYI this is also a work truck.

04.ford.f150.int.500.jpg

I hadn't seen a worse fuck-up from FNA since the Fusion interior.

Just admit it was a terrible effort already.

04.ford.f150.int.500.jpg

nuttin wrong with that interior...and I don't think it is an XL as CD's are not standard........or windows and locks, cruise tilt....

Edited by Deanh

04.ford.f150.int.500.jpg

And how many commercial fullsize vans have you purchased recently? Before all the previous responses got erased there were at least a couple responses from actual business owners who owned fleets of previous E-series who thought it looked great for their needs.

Only part I previously griped about (before the erasing) was the steering wheel. This also obviously appears to be a base commercial version. I wonder if there are any differences for the E-series destined for the camper/conversion van market? Furious1Auto? You have any insight on that? If THAT interior is the same as this, then by all means pcsario, I agree with you 100%.

Edited by NickF1011

And how many commercial fullsize vans have you purchased recently? Before all the previous responses got erased there were at least a couple responses from actual business owners who owned fleets of previous E-series who thought it looked great for their needs.

commercial vehicles are not bought for or about style....one word...FUNCTION! and the van update is a good one...and all the whining about the steering wheel...hell it may not even make production that way....

And they said the same thing about the old interior Nick.

I guess there was NO NEED to replace a shitty interior with another shitty interior either, right?

If you're going to waste MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, FNA's designers should've at least put some effort into it.

Edited by pcsario

And they said the same thing about the old interior.

I guess there was NO NEED to replace a shitty interior with another shitty interior either, right?

If you're going to WASTE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, FNA should've at least put some effort in it.

Hmm...seems they listened to their commercial customers and responded. Added features like GPS, Tow Command, etc. More innovative and abundant storage options. Larger cupholders. See my edit above if you missed it. If the interior going into the retail versions for campers/conversions is this bland, I definitely agree with you. But it's a nice upgrade for the commercial end of things.

Looks like Touareg in comparison. :)

Funniest thing I've read all week.

The interior pictured of that F-150 is an XLT. I should know, I had one exactly like it. Really that's neither here nor there, once again it is a work truck . Judging from GM's interior, circa mid 90s they aren't offering anything luxurious either. The best quip you had before was posting a link to the interior of Ford's Euro work van, complete with almost no cup holders and storage appeared to be lacking.

Edited by Michael Reynolds

Do you really think a commercial van driver is going to go "This steering wheel is ugly, I'm not going to buy this truck" ? (especially after getting past the exterior looks lol)

Bottom line is that work vans are for working. If the interior is functional, that is more important than how pretty it is. A van is never going to be a fashion statement ...

Do you really think a commercial van driver is going to go "This steering wheel is ugly, I'm not going to buy this truck" ? (especially after getting past the exterior looks lol)

Bottom line is that work vans are for working. If the interior is functional, that is more important than how pretty it is. A van is never going to be a fashion statement ...

No their not...just like they aren't going to care that the front looks like a deformed frog.

No their not...just like they aren't going to care that the front looks like a deformed frog.

Eh, I definitely have to disagree with that one. It was a bit shocking at first, but outside our work there are always tons of vans parked in the contractor area. Seeing a new E-series next to an old one several times (even with the cheap black plastic grille) the new one looks a LOT better to me.

Eh, I definitely have to disagree with that one. It was a bit shocking at first, but outside our work there are always tons of vans parked in the contractor area. Seeing a new E-series next to an old one several times (even with the cheap black plastic grille) the new one looks a LOT better to me.

Wow...the blindness is amazing.

You actually think that this:

07-1.jpg

Looks better than this:

778px-2006_Ford_E-Series.jpg

:hysterical: