2010 Taurus Pictures

saintlaz1

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, You sound so confident about your statement. How did you come to this conclusion?

1st, I said they are shooting for March of 09 because they know this car has to come out yesterday and can't wait till Sept of 09 to get this company back on track and the new Taurus is key to it's recovery.

2nd, I work with the engineers and build the transmission for the Taurus and do special builds of transmissions for this car.

is that enough for you

1st, I said they are shooting for March of 09 because they know this car has to come out yesterday and can't wait till Sept of 09 to get this company back on track and the new Taurus is key to it's recovery.

2nd, I work with the engineers and build the transmission for the Taurus and do special builds of transmissions for this car.

is that enough for you

I've seen the sheet metal assembled, but there are issues to be worked out, that flawless execution thing.

I agree, ford would like to get it out by march and like you said, it has to be flawless, the latest has to be midsummer as they announced today

OH! OH! OH! You are just the guy I have been looking. With all of your inside connections, can you tell me if the 3.5 EcoBoost is slated for the '09 or '10 Edge????

I figured you would know, since I am sure the tranny used in the Duratec 3.5 probably won't be beffy enough to handle the power of the 3.5 EB.

BTW thanks for all of your hard work at FOMOCO. The Blue Oval is tied with Toyota for quality. I am sure it is due to the hard work and passion that you and your co-workers put into their job.

OH! OH! OH! You are just the guy I have been looking. With all of your inside connections, can you tell me if the 3.5 EcoBoost is slated for the '09 or '10 Edge????

I figured you would know, since I am sure the tranny used in the Duratec 3.5 probably won't be beffy enough to handle the power of the 3.5 EB.

BTW thanks for all of your hard work at FOMOCO. The Blue Oval is tied with Toyota for quality. I am sure it is due to the hard work and passion that you and your co-workers put into their job.

I know there's suppose to be an ecoboost slated for the taurus, the edge should be as well since the trans can mate up with the ecoboost but so is the other 6 speed. There are different levels of the ecoboost for all applications including the edge. The MkS is slated for 3.7 ecoboost which inturn will mate up with the 6F55. We are suppose to start making this trans later this year or early next year. This trans can handle 350 to 400 horse, the 6F can handle up to 320

thanks for the comps, they keep telling we have the best in class trans with the 6F and by the way warranty is coming back from dealers is really low and that's a good thing

I know there's suppose to be an ecoboost slated for the taurus, the edge should be as well since the trans can mate up with the ecoboost but so is the other 6 speed. There are different levels of the ecoboost for all applications including the edge. The MkS is slated for 3.7 ecoboost which inturn will mate up with the 6F55. We are suppose to start making this trans later this year or early next year. This trans can handle 350 to 400 horse, the 6F can handle up to 320

thanks for the comps, they keep telling we have the best in class trans with the 6F and by the way warranty is coming back from dealers is really low and that's a good thing

320 hp in an Edge? Works for me! My '04 PSD F-250 has 325 hp stock.

Thanks for your quick and informative response.

is that enough for you

Please tell me there is a manual transmission in the plans some where!!!!!! :)

Can you confirm that the Taurus EcoBoost will be 3.5L and not the MKS 3.7L ?

Will the Taurus EcoBoost have 1 or 2 turbos (MKS has 2) ?

Thanks to the straight skinny ! :shades:

there is no 3.7l V6 EcoBoost planned - all the V6 EB engines planned use the smaller 3.5l version of the enigne.

The MKS and Taurus will share the EB engine.

Igor

Please tell me there is a manual transmission in the plans some where!!!!!! :)

I haven't heard that for the taurus, unless there is going to be a manual for the Sho, we make the automatics, haven't heard of the maual but I'll tool around to see if there is even a hint of one, if there is going to be a manual, I would suspect ford will by it from a different company

the 3.5 ecoboost, 3.7 is slated for MKS with the 6F55 trans and this trans can mate up with the 3.5 as well because it is beefier and suppose to handle more torgue and horse power

Igor may be right on this

well I did not realize I was replying to theoldwizzard, but afaik, there has never been any plans for D37 EB -even the MKS/MKT engine was always mentioned as 3.5l V6 EB ... I might be wrong here - after all I am just an observer, but that is what has been communicated.

Igor

well I did not realize I was replying to theoldwizzard, but afaik, there has never been any plans for D37 EB -even the MKS/MKT engine was always mentioned as 3.5l V6 EB ... I might be wrong here - after all I am just an observer, but that is what has been communicated.

Igor

Good to hear from you Igor.... people were beginning to talk

well I did not realize I was replying to theoldwizzard, but afaik, there has never been any plans for D37 EB -even the MKS/MKT engine was always mentioned as 3.5l V6 EB ... I might be wrong here -

Nope, I'm certain it was my error !

I am NOT infallible ! :wacko: I'm only as good as my grapevine which could get a lot thinner this coming week !

Igor

Igor, I thought I heard of a mention of a 3.7 ecoboost for the MKS but I maybe confusing it with another vehicle

Igor, I thought I heard of a mention of a 3.7 ecoboost for the MKS but I maybe confusing it with another vehicle

I have a thread in the EcoBoost forum and the Ford person there talked about a 3.7EB motor. My user name there is desmo.

Also, isn't the 2009 MKS starting out with a 3.7 natrually aspirated V6?

Edited by DUCKRACER

I have a thread in the EcoBoost forum and the Ford person there talked about a 3.7EB motor. My user name there is desmo.

Also, isn't the 2009 MKS starting out with a 3.7 natrually aspirated V6?

Yes, the MKS has the 3.7 NA right now and will later get 3.5 EB and 3.7 GDI.