GT500 ADM's

very true, but is resale really a consideration for someone buying a car like this?

for those that buy Gt500's DEFINITELY....especially when pretty close in price to said Saleen, Rosches, Fooses, Liberaches and Coat-tail wannabees.....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

I would not pay an ADM. That is equivalent to taking a match and lighting fire to hard earned money. Heck, when I looked at a loaded GT Convertible recently, I said I had to be out of my mind to pay $35K for a Mustang. :reading:

I would not pay an ADM. That is equivalent to taking a match and lighting fire to hard earned money. Heck, when I looked at a loaded GT Convertible recently, I said I had to be out of my mind to pay $35K for a Mustang. :reading:

then don't buy one........ :banghead:

Hmm, does that still apply fully if what was mentioned in another post comes to fruition and Ford becomes temporarily a bit shy of Foci?

I can only imagine how it would go over if a newly ready Focus buyer was told there was a 10%(never mind the bullshit that became the $helby) ADM on on of those... :hysterical:

Happy Ford customers for years to come.

Not.

Bad, BAD, BAD idea letting that stuff happen. Ford had opportunities to make it good, now they have this sort of resentment in a class of car that frankly, ain't long for the world.

Or does anyone else see a big market for 75K mustangs?

'Course, they could bring me back in a minute buy stripping off all the stickers and crap, dropping the flat blade in it and selling me a $50k SVT COBRA... :happy feet: Hell, Ford, you can even keep the blower. Give me the Aluminium 5.4 block and I'll do the dirty deed for you...

Hmm, does that still apply fully if what was mentioned in another post comes to fruition and Ford becomes temporarily a bit shy of Foci?

I can only imagine how it would go over if a newly ready Focus buyer was told there was a 10%(never mind the bullshit that became the $helby) ADM on on of those... :hysterical:

Not.

Bad, BAD, BAD idea letting that stuff happen. Ford had opportunities to make it good, now they have this sort of resentment in a class of car that frankly, ain't long for the world.

Please explain how Ford can control that under the current state franchise laws?

They have by going the SVT exclusive route. In the past, allocation to SVT dealers was limited by AGREEMENT and special sales folks were taught to respect a different and intelligent customer. If dealers had been noted for chewing on past customers, they could have very legitimately misplaced an allocation or two, just to make a subtle, and of course... cough cough...it would have been legit.

In the end, Ford CHOSE to hands off this one, mostly because the entire SVT organization came apart just as the car got to production. The full team of fall 2003 could, would, and in at least two cases I know of in Canada, did, apply some pretty effective pressure to bad dealers. Once with a Lightning customer and once with a friend who was abused on an SVT Focus.

The whole idea was to build a group of die hard Ford viral marketers, and they choked up a lot of people who just gave up on the thing. Including some guys INSIDE the company.

Edited by JETSOLVER

Not.

Or does anyone else see a big market for 75K mustangs?

'Course, they could bring me back in a minute buy stripping off all the stickers and crap, dropping the flat blade in it and selling me a $50k SVT COBRA... :happy feet: Hell, Ford, you can even keep the blower. Give me the Aluminium 5.4 block and I'll do the dirty deed for you...

valid comparison considering ONE IS A LIMITED PRODUCTION HIGH PERFORMANCE HALO CAR OF WHICH DEALERS GET PERHAPS TWO A YEAR!....shessh! shhhhh, and its NOT the Focus i am refering too....surprize surprize

They have by going the SVT exclusive route. In the past, allocation to SVT dealers was limited by AGREEMENT and special sales folks were taught to respect a different and intelligent customer. If dealers had been noted for chewing on past customers, they could have very legitimately misplaced an allocation or two, just to make a subtle, and of course... cough cough...it would have been legit.

In the end, Ford CHOSE to hands off this one, mostly because the entire SVT organization came apart just as the car got to production. The full team of fall 2003 could, would, and in at least two cases I know of in Canada, did, apply some pretty effective pressure to bad dealers. Once with a Lightning customer and once with a friend who was abused on an SVT Focus.

The whole idea was to build a group of die hard Ford viral marketers, and they choked up a lot of people who just gave up on the thing. Including some guys INSIDE the company.

and guess what ...there were ADMS on Lightenings and SVT Mustangs as well.......DON"T knock the dealers for adressing FAIR MARKET VALUE...would you sell YOUR own house for UNDER what you knew full well you could get for it???????? DONE!

Sold the COBRA to a good guy for less than I might have gotten. Does that count?

Or in another comparison, just like some here agree to pay more to buy American, do you always support the China price?

Frankly, I see it as a new wave in consumerism to make choices on a now wider value system. There are tough choices, and the almighty $ is not the end all be all for some.

Ever met anyone who took a less stressful job because they decided that something else was more important than a partnership?

And of course, we all have a network of friends to whom we offer our "best price", whether goods, services or other.

Not DONE.

Sold the COBRA to a good guy for less than I might have gotten. Does that count?

Or in another comparison, just like some here agree to pay more to buy American, do you always support the China price?

Frankly, I see it as a new wave in consumerism to make choices on a now wider value system. There are tough choices, and the almighty $ is not the end all be all for some.

Ever met anyone who took a less stressful job because they decided that something else was more important than a partnership?

And of course, we all have a network of friends to whom we offer our "best price", whether goods, services or other.

Not DONE.

got news for you, the handcuffs are on when it comes to the GT500 and KR...big time, slaes personel are not even involved half the time........when one has a limited commodity one gets what they can for it....MSRP becomes aits ACTUAL acronym...manufacturers SUGGESTED retail price.....complain about oil....

simple answer to all those that hate ADM's ( and half of you wouldn't even buy one regardless its just something to gripe about ) get over it, they are here to stay, I have gone over the issue TOO many times,.... good or bad ...EVERY manufacturer does it, always will.....so in protest DON"T buy...I'm sure no-one else will either....do the same at the pumps, buying the Faberge egg, the Baseball collectors card of Barry when his head was a normal size, the Picasso or a pair of underwear from Kobes liason......

Edited by Deanh

simple answer to all those that hate ADM's get over it, they are here to stay, ...EVERY DEALER (not manufacturer) does it, always will.....so in protest DON"T buy...I'm sure no-one else will either....

Inviting the customers to stay away seems like a weak strategy right now.

I think you might be better off hoping that the customers that were outraged by the additional DEALER markup, have short memories when they want to buy that Focus for their kids.

You know what happens in the office when the "car guy" gets asked where to buy a Focus... "Don't go to Blah Blah Ford, they are a rip off". Yep, those ADM's are worth their weight in angry customers.

And as a reminder, I am not placing the responsibility for this marketing disaster on the dealers. Ford owns this one. They own the marketing responsibility and that means pricing the car correctly. The bottom line is that by underpricing the car, they first of all, failed to get paid for developing the car, and second, created demand for a vehicle that did not exist (at a given price). I know dealers love the windfall, but it does come with a price.

Inviting the customers to stay away seems like a weak strategy right now.

I think you might be better off hoping that the customers that were outraged by the additional DEALER markup, have short memories when they want to buy that Focus for their kids.

You know what happens in the office when the "car guy" gets asked where to buy a Focus... "Don't go to Blah Blah Ford, they are a rip off". Yep, those ADM's are worth their weight in angry customers.

And as a reminder, I am not placing the responsibility for this marketing disaster on the dealers. Ford owns this one. They own the marketing responsibility and that means pricing the car correctly. The bottom line is that by underpricing the car, they first of all, failed to get paid for developing the car, and second, created demand for a vehicle that did not exist (at a given price). I know dealers love the windfall, but it does come with a price.

come on guys ...where the hell has the common sense gone? Addensums DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT annoy the actual BUYERS, just the wannabees....ANYONE with HALF a damn brain is atone with addendums on LIMITED production vehicles...ANYONE. It doesn't alienate ANYONE...so screw ford I'll go buy a Dodge...hey whats that addendum on the Challenger, Viper, RT, screw them hey whats taht on the limited Corvette, Camaro???? Honda...hey WTF S2000?....even the Oddesey origionally, Nissan???? remember when the Z first came out? Name ONE manufactuer ( barring Kia/ Hyundai etc ) whose niche low production car didn't demand an ADM upon initial release......just one. Current market on the GT500 is approx 2500 over window for the "windfall of approx $6000 gross profit ...or approx 11% WOW!

Dean, I see what you mean. Everyone is so "at one" with the practice that you just never see a thread about it any where....

And you are right, the two buyers were just fine with the ADM, and the two hundred unhappy would be buyers, they don't matter.

Can't you see that if Ford had priced the vehicle correctly, where you could sell it at sticker, that all of this animus would vanish? They could even pump up the dealer margin.

Customers feel like they are being bait and switched every time they read a review, or build and price it on line at the manufacturer web site, and then find the dealer is charging significantly more for the car than they expected. It isn't the price, it is the feeling of being deceived and or cheated, that makes would be customers angry.

Car dealers do a lot of silly stuff that customers hate. That you can defend it by saying that "all dealers do it" doesn't mean that customers like it.

Dean, I see what you mean. Everyone is so "at one" with the practice that you just never see a thread about it any where....

And you are right, the two buyers were just fine with the ADM, and the two hundred unhappy would be buyers, they don't matter.

Can't you see that if Ford had priced the vehicle correctly, where you could sell it at sticker, that all of this animus would vanish? They could even pump up the dealer margin.

Customers feel like they are being bait and switched every time they read a review, or build and price it on line at the manufacturer web site, and then find the dealer is charging significantly more for the car than they expected. It isn't the price, it is the feeling of being deceived and or cheated, that makes would be customers angry.

Car dealers do a lot of silly stuff that customers hate. That you can defend it by saying that "all dealers do it" doesn't mean that customers like it.

the halos are just dealer revenge for all the throw down battles we have on "loss leaders".....funny how people fail to see that it goes both ways....I don't agree with the practice, but it is what it is, and is not going to change, regardless if it is a car or basically ANY purchase....the market for the product sets the price. The more desirable usually constitutes a higher price...hell, look at what yo yos were getting for playstations when first released..........and buyers were just happy to get one....and really if there is an asking price how can one feel cheated...its right there in black and white...if you don't like it don't buy it...simple.

Toyota dealers in my area are getting over sticker on every Prius they are selling now....I don't see the same whinning,crybaby jealosy on Toyota messageboards....

demand and pent up buyers....he who pays plays...those that wait miss out........

Current market on the GT500 is approx 2500 over window for the "windfall of approx $6000 gross profit ...or approx 11% WOW!

Here it is hard and simple.

Even though that current number is quite reasonable for the product, BECAUSE I had to deal with the bullshit from multiple dealers over almost a year, and BECAUSE I went and spent almost the entire markup on the MSRP( all up before tax was $69, 467) of another manufacturer, and the fact that I now intend to replace that lost sale to FoMoCo with yet another new toy, I fully intend to NOT purchase the car that is now, but was not then reasonable.

And frankly, unless there is a hell of a product in my catagory, that tiny niche of enthusiast hard core, I don't think Ford is getting the $ this time either. Which is why I so very much want them to get their shit together, as I would still, even after all that, buy Blue. Its what I want.

But under no circumstance would I buy a cup of coffee from one of those three dealers who put me through all that. Even though just last month, a sales twit from one of those same dealers found my name on a three year old list and called me AT HOME to ask me to come in and talk turkey.

Best of all, the F er still won't offer list, he just asked for 2k over sticker!!!!

If that is what passes for acceptable in your corner, I gotta tell you, there are other manufactures dealer arms who didn't put me through all that.

'Kay?

post-23146-1212693170_thumb.jpg

Here it is hard and simple.

Even though that current number is quite reasonable for the product, BECAUSE I had to deal with the bullshit from multiple dealers over almost a year, and BECAUSE I went and spent almost the entire markup on the MSRP( all up before tax was $69, 467) of another manufacturer, and the fact that I now intend to replace that lost sale to FoMoCo with yet another new toy, I fully intend to NOT purchase the car that is now, but was not then reasonable.

And frankly, unless there is a hell of a product in my catagory, that tiny niche of enthusiast hard core, I don't think Ford is getting the $ this time either. Which is why I so very much want them to get their shit together, as I would still, even after all that, buy Blue. Its what I want.

But under no circumstance would I buy a cup of coffee from one of those three dealers who put me through all that. Even though just last month, a sales twit from one of those same dealers found my name on a three year old list and called me AT HOME to ask me to come in and talk turkey.

Best of all, the F er still won't offer list, he just asked for 2k over sticker!!!!

If that is what passes for acceptable in your corner, I gotta tell you, there are other manufactures dealer arms who didn't put me through all that.

'Kay?

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! throw a tantrum at the dodge, Chevy, Nissan, Honda, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus etcetc dealer when you can't get your way on their halo car for your perceived "deal"...you are not the first or will not be the last to take umbrage...but right behind you IS someone willing to step just that minute amount more, so YOUR loss is anothers gain, and remember that fact the next time you are beating the crap outa the dealer on a mainstream model expecting him to take a loss. Business is just that...BUSINESS...tell Chevron you wont pay ( $4.67 this morning!!!!! ) their price for 91 octane, and hold your breath till blue in the corner. For your edification I DO NOT agree with it but its easy to get over when one has an apithany and realizes its NORMAL....and has been for decades....why bitch about something ( cept gas prices over which...UNLIKE a luxury penis extender, we have no choice....think about THEM apples ) you can'y change....and other manufacturers "arms"...trust me , give THEM a product like the GT500 and VOILA! instant addendum.....so, get over the fact that you did not get your way, put YOUR feet in THEIR shoes and say "Hey...lets just sell these things really cheap as we only get 2......and heres the keys to my house, you can have it for half of its appraised value........."...BUSINESSj , let me introduce you to Jetsolver. And a PS...used GT40's are fetching MORE money than ANY ADM's that were on them at dealers thru auctions!!!!!!!!!!!! PPS...I do apologize if I seem to be on your case...but honesly i have adressed this subject SO many times its pathetic....and unlike a pi$$ed off customer I see BOTH sides...its really a dead issue......

Edited by Deanh

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! throw a tantrum at the dodge, Chevy, Nissan, Honda, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus etcetc dealer when you can't get your way on their halo car for your perceived "deal"... And a PS...used GT40's are fetching MORE money than ANY ADM's that were on them at dealers thru auctions!!!!!!!!!!!!

You just don't get it. They have three on the lot, one of which is last years car. So, one assumes that they either A. want very much to pay for the overhead for them, or B. would prefer to sell to someone who was not a past customer they threw over.

And as for the GT, I actually investigated one on a local showroom floor that was at list or better, based on a tip from a sales guy who left the first dealer for his own reasons. At that time, I was sweating buying a Porsche, so I was in no position to work a deal. Either way, neither the dealer nor Ford got my $.

How is that acceptable to a Ford dealer? Or Ford?

And as for gas, did your dealership make more on a Navi last spring, or the twelve Foci you moved last week? Or was it a wash?

I hope it is considered a good thing, because twelve possible repeats beats the hell out of one in my book.

And yes, it is very personal to me, I do tend to get fussed about it, but man, I really wanted the damm car, and they went WAY WAY out of their way to make it as shitty an experience as this car guy has ever, and frankly will ever have.

I have at least a half dozen people a month ask me about their next purchase, and I enjoy helping them, as I get value from that to.

So, lets call this one at least;

Peace and

:beerchug:

You just don't get it. They have three on the lot, one of which is last years car. So, one assumes that they either A. want very much to pay for the overhead for them, or B. would prefer to sell to someone who was not a past customer they threw over.

And as for the GT, I actually investigated one on a local showroom floor that was at list or better, based on a tip from a sales guy who left the first dealer for his own reasons. At that time, I was sweating buying a Porsche, so I was in no position to work a deal. Either way, neither the dealer nor Ford got my $.

How is that acceptable to a Ford dealer? Or Ford?

And as for gas, did your dealership make more on a Navi last spring, or the twelve Foci you moved last week? Or was it a wash?

I hope it is considered a good thing, because twelve possible repeats beats the hell out of one in my book.

Dealer experience is independent, we have had ZERO complaints...wether you buy a focus or a GT500 ( one customer has bought 3 GT500's...one converting to a Super Snake as we speak...so, it seems we have offended no-one...BUT...the market here is peculiar to say the least...and ( snicker..or sob...) no Expeditions for a while!!!!!! Also...a LOT of GT500's have been exported, new Zealand, Australia and our Oil suppliers...ahem! Right now I don't think the GT500s are high on local buyers lists...public is running scared.....