Bought a 2008 Focus

laserred02

I picked up a 2008 Focus yesterday, and traded in my 07 Mustang which was poor on gas and insurance. The focus handles and rides better, is quieter inside and actually has a more refined interior. Plus the Sync system is a nice addition.

Overall I am impressed with the car, and it is a shame so many on here criticize it so heavily, it is actually really refined compared to the previous Focus model. My girlfriend has an 06, which handles better but is not nearly as quiet or smooth. Anyways just thought I would give my .02 on the car now that I bought one.

Sorry no pics yet, need to find my digital camera.

Congrats on your new car!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I'm not living in the US but to me most people wont be that offended by the styling,

people will post extreme views about styling of a car with never an intention to buy one.

The little car's attributes and quality obviously shine through for those people considering it.

I could live equally as well with your US Focus or the C1 available here in AUS.

I understand what you are saying about the styling being an issue for people that won't buy one. But now-a-days I think that the used car market offers more "good advertisement" for a car (as people may assume good quality if so many are still on the road) and if a car is ugly, someone like myself wouldn't even consider one used. There's hardly anything I would buy new and again, I like this new Focus on the inside, but a decent exterior would make this car a spectacular work-car for me. I'd prefer even something boring (if buying used) and something ugly. But that's just me...I just wish bean-counters stretch themselves a bit more instead of only considering "today" when releasing a vehicle sometimes.

I understand what you are saying about the styling being an issue for people that won't buy one. But now-a-days I think that the used car market offers more "good advertisement" for a car (as people may assume good quality if so many are still on the road) and if a car is ugly, someone like myself wouldn't even consider one used. There's hardly anything I would buy new and again, I like this new Focus on the inside, but a decent exterior would make this car a spectacular work-car for me. I'd prefer even something boring (if buying used) and something ugly. But that's just me...I just wish bean-counters stretch themselves a bit more instead of only considering "today" when releasing a vehicle sometimes.

All Ford needs to do to make it not as ugly is offer an option of a body painted grille and no fake fender vents. I would gladly pay an extra $50 to get that on a Focus and then I would consider buying one.

The styling isn't the best, but I like the interior and the quality is far above the last generation. I appreciate the positive comments, the sarcastic childish comments are probably unnecessary. The car isn't perfect, but it is certainly competitive.

I wonder if I can take the fender vents off?? Probably would leave some holes or something, oh well.

All Ford needs to do to make it not as ugly is offer an option of a body painted grille and no fake fender vents. I would gladly pay an extra $50 to get that on a Focus and then I would consider buying one.

I saw a new Focus without fender vents the other day. I think the fender vents are on the "high-end" models.

There are no fender vents on the S. However, the vents are standard on the SE and SES. It is listed on the Ford Focus build and price website under the standard features.

I did see one S without the vents and I must say i did prefer the Focus sans the vents; the side profile looked more clean and uninterrupted without them.