gasoline still not expensive

Joe771476

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still see diesel-powered Super Duties owned by construction companies idling at the donut shops. An SUV was idling at the donut shop this morning; temp was 55 degrees! Motorists are still running up to red lights and flooring at green. Morons all!

I was doing 85 MPH down U.S. 23 today. Both to and from work. 56 miles each way. In my Jeep. :burnout: :shift:

Edited by Pioneer

I was doing 85 MPH down U.S. 23 today. Both to and from work. 56 miles each way. In my Jeep. :burnout: :shift:

Good on ya Pioneer!

If you can afford it, knock your self out! This is still America, and we all have choices.

I am sick of people telling other people how to live.

People who know all the reasons why our lives should be miserable: WORTHLESS.

People who know how to make our lives better: PRICELESS!

I do not want to go slow and shiver in the dark. If that is your solution, go for it. But don't expect the rest of us to be willing to share your misery. We choose progress. We choose not to surrender.

Good on ya Pioneer!

If you can afford it, knock your self out! This is still America, and we all have choices.

I am sick of people telling other people how to live.

People who know all the reasons why our lives should be miserable: WORTHLESS.

People who know how to make our lives better: PRICELESS!

I do not want to go slow and shiver in the dark. If that is your solution, go for it. But don't expect the rest of us to be willing to share your misery. We choose progress. We choose not to surrender.

hear hear! i used a 1/4 tank of premium in my Cougar today! thats almost $20 worth of fuel to basically go to a friends and go to a cruise night. Completely worth it IMO

I still see diesel-powered Super Duties owned by construction companies idling at the donut shops. An SUV was idling at the donut shop this morning; temp was 55 degrees! Motorists are still running up to red lights and flooring at green. Morons all!

The workers don't give a sh-t, their boss gets stuck with the bills!

Give it time, the signs are there:

Biggest Winner

MINI __up_arrow.jpg26.4%

Biggest Loser

HUMMER __down_arrow.jpg–23.3%

Oh jeeze you guys make this sub $4 and just above a gallon gasoline and diesel out to be the end of the world.

Hell we have been living with it for almost 2 years now. Welcome to the real world. Will the price shock at the pump affect peoples buying habits ? Yup for a bit as it did here, then things went back to the satus quo as every one got used to it.

Hell 70% of the vehicles on the road in Lloyd are P/U trucks. Lloyd has to be the king of the jacked up 4X4 even the GM Dodge & Ford Dealers install lift kits on New units in their assesory depts here. About 5% of the cars on the road here are compacts. And that is with near $4 a gallon gasoline. The Kia dealership in Lloyd went bankrupt and is closing it's doors. They opened up when gas spiked a couple years ago thinkning every would move from big cars and trucks to pop cans with steering wheels. They did at first but as poeple adujusted to and got used to the high price of fuel things went back to the status quo and ther sales spiraled through the floor. Even the Yota dealer here the bulk of thier sales are POS Tundras

$4 a gallon gas dose not stop me from doing 75 80 MPH in the Excursion and even at that guys blow by me in Superduty's One ton dodges and Chev-GMC P/U's on hyw 16. Nor it did not stop the wife from loading up the holiday trailer hitching it to to the Excursion and taking the grand kids her sister and her grandkids to Jasper for sking for the week. The truck sucked back about 50 gallons towing the trailer for the 220 miles. But that is the cost of still enjoying life.

Eventualy you learn to live with it and accept it and adjust for it.

High fuel prices do not have to determain or decide what you do or how you do it.

Do not complain or bitch or make snide comments cause some of us (most of us In Alberta ) refuse to be held hostage to high fuel prices.

Matthew

Oh jeeze you guys make this sub $4 and just above a gallon gasoline and diesel out to be the end of the world.

Hell we have been living with it for almost 2 years now. Welcome to the real world. Will the price shock at the pump affect peoples buying habits ? Yup for a bit as it did here, then things went back to the satus quo as every one got used to it.

Matt it is a problem because in many jobs there will be no raises, this means everytime you "live with it" your standard of living goes down because your income buys you less. "The real world" is that if you don't take steps to fight it instead of passivly accepting it, then in the long run you won't be able to afford the necessities. Also if you have children they will be handicapped from the start of their adult life!

Also because of the joblessness and cost of goods I bought 2 firearms to protect my house from being robbed. If things were not so expensive while good paying jobs were so far apart, I would have no need for 1 gun!

Edited by Furious1Auto

hear hear! i used a 1/4 tank of premium in my Cougar today! thats almost $20 worth of fuel to basically go to a friends and go to a cruise night. Completely worth it IMO

Premium? Gee... I hope your Cougar is an older model that could benefit from it more due to the octane.

This is another problem I have with some people out there that buy foreign cars not realizing that they only take premium... Wait! There is no problem. If they're that stupid to buy a new car that requires premium unleaded than I say THE HELL WITH THEM!

This is another problem I have with some people out there that buy foreign cars not realizing that they only take premium... Wait! There is no problem. If they're that stupid to buy a new car that requires premium unleaded than I say THE HELL WITH THEM!

Which foreign cars are those? Only ones I really know of are performance cars and luxury cars, which is pretty much the same situation as many American cars.

I'm interested in using less energy than I have used in the past. So will gradually change the size of cars we drive, and will gradually figure out how to use less energy around my house as well.

Yes....this is (North) America....and the money I can save will go toward more invesments. Some of you talk about your freedoms....but the best freedow of all is to have assets. I'm retired....and having the freedom to do about anything I wish is nice. Now I think it's time to use less energy. I can't understand how you think it's excercising your freedoms (or "Macho") to be wasteful of fuel. And sure...use what you need. But you don't give up much to save a little energy.

I also think it idiotic to drive by a truck stop and see about 50 big trucks idling. Some of those guys actually think it's better to idle a couple hours than to turn the engine off. They need some education.

Edited by Ralph Greene

Which foreign cars are those? Only ones I really know of are performance cars and luxury cars, which is pretty much the same situation as many American cars.

What I meant to say is that some of these newer foreign cars only were designed to run on premium and the only reason I can figure it out is that these companies know full well how stupid the buyer is when they see that certain nameplate on it. They'll buy it anyway... NOT KNOWING THE WHOLE STORY ON WHY THEIR REPAIR COSTS WILL GO UP AS WELL!

Hell, even some of them advertise 89 octane as well and all of you know that is a little more expensive than the 87.

Edited by Bored of Pisteon

I also think it idiotic to drive by a truck stop and see about 50 big trucks idling. Some of those guys actually think it's better to idle a couple hours than to turn the engine off. They need some education.

Who knows why they are idling at a truck stop... One reason is to keep warm on a cold night and the other is to drill that skanky whore they picked up along the way.

Matt it is a problem because in many jobs there will be no raises, this means everytime you "live with it" your standard of living goes down because your income buys you less. "The real world" is that if you don't take steps to fight it instead of passivly accepting it, then in the long run you won't be able to afford the necessities. Also if you have children they will be handicapped from the start of their adult life!

Also because of the joblessness and cost of goods I bought 2 firearms to protect my house from being robbed. If things were not so expensive while good paying jobs were so far apart, I would have no need for 1 gun!

I can honstly say that my standard of living has not gone down with the increase in fuel prices. Not one bit. But I have also been smart enough to make it work to my advantage with corensponding investments that benift me with the rising cost of motor fuel and crude oil. Does the high pice of fuel affect my standard of living? Nope not at all in fact it is helping to increase it. Ha every time I fill that thristy Excursion i'm putting money back in my pocket and the pockets of every Albertan by driving the demand for our Crude even higher. .

Sorry but I have no sympathy for peopel that cry no work no jobs low wages yada yada. If there is no work where you are MOVE.

We are in the midst of personal shortage here in Alberta and have now started to let Yanks up here to work with minimal paper work on temp Visas. If you got 3 brain cells orbiting around each other and are not scared of work. $100K a year is not out of the question. Hell the frenchman brother law welder (who is not what you would call the sharpest tool in the shed, topped with of a language barrier ) is making a tick over $150K a year.

There are new Conductors just hired off the street By CN with no experiance are making $100K a year if they choose put in the hours. Heck My son is paying labourers for housing construction $18HR and all these guys have to be able to do is stand up right and not show up to work drunk.

At some point and time a person has to asses the reality of the situation and do what is in the best interest of your self and your family. And if that means planting roots down else where so be it. I did it almost 20 years ago and packed up the wife and kids and moved 2500 Miles west. And have never regreted it for a single day we lived in a shit hole apt for almost year when we frst moved here. Many many east coasters, easteners, and even frenchmen have done it. Left every thing behind to move to an area with opportunity. Most all of our ancestors did it to come to the new world.

I have way more disposable income than I ever would have had if i had stayed in Toronto. My kids have had way more opotunity and a higher standard of living than they ever would have had in Toronto.

Freinds of ours moved here from Bosnia in 1997 with lttle more than the cloths on their back (muslum no less) Mind you they as devote and practicing Muslums as I am Anglican (meaning not much him and I have tied on more than few). They spoke almost no Enlglish both him and her are blue collar workers . They now own ther own home and are slated to pay off the morgage in a couple years. They have 2 daughters one is now just finished University and has been offered several postions not far off the six digits. And the other worked retail starting in school, and is now the Distric Manager for a large non Yank discount retail chain here and is making good enough money she just purchased a condo on her own. Anouther Freinds daughter started with Enterprise rental about 3 years ago worked her ass off and is now and area manager making above 70K.

There is loads of oportunity out their if your willing to do what it takes to utilize it.

If my yougest (the screw up of the family) can make almost a $90K a year any brain dead MF can do it.

And now Saskatewan is starting to boom. They had the fastest and greatest econmic growth of any province last year. The Policiy's and practices of the Former NDP government there are starting to pay off.

Sask is the place it be now.

Manitoba is 5 to 7 years away from booming as well.

The Dakotas and most of the U.S north mid west is not far far off taking off either.

Maybe it is time to asses where you live and what the future holds for you and your family. And instead of complaining about the price of fuel use it to your advantage. Cause it is not going down anytime soon.

Matthew

I can honstly say that my standard of living has not gone down with the increase in fuel prices. Not one bit. But I have also been smart enough to make it work to my advantage with corensponding investments that benift me with the rising cost of motor fuel and crude oil. Does the high pice of fuel affect my standard of living? Nope not at all in fact it is helping to increase it. Ha every time I fill that thristy Excursion i'm putting money back in my pocket and the pockets of every Albertan by driving the demand for our Crude even higher. .

Not yet you will be paying more for everything you consume soon enough. No one in this country is immune to this problem, and the truckers are done eating the cost! What to do LINK!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Not yet you will be paying more for everything you consume soon enough. No one in this country is immune to this problem, and the truckers are done eating the cost! What to do LINK!

Ha what do you think we have been doing for the last 2 years. You guys forget gasoline has been at and above $4 a gallon mark here for years now.

Has my standard of living gone down ? nope

You guys are just getting near where we have been for years now. Gasoline today is 114.7 a Liter or $4.30 a U.S Gal, has the sky fallen? has the economy ground to halt ? are goods priced out of sight? Not at all in fact our economy is out pacing the U.S by a large spread. Are truckers going bankrupt ?

In fact just the oppsite trucking here is in a boom & wages are at an all time high. IN fact the whole transportation sector is booming like it never has before. In fact I was talking to the girl that drives the Husky fuel truck just today. A young girl 27 a single mom with the father no where in sight. She has just bought a house on her own and owns a new (07) jeep liberty and is still able to save enough to take her and her 8 year old daughter to Disney World this summer.

The U.S comsumer will adjust. Just as we did. Differance is here is we do not have a slave labour under class getting paid next to nothing puling down wages. All jobs are fairly decent paying here and it pulls every ones wages up. In fact some union companies are now handicapped cause they are locked the unions in to multi year contracts and can now not pay the wages nessesary to attract workers.

How is that for a twist.

Bacuse of this most poeple have good amounts of disposable income and spend it and drive the economy. Our minimum wage is at $9 an hour but no one makes this. Not even Mc Raunchy Ronnies pays that. I was just talking with a contractor at lunch that drywalls. He is paying his guys $35

an hr and is turning away work as he has so much and not find the more people to hire.

My wages have matched inflation with modest wage increases over the past 5 years and I have more disopasble imcome now than I did 5 years ago . And that is with gasoline electricity and NG doubling in price. But I took what disposable income I had then and invested it wisely and still am today. I have one Debt payment on a morgage. I could pay it off now if I wanted but I'm getting more return on my investments than I would save on paying it off.

As for the West all western Canada is going to boom and so are the mid west northern states.

A couple years ago I posted here the Sask was on the verge of a massive boom and was going to lead the Country on economic growth. And some yutz here decided to argue against that saying it was not goign to happen and I was wrong and the NDP govenment was strangleing the province. where is he now ? petty quiet now that Sask is doing exactly what I said it would with the policy's laid out by the then NDP Gov't.

The North Mid west U.S is on the verge of a boom as well. Give it 5 6 years at most and off it will go.

If you can not make ends meet where you are and are watching your standard of living erode Goaddamn move to some where the is not going to happen and quit complaining about it.

You are not going to change the price gasoline or crude oil. You can either complain about it or use it to your advantage.

It is your choice

Matthew