donzuchowski

Should Ford Bring Back the Edsel Division to Replace Jag and Mercury  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ford Bring Back The Edsel Division To Replace Jag and Mercury

• Yes oh God Yes
    • Edsel what?
    • No oh God No!!!!!
    • Edsel should be a Bentley Fighter!!!!

April 7, 2008 Ford announced that as part of its Way Foward Plan that it will bring back a historic nameplate to replace the Jaguar Brand that was sold to Tata Motors. The new Edsel division will be slotted above Lincoln. Lincoln will be the volume leader of the luxuary brands that Ford owns. As such Ford announced that Mercury will be phased out over the next three years. Edsel will have one car to start with at launch. This new car from what is currently knowen is that it will be based off the 2012 Ford Mustang Platform and will have independent rear on it. The car will come in both 2 and 4 doors. It will resemble the 4 door mustang concept that was leaked a few months ago but with a updated edsel grill. http://www.muscularmustangs.com/images5/20...wagonsedan3.jpg The orginal photo as a mustang was to throw people off the trail of what Ford was really about to do, reintroduce Edsel. By calling it a Ford, they got feedback and no one knew the car was going to be an Edsel.

The second car will be based off the Ford Interceptor Concept, but with a more Edsel upscale look to it. Image an upscale look to this babby so sexy, you would divorce your wife for it!

This would have to be one of the stupidest idea's I've heard in a long time. The name Edsel reminds me of 1950's bygone era. Crappy heavy ugly cars.

They'd be better off using the Mercury name. That would have more brand recognition than Edsel.

I'd like to see a link on Ford's site stating this was a part of "The Way Forward". Especially if Mullaly was on board at the time. I just don't see it happening...

This would have to be one of the stupidest idea's I've heard in a long time. The name Edsel reminds me of 1950's bygone era. Crappy heavy ugly cars.

They'd be better off using the Mercury name. That would have more brand recognition than Edsel.

I'd like to see a link on Ford's site stating this was a part of "The Way Forward". Especially if Mullaly was on board at the time. I just don't see it happening...

Here is a prototpye from 2007 thhat ford released Ford--26463.jpg

Where is the proof of this article or news release?

This is the worst Idea I have ever heard, I mean if people already think Mercuries are for old people because of the Grand Marquis, I can only imagine what they would think of Edsel.

Speak up honey, I cant hear you my hearing aid needs a new battery!!!! Oh weres the ex-lax?

Hey, they need something to match the Bently, Rolls, and Maybach. What would it cost? just build 1 or 2 a year and use them as display models at the big auto shows, then sell them. Kill two birds with one stone!

(April fools came late this year, as daylight slaving time started early.)

• 1 month later...