Wanna B? Fords Coming Fiesta

ANTAUS

I agree with you there Igor...except that your postings on Autosavant and elsewhere are just as good or better!

The Fiesta could truly become the big hit of 2010, for Ford or anybody else for that matter. I find it interesting that 2010 will be Ford's Year of the Car. Think about it.

-2010 all new Taurus

-2010 moslty new Mustang

-2010 all new Fiesta (in at least 4dr and probably 3 and 5 dr versions)

-2010 updated Fusion

-2010 updated Edge

-2010 all new Transit

That means for 2010 all of Ford's car offerings except the Focus will be all new or very much improved. 4 out of 6 new vehicles will be cars...The Year of the Car Indeed!!! And the 2011 Focus is just around the corner too!

I agree with you there Igor...except that your postings on Autosavant and elsewhere are just as good or better!

The Fiesta could truly become the big hit of 2010, for Ford or anybody else for that matter. I find it interesting that 2010 will be Ford's Year of the Car. Think about it.

-2010 all new Taurus

-2010 moslty new Mustang

-2010 all new Fiesta (in at least 4dr and probably 3 and 5 dr versions)

-2010 updated Fusion

-2010 updated Edge

-2010 all new Transit

That means for 2010 all of Ford's car offerings except the Focus will be all new or very much improved. 4 out of 6 new vehicles will be cars...The Year of the Car Indeed!!! And the 2011 Focus is just around the corner too!

I remember when Ford called another year, their "year of the car". Let's hope that this one really is that ...

"The feedback from [the Detroit show] was overwhelmingly good--the look, the craftsmanship inside," Felice says. "Everything seemed to strike a positive chord, and we know what this car does dynamically. We see Fiesta as a vehicle to aspire to, rather than a vehicle people have to buy for the fuel economy or the price."

Anybody see the pun in that quote?

Ford Aspire was the name given to the second-generation Ford Festiva subcompact car sold by Ford Motor Company in the US and Canada from 1994 to 1997. The Aspire was available only as a hatchback with either 3 or 5 doors. The body was made by Kia Motors in South Korea and the engine and components were made by Mazda of Japan. It was sold as the Kia Avella in Asia, and as the Ford Festiva in Japan and the Australasia region.

250px-94-96_Ford_Aspire.jpg

I'm a little skeptical because Ford's world cars have never been successful in the states. We have the Contour and the Focus, the Focus turned into a quality nightmare and the Contour failed to meet customer expectations thanks largely to its European origins.

I'm a little skeptical because Ford's world cars have never been successful in the states. We have the Contour and the Focus, the Focus turned into a quality nightmare and the Contour failed to meet customer expectations thanks largely to its European origins.

I still wouldn't say that the Focus has failed.

The Focus may have been mishandled in it's early years, but the current and successful product is entirely North American at this point.

I wouldn't call it entirely North American at all. Just because we're the last ones using it doesn't mean Ford NA engineered the thing. Most of the underpinnings are the same as they were when the car was introduced here. And it wasn't the car's engineering that made it a mess here when it first arrived -- it was the absolutely horrid quality and process control in place at that time in Ford NA that made its assembly here far below par. By the time C2 comes here, I don't foresee any of the issues of same sort of issues we had when C170 was launched here.

The Contour was just a heap of crap all around. Wrong size. Wrong market. Considering the similarities now between the dimension of the Mondeo and Fusion, I don't see there being much problem with sharing those platforms once again either.