TRACINDA ROCKS!!!!!

I am a big fan of Mr. Mulally & Company, but Ford shareholders are tired of Ford's family control of Ford Motor through its special stock; they own just around 5% of Ford shares but control it with 40% voting ability. Its shareholders have repeatedly asked Ford Management to relinquish that super vote ability. Now it may the chance to do it with tracinda and the pissed Off shareholders.

I have been a Ford shareholder for over 30 years. I got Ford Stock as birthday gifts from my grandmother. I'm not tired of Ford Family control. Frankly, it is reassuring that control rests with a group who has some skin in the game. It forces th company to consider the long view. The wealth of the Ford family is tied to the company. That can't be said of GM or Chrysler. Kirkorian wasn't successful with either of those companies. He won't succeed in doing much damage at Ford.

I believe Kerkorian knows that he has no chance of a takeover. The stock is cheap and the future looks brighter than it has in years. If the stock moves a couple of bucks Kerkorian will make millions.

So what are Kerkorian's motives, if everyone knows he is in for pump and dump doesn't that ruin his plan?

Also, why is it journalists think there is a hatred of Ford's B Stock?

I can't find any reference to ill feeling by stockholders to the Ford family who actually refer most financial decisions to the board

and guidance from CEO Mulally - as it should be.

Edited by jpd80

Kerkorian isn't the problem, I think Bears Stern is when they say investors should take short term gains now.

I'm a bit concerned that a highly respectable company can say we need to view share price separately to

the business revovery efforts of Ford. It seems a real disconnect to me.

The way people go on shows their lack of knowledge of how Ford stocks eveoved, I found this on the Ford website:

Stock Splits (from Ford Motor Company)

Ford Motor Company was founded by Henry Ford and incorporated in Michigan on June 16, 1903. The corporation's common stock was entirely owned by Henry Ford and a small group of local investors.

In 1919, Henry Ford bought out all of these investors and reincorporated the company in the State of Delaware. From 1919 to 1956, all stock in the company was owned by members of the Ford Family, the Edison Institute, and the Ford Foundation.

Ford Motor Company Landmark Moments: A Shareholder Perspective

First offered to the public on January 18, 1956, when the Ford Foundation began to sell its stock in the company. The price was $64.50 per share.

The stock first traded on the New York Stock Exchange on March 7, 1956. The stock "split" six times since it was issued. The splits and their payment dates, which appear on the actual certificates, were

May 31, 1962: 2 for 1

May 24, 1977: 5 for 4

December 1, 1983: 3 for 2

June 2, 1986: 3 for 2

January 12, 1988: 2 for 1

July 5, 1994: 2 for 1

"Old" Ford Motor Company common stock was replaced by "new" Ford common stock, based on the Value Enhancement Plan recapitalization of the company which occurred on August 2, 2000.

Shareholders, electing to receive ALL "new" stock in exchange for their "old" stock, received 1.748175 shares of "new" stock in exchange for each share of their "old" stock.

Shareholders electing to receive the PRO RATA election of "new" stock in exchange for their "old" stock received 1.554593 shares of "new" stock in exchange for each share of their "old" stock.

Edited by jpd80

LOL, They should get him to do the first Taurus TV commercial, "Taurus the cars billionaires have always promised themselves"

does make you wonder what the execs will drive to works these days with JLR gone. They can't all drive Volvos and certainly won't all drive Town Cars.

does make you wonder what the execs will drive to works these days with JLR gone. They can't all drive Volvos and certainly won't all drive Town Cars.

Warren Buffets the same, he owns an old Lincoln Town Car and won't change it he loves it to bits (Sorry guys for adding a Panther again to a thread). It just seems some billonaires are a bit careful when it comes to money that's how they make a fortune l suppose.

Even the UK government have kicked Jaguar in the teeth by dumping Jags for the shitty Prius, l hope they kicked out.

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/top-sto...97319-20650084/

Kirk and Alan Mulally should be marriage made in heaven as they are both big fans of the Taurus.