This should get you all stirred up!!

fordguy61mi

Okay this is a follow up post. I don't want to start any rumors that aren't true. What I wrote first is what I heard from what I considered a reliable source. But after level said it isn't true, I thought I'd better find out for myself. I just talked to Pete Graham, the Chairman at Saline, and he had not heard anything about this but was very interested in finding out since he'll need an answer for people that ask him about it. So he made a call and left a message for someone that is supposed to get back to him and I asked him to get back to me on it. Since the part the Millwrights told me about the "union" finding out that this was true wasn't right, I thought I'd better find out myself. So until Pete gets back to me, we'll have to consider this just a rumor. Maybe someone is trying to stir up a hornet's nest. They're succeeding in that part here at Saline. When I find out what Pete says, I'll add to this post. I'm sorry for any misinformation I gave in the first posting.

Pete should already know about it. Chuck (skilled trades bargaining rep) knows all about it. He looked into it himself. Where do you think the info you was told came from? :shades:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pete should already know about it. Chuck (skilled trades bargaining rep) knows all about it. He looked into it himself. Where do you think the info you was told came from? :shades:

Well if Chuck knows, it puzzles me that Pete wouldn't know, but I guess they have a lot on their plate so maybe they haven't touched base yet. Oh well, time will tell where the truth lies. I too know the Millwright in question, but I don't have his number or I would have called him as well. Thanks for all the posts concerning my need to post the truth. Hey, I have to look at myself every morning in the mirror and like what I see. My dad taught me when I was a boy that without integrity, a man has nothing. I try to live by those words. We'll pass on the info here when we find out what the deal is.

Another correction to add. When I talked to Pete today he said the Millwright in question went to Diversified, which I guess is the frame division of the Truck Plant? I'm not familiar with all the plants, so I'm not sure what the difference is, but I guess it's a separate building. Anyway, he's at Diversified.

Another correction to add. When I talked to Pete today he said the Millwright in question went to Diversified, which I guess is the frame division of the Truck Plant? I'm not familiar with all the plants, so I'm not sure what the difference is, but I guess it's a separate building. Anyway, he's at Diversified.

Dearborn Diversified Manufacturing Plant is in a seperate build than DTP they make frames in DDMP , the main Ford plants in the Rouge are DTP ( assembly) , DEP (engine plant) DDMP ( frame manufacturing) DSP( stamping mainly P221 parts) ya have servestal in the complex but thats not ford and also DTP's Body shop is represented buy the stamping unit so the body shop has a seperate unit contract than the main paint and final plant.

Why didn't they ask the millwright apprentice from Norfolk Assembly, who has been working on the Chassis line since January '07 at DTP, first?

I'm sure someone here can back me up on this also, or I can just post his name here.

That brings up a question. Do they HAVE to take the people in production at the plant who have Journeyman cards or do they take them at their discretion and can also bypass them at will if they want and hire from outside the plant? (i.e. flowbacks)

That brings up a question. Do they HAVE to take the people in production at the plant who have Journeyman cards or do they take them at their discretion and can also bypass them at will if they want and hire from outside the plant? (i.e. flowbacks)

There are provisions in the contract to give journeypersons the choice to go back through a JSP action to avoid a layoff, or a plant closing sale, flowback etc...

While back in production, whether they took a new DOE at their home plant because they had no production seniority, or whether they got their production seniority date back at their home plant -or due to placement in another plant (you get full doe whether you have production seniority or not at another plant).....they have all of the rights and benefits as any other production person to transfer...and to answer your question...No the company cannot bypass them.

Once back in production they are in "Protected status" and classified as "reduced from trades-but working in production". The Preferential placement hierarchy treats these individuals just like a layed-off tradesperson.

Why didn't they ask the millwright apprentice from Norfolk Assembly, who has been working on the Chassis line since January '07 at DTP, first?

I'm sure someone here can back me up on this also, or I can just post his name here.

Apprentice placement and rights have nothing to do with the JSP provisions of the contract and are under the jurisdiction of the NJAC (National Joint Apprenticeship Committee)

All journeypersons will be placed first through hierarchy, before any apprentices are brought back to the trades, as the journeypersons all have seniority and all of the contract provisions refer to their rights.

Basically, apprentices do not have trade rights such as this until they graduate.

Thank you for clarifying the location, but it still did not happen there either.

Now wait a minute....appreciate the support bro, but Bob is a great guy with a lot of talent and three times my energy level.

I don't know what happened, I used to have energy to spare....I guess it catches up too quick with all of us. I remember when I couldn't wait to be 16 to drive....then 18 to buy beer....then I couldn't wait to be 21 to buy whiskey......now I wish I would have waited longer............

Anyway, thanks for the compliment brother.

Bob King is a great guy?????????????? He is one of the biggest company sellouts I have ever seen in the uaw besides " Give It Away Gettelfinger". A lot of talent for what? Kissing Mually's rear end? Telling us what great buyout packages Fords offering? If they are so great and generous why doesn't he take one??Energy level???? Seems he is using all of his energy to kiss the Ford's @ss. Edited by cecilmeyer

Bob King is a great guy?????????????? He is one of the biggest company sellouts I have ever seen in the uaw besides " Give It Away Gettelfinger". A lot of talent for what? Kissing Mually's rear end? Telling us what great buyout packages Fords offering? If they are so great and generous why doesn't he take one??Energy level???? Seems he is using all of his energy to kiss the Ford's @ss.

:redcard: Are you still working.....collecting a paycheck. Do you know what you are talking about. Bob King has done more for the working class of the World than any 5 people. Bob King and his staff had the vision that will pull Ford out of THEIR screw ups and keep us all working. It is nice to see that people live with blinders on!!

Do I think it is fair? No , it is/was not fair. Do I think senority should prevail? Yes, I do.

Now as for what I think. You might not like what I got to say. If you are in Skilled trades, (who can really blame you), since that is where you want to be. If you flowback then you should flowback into Skilled Trades and not have the choice to go into production. Since the people who are in production do not have the right to flowback into Skilled Trades. Once again going into Skilled Trades was/is your choice and not a company thing.

Skilled Trades has their own contract, they vote seperately on their committeepeople ETC. So why should they have an option to take jobs away from people who bust their ass on the line everyday. Like I said you might not like what I have to say. But you asked what I think and I m saying what I think. Now I do not want to see anyone laid-off no matter how long or what you do.

Do not get mad, you asked and I responded. If you can't handle my comment on this well I can't help that. I wish you good luck and hope it all works out best for each and everyone of you.

First: I am not mad.

Second: I personally signed up for skilled trades for many reasons, but one of the primary reasons was that I had recall rights to production, if my trade had layoffs. At this point, it looks like I may have made a wise decision since my trade is dwindling down to nothing. And I did bust my ass on the line for 4 years before joining the trades.

Have A Swell Day!

Bob King is a great guy?????????????? He is one of the biggest company sellouts I have ever seen in the uaw besides " Give It Away Gettelfinger". A lot of talent for what? Kissing Mually's rear end? Telling us what great buyout packages Fords offering? If they are so great and generous why doesn't he take one??Energy level???? Seems he is using all of his energy to kiss the Ford's @ss.

Some of you really have no idea what the Union has done for us. I worked at the Michigan Casting Center in the 70's. Even on the day we walked out of the plant for the last time, "oh no, we're not closing!" The communications we have received and the buyout packages are far better than anything we dreamed of seeing back then. We were drawing our sub pay taking 10 credits to get one paycheck. Basically, we got 6 months of sub and unemployment. I had a 13 year break in service, working at a non-union company, and I am happy and honored to at least have options as my plant closes. Don't knock OUR Union unless you know what things have been like previously, or better yet, without a union........ Our Union leadership has done a great job!!!

Some of you really have no idea what the Union has done for us. I worked at the Michigan Casting Center in the 70's. Even on the day we walked out of the plant for the last time, "oh no, we're not closing!" The communications we have received and the buyout packages are far better than anything we dreamed of seeing back then. We were drawing our sub pay taking 10 credits to get one paycheck. Basically, we got 6 months of sub and unemployment. I had a 13 year break in service, working at a non-union company, and I am happy and honored to at least have options as my plant closes. Don't knock OUR Union unless you know what things have been like previously, or better yet, without a union........ Our Union leadership has done a great job!!!

Great post brother.....this puts things in perspective for those who have not been on the outside or had to work for a non-union shop, but some will never get it. Nice post and good luck!!

Thank you for clarifying the location, but it still did not happen there either.

Pete called me back today and said that the company tried to do it, but it got stopped, and the Millwright in question is now back in production. So I guess the rumor was true in the beginning but it didn't go through. I'm glad that is the case. Maybe there will be a Millwright opening there soon for one of you guys. Level was right and it seems he has some good connections to find out things. I'm glad I looked into this myself before defending a false rumor. Maybe eventually we will all get back to a plant with our trade and our seniority and be okay? I sure hope so. Peace, brothers.

Edited by fordguy61mi

I remember those days myself!!! Great post...these newer hired people don't realize what we have been through and all the lay-offs we have seen. I've had a break in service, too....let some of the newer people eperience more than a TLO-TLO's were unheard of in our days...everything was a reduction in force without a clue of being called back....

I hate to tell you this Level, But your WRONG. He was put on as a MW. But they did correct it and as of today, He is now on the line in production.

To say it never happened was wrong of you to say. :finger:

I hate to tell you this Level, But your WRONG. He was put on as a MW. But they did correct it and as of today, He is now on the line in production.

To say it never happened was wrong of you to say. :finger:

He never hit the floor one minute as a Millwright, it went down like I said. Not that guys aren't going to try and pull that stunt.........but it won't be allowed.

I could argue with you all day about it...........but I won't. I get my facts straight from the horse's mouth.

Where do you get yours???????????????????????????

He never hit the floor one minute as a Millwright, it went down like I said. Not that guys aren't going to try and pull that stunt.........but it won't be allowed.

I could argue with you all day about it...........but I won't. I get my facts straight from the horse's mouth.

Where do you get yours???????????????????????????

The horses mouth. But which one of us is talking to the wrong end of the horse? Did you happen to speak to the gentleman who indeed worked as a MW?

BTW, Im not arguing. Im just pointing out that your wrong. :shades:

Edited by wildosvt

Level, can you clear up a lingering question we have going on at Maumee for me/us? We had a Millwright go back to production and transfer to AAI I think. Allegedly he has or will be going back to his basic Unit, Wayne Assembly as a production worker. If Wayne Assembly has an opening for a Millwright down the line, where does said employee fall in the heirachy placement. It is my contention that he is a displaced journeyman just like the ones at Maumee and he would be placed in line with his seniority and not top of the list just becasue he is at the plant. Can you clarify this for a few of the folks at Maumee that are concerned? I know I sure could be wrong, but I am not sure and don't want a bad message getting around.