Or warts

CV down 27.7%

GM down 50.9%

TC down 46.8%

oops ....

combined sales: 7,153

less than half of the Fusion

less than the failing Explorer

less than a THIRD of the "wart" Focus ...

oops indeed...

idiot .....

Igor

Edited by igor

CV down 27.7%

GM down 50.9%

TC down 46.8%

oops ....

oops indeed...

idiot .....

Igor

D3's: 9363

Double oops....

CV down 27.7%

GM down 50.9%

TC down 46.8%

oops ....

oops indeed...

idiot .....

Igor

D3's: 9363

Double oops....

"ZOOM!!!!!!"

Did you hear that? It was the sound of the Malibu MURDERING the Fusion last month...:hysterical:

F series sales went into the tank as expected. Anybody have the numbers for DC, GM and Yota? Curious how bad their truck sales were.

Speaking of the focus. I saw at Brandon Ford you could get a S model with auto and air for 10,995. That is a bargain I dont care who you are.

"ZOOM!!!!!!"

Did you hear that? It was the sound of the Malibu MURDERING the Fusion last month...:hysterical:

Murdering?

Malibu sold 17,020 in April. Fusion sold 15,059. Less than 2000 units is "murdering"?? :finger:

MURDERING is what the Focus did to Cobalt sales this month.

You really ought to look up the numbers before you shoot from the hip.

Here's a link to GM's April sales:

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/..._Deliveries.pdf

Edited by NickF1011

Murdering?

Malibu sold 17,020 in April. Fusion sold 15,059. Hardly "murdering". :finger:

You really ought to look up the numbers before you shoot from the hip.

Lets see.....

Fusion, made its debut in 2005

Malibu, 2007

Fusion, all new name plate

Malibu, not so much

Fusion: underpowered V-6, no stability control, no hybrid

Malibu: midpack V-6, stability control and hybrid currently available.

The Fusion is basically at the end of its current life cycle yet still continues to post RETAIL gains. In fact busting April figures since making its way to the market.

Hmm....

Edited by Michael Reynolds

"ZOOM!!!!!!"

"ZOOM!!!!!!"

Did you hear that? It was the sound of the "ward" Focus MURDERING the Cobalt last month...:hysterical:

;)

(and unlike the Fusion, Cobalt has no redesign coming online in 7 months - actually Cobalt has about 18 - 24 months (at best) left on its clock)

Igor

Edited by igor

Lets see.....

Fusion, made its debut in 2005

Malibu, 2007

Fusion, all new name plate

Malibu, not so much

Fusion: underpowered V-6, no stability control, no hybrid

Malibu: midpack V-6, stability control and hybrid currently available.

The Fusion is basically at the end of its current life cycle yet still continues to post RETAIL gains. In fact busting April figures since making its way to the market.

Hmm....

I'd be willing to bet the fusion sales aren't conquest sales, unlike Malibu's.

I personally thought the Malibu was gonna sale more than that, but as long as the average transaction price is high (higher htan Camry actually), and the conquest sale rate is good, I'd say it's a success. I can't really laugh at the fusion, it has been pretty succesful but I'm pretty sure they make less money with it than GM with the malibu (especially if you consider the malibu is built in USA while the fusion in Mexico.. weak US dollar doesn't help ford's case).

Toyota still hasn't published their april sales but Focus could have sold more than the Corolla. Keep in mind though that the marketing genius at Toyota mix the matrix sales with the corolla.

Edit: 32 435 Corollas-Matrix sold. And... crappy Tundra saw sales decline.

Edited by Patate

I personally thought the Malibu was gonna sale more than that, but as long as the average transaction price is high (higher htan Camry actually), and the conquest sale rate is good, I'd say it's a success. I can't really laugh at the fusion, it has been pretty succesful but I'm pretty sure they make less money with it than GM with the malibu (especially if you consider the malibu is built in USA while the fusion in Mexico.. weak US dollar doesn't help ford's case).

Toyota still hasn't published their april sales but Focus could have sold more than the Corolla. Keep in mind though that the marketing genius at Toyota mix the matrix sales with the corolla.

The Malibu's conquest sales are coming from where? IMO it would seem to me that the Fusion would be attracting about the same amount of conquest sales as the Malibu, if not due to the simple fact that it has garnered quite a few quality awards. The Chevy is still un-proven at this point in time.

Yes, the dollar is weak but I'm pretty sure Ford is still reaping the benefit of making those cars down in Hermo.

Edited by Michael Reynolds

From numbers I've seen, Fusion conquest rate is actually pretty good. You have to remember that for the last several years before Fusion, Ford really didn't sell hardly any retail midsize sedans.

Edit: 32 435 Corollas-Matrix sold. And... crappy Tundra saw sales decline.

If I recall from March's sales discussion, Toyota's Corolla sales were right around that, if not a little higher, last year in April.

F series sales went into the tank as expected. Anybody have the numbers for DC, GM and Yota? Curious how bad their truck sales were.

Though GM's car sales declined by only 7.8 percent, it sold 32.3 percent fewer trucks in April than it did a year ago.

Toyota reported a 4.5 percent fall in April U.S. auto sales to 217,700 vehicles after adjusting for two more selling days in the month.

CNBC adjusts sales percentages for the number of selling days in the month. There were 26 sales days this April, versus 24 last April.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/24407432

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

I see Toyota truck sales are off 14.9 % so the trend is across most makes

GM truck sales are in here Silverado/CK PU is off 24.7%

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/..._Deliveries.pdf

Edited by jpd80

I see Toyota truck sales are off 14.9 % so the trend is across most makes

Well yeah, people thinks that oil prices will always be that high.

Recession + high ressources price = less trucks sold

As for the conquest sales, I thought conquest meant that the customer came from another company.

The malibu has 40% conquest sales, and the most traded-in vehicle is the Camry. I don't hate the Fusion: I may take a look at a hybrid fusion if my Cirrus starts giving me trouble. Ford's probably the american brand I put the most trust in. Once the recession is over and truck sales will go up again, I'm pretty sure it'll become a VERY profitable company.

Toyota...and I believe the number was like 10% of 'Bu buyers are trading in their Toyota.

Of the cars traded in for the new 'Bu, 20% are foreign nameplates.

Here the figures for brands traded in on a new Malibu (from Motor Authority, as quoted on The Truth About Cars website):

Chevrolet - 41.5%

Ford - 8.2%

Pontiac - 5.4%

Dodge - 4.6%

Buick - 4.1%

Nissan - 3.4%

Toyota - 3.4%

Chrysler - 2.9%

Oldsmobile - 2.8%

Honda - 2.7%

GMC - 2.3%

Hyundai - 1.9%

Toyota is at 3.4 percent. The majority of people trading for the Malibu already own GM cars.

Edited by grbeck

Toyota...and I believe the number was like 10% of 'Bu buyers are trading in their Toyota.

Of the cars traded in for the new 'Bu, 20% are foreign nameplates.

Hmm. Good for the States, no matter which company it is. :yup:

EDIT: Per the numbers just posted, it only shows 11.4% foreign nameplates. Still, though, a good thing.

Edited by papilgee4evaeva

Hmm. Good for the States, no matter which company it is. :yup:

EDIT: Per the numbers just posted, it only shows 11.4% foreign nameplates. Still, though, a good thing.

Well exactly considering that most consumers feel that American cars are inferior.

In terms of Fusion conquest sales, I can't find much. The only items that I've come across are from 2007:

- http://www.cnbc.com/id/19206703

Indicates 11% were coming from Toyota

- http://media.ford.com/newsroom/feature_dis...m?release=25195

Indicates 49% traded in a competitor

I wonder how these numbers have changed.