Ford Motor Company: April 2008 Sales Figures

igor

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But RWD have more sales Nick seeing that they are at the top of the list.

But the 7 FWD'ers combined outsell the 3 that aren't. And then drop down the list beyond that Top 10 and see where the next RWD vehicle is. I think the only other RWD's in the Top 20 might be the E-series, Tacoma, and Tundra...and possibly the Frontier. Heck, you don't see an actual RWD CAR on the list until the Mustang, which I think sits now somewhere around 25.

But the 7 FWD'ers combined outsell the 3 that aren't. And then drop down the list beyond that Top 10 and see where the next RWD vehicle is. I think the only other RWD's in the Top 20 might be the E-series, Tacoma, and Tundra...and possibly the Frontier. Heck, you don't see an actual RWD CAR on the list until the Mustang, which I think sits now somewhere around 25.

All that matters Nick is the best selling "Car" in America according to CNBC is RWD

RWD is No1 in the States Nick face up to the fact.

All that matters Nick is the best selling "Car" in America according to CNBC is RWD

RWD is No1 in the States Nick face up to the fact.

Yes. RWD is No1 for trucks. No1 for CARS. As Richard said, that in no way indicates Americans prefer RWD. It only indicates Americans prefer TRUCKS.

PS:

Last month, Accord was about 1,000 units away from becoming the best selling =VEHICLE= in the US ...

munch on that ..

FWD, CAR, UNITBODY ...

I am willing to bet, next month we will be mourning the death of F-series' 30 years atop the global and US sales charts as the best selling =VEHICLE=

Igor

Edited by igor

Because 90% of the trucks sold are used as sedans and minivans. Trucks are a fad...just like hybrids.

yup...I remember putting 8 bags of cement along with 40 6ft redwood tongue and grove on top of 8 4x4x8ft redwood fence posts in the Mini....who needs a truck.

F-Series is only sitting at 31 years as best selling =truck= best selling vehicle is more like 25 or so.

Ford old outdated Fiesta sold more unit's than the F-Series last month in Europe it just missed out on the No1 spot by 834 sales.

April Sales 2008

Ford Fiesta 45,666

F-Series 44,813

Because 90% of the trucks sold are used as sedans and minivans. Trucks are a fad...just like hybrids.

You know that that is a blatant lie. The majority of heavy duty trucks (appx 40-50% of trucks sold.......... at least for Ford), are bought to work, or to tow. I wouldn't even say that 90% of half ton trucks are used as sedans.............. it would probably be closer to 50%.

Thus, the majority (definition of majority being over 50%) of trucks are actually bought to work, or tow with. If you don't see a F150 towing all the time.............. well duh. People don't use their boats, RV's, ATV's, etc every day of the week.

Jelly............. man, get off of the RWD trucks are cars thing. Please. Just because some lame publication cannot tell the difference between the word vehicles and cars, does not mean that they are the do-all-end-all of vehicle classification. Frankly, most jounalists, and publications couldn't find their oil dipstick with an instruction manual, a flashlight, and 3 of their closest friends.

Blueblood, it may be a revelation to you.............. but there are places in states that are not "northern states," that actually get snow. See, they have these things called mountains............ that can reach way up into the sky............. and there are roads on some of them (or through some of them). There are even cities in them. However, you have to be right, after all, you are "Blueblood The Magnificent." Your facts are the only facts that exist, and your opinions are the only "facts" that exist, and you are never wrong. I guess those ski slopes here in AZ are just a figment of someones warped and sick imagination. :rolleyes:

BTW Blueblood, why do you insist that if someone argues about your misinformation, that they are 100% fans of what you don't like?? Case in point, my Tribute is the first FWD based vehicle that I have ever owned (I'm 43). Everything else has been RWD. Yet, because I am argueing against your ridiculous statements, I am a FWD humper............... who doesn't know anything about how great RWD is. You don't know me, and you know nothing about me. You don't know how many engines I have built, or how many vehicles I have modified. Believe it or not, the world is not black and white............... it is mainly shades of gray. To "assume" that everything is exactly as you think it is, is to be proven to be a fool.

That said, SVT Contours, and SVT Foci were great drivers cars. I appreciate them for what they are, not which wheels they drive. With me, it is all about the handling.

Finally, you give the buying public way too much credit. The majority of them buy BMW's and Mercedes because they are BMW's and Mercedes........... not because they are RWD. Audi makes some great driving FWD based cars, and people buy them also. They buy them because they are Audi's. We owned an auto repair and towing business for 9 years, and I can tell you that the majority of people don't even know how many cylinders their engine is.............. much less which end drives the car/truck.

You know that that is a blatant lie. The majority of heavy duty trucks (appx 40-50% of trucks sold.......... at least for Ford), are bought to work, or to tow. I wouldn't even say that 90% of half ton trucks are used as sedans.............. it would probably be closer to 50%.

Thus, the majority (definition of majority being over 50%) of trucks are actually bought to work, or tow with. If you don't see a F150 towing all the time.............. well duh. People don't use their boats, RV's, ATV's, etc every day of the week.

Jelly............. man, get off of the RWD trucks are cars thing. Please. Just because some lame publication cannot tell the difference between the word vehicles and cars, does not mean that they are the do-all-end-all of vehicle classification. Frankly, most jounalists, and publications couldn't find their oil dipstick with an instruction manual, a flashlight, and 3 of their closest friends.

Blueblood, it may be a revelation to you.............. but there are places in states that are not "northern states," that actually get snow. See, they have these things called mountains............ that can reach way up into the sky............. and there are roads on some of them (or through some of them). There are even cities in them. However, you have to be right, after all, you are "Blueblood The Magnificent." Your facts are the only facts that exist, and your opinions are the only "facts" that exist, and you are never wrong. I guess those ski slopes here in AZ are just a figment of someones warped and sick imagination. :rolleyes:

BTW Blueblood, why do you insist that if someone argues about your misinformation, that they are 100% fans of what you don't like?? Case in point, my Tribute is the first FWD based vehicle that I have ever owned (I'm 43). Everything else has been RWD. Yet, because I am argueing against your ridiculous statements, I am a FWD humper............... who doesn't know anything about how great RWD is. You don't know me, and you know nothing about me. You don't know how many engines I have built, or how many vehicles I have modified. Believe it or not, the world is not black and white............... it is mainly shades of gray. To "assume" that everything is exactly as you think it is, is to be proven to be a fool.

That said, SVT Contours, and SVT Foci were great drivers cars. I appreciate them for what they are, not which wheels they drive. With me, it is all about the handling.

Finally, you give the buying public way too much credit. The majority of them buy BMW's and Mercedes because they are BMW's and Mercedes........... not because they are RWD. Audi makes some great driving FWD based cars, and people buy them also. They buy them because they are Audi's. We owned an auto repair and towing business for 9 years, and I can tell you that the majority of people don't even know how many cylinders their engine is.............. much less which end drives the car/truck.

FWD cars are shit to work on, RWD engine bays don't resemble a FWD sardine tin.

Yes, indeed. Meanwhile I wait on the Fiesta and the Ford/Getrag. :)

why do I get the distinct feeling SOMEONE will insert something to do with the :redcard: engine bay soon, if not immediately......... :banghead:

Eh, to be honest, the only place there's really an abundance of room under the hood of a :redcard: is in front of the engine. If you take the fan and front engine cover off, you can work on the rest of the engine while standing in the engine bay. :)

The correct way of doing things...

The utter wrong way of doing things.

how the fuck so? It transverse mounting seems like the perfect way of sending power to the front wheels ...

Igor

how the fuck so? It transverse mounting seems like the perfect way of sending power to the front wheels ...

Igor

Or he's just referring to the unnecessary plastic covers slathered all over engine bays these days. I would agree with him there to a point, if that's his contention. Ford has some damn ugly engine bays in their cars here. At the very least do something with Lincoln! Even if they do absolutely nothing from a performance standpoint, it lends a bit more of a look of quality to the engine bay.

Edited by NickF1011