Ford Motor Company: April 2008 Sales Figures

igor

more ads will sell old fart-mobiles? no one watches TV commercials anymore.

The Grand Marq is in the sales toilet, eventaully all the grandpapas who bought them in the 80s/90s would be not driving or pased on by now, time to put a fork in it and all of Mercury.

and, i love "babbling" on here too!

Not just advertising, INVESTMENT.

But you wanna ignore that and focus on commercials....that's fine. How about a commercial WITH Jill Wagner in a hottie dress telling us snippets like...."GMQ = "Safest Fullsize Car in America".....or "Best Selling Mercury Ever".....maybe even "Highest Owner Loyalty in its Class" or perhaps "Only fullsize platform on the market tested and passed for 75 MPH + rear end collisions"?. Eh? No? You're right...who the hell shopping for a fullsize car would wanna be informed of ANY of that....

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

There's that "soon there will be NO MORE old people for the rest of time to buy the Panthers" logic again.

retard.gif

+1

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you wanna ignore that and focus on commercials....that's fine. How about a commercial WITH Jill Wagner in a hottie dress telling us snippets like...."GMQ = "Safest Fullsize Car in America".....or "Best Selling Mercury Ever".....maybe even "Highest Owner Loyalty in its Class" or perhaps "Only fullsize platform on the market tested and passed for 75 MPH + rear end collisions"?. Eh? No? You're right...who the hell shopping for a fullsize car would wanna be informed of ANY of that....

+1

I think you have some valuable points. But I think it may be too late for the Panthers. The amount of $ to get them back into the public may be at this point far too much to bother with.

I think you have some valuable points. But I think it may be too late for the Panthers. The amount of $ to get them back into the public may be at this point far too much to bother with.

I say the amount of $$$ required is far less than starting over from scratch...not to mention taking a big risk losing ALL your fullsize RWD base customers (commercial fleet) in the process WITH looming CAFE in now 2015 or the latest 2020. :reading:

I say the amount of $$$ required is far less than starting over from scratch...not to mention taking a big risk losing ALL your fullsize RWD base customers (commercial fleet) in the process WITH looming CAFE in now 2015 or the latest 2020. :reading:

What is your fascination with Ford continuing to build these relics from days gone by? Looking down your list you don't even own one. If you think it is worthwhile for Ford to continue to build these cars then by all means go out and buy a new 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis. I prefer that Ford focuses on new modern unibody FWD and AWD passenger cars because that is what MOST people want and Ford has to be a company that builds vehicles for the masses not a few hundred nursing home residents.

The 2010 Taurus can't get here fast enough because that is the future. Ford needs to ensure that every resource is put into making the 2010 Taurus the best full size car they have ever built. The last thing they need to do is waste a penny of that precious money on the Grandma Marquis.

Most people do NOT want FWD cars, virtually all luxury cars people actually aspire to buy are RWD, so is every truck and traditional SUV.

People settle for FWD, people want RWD.

If by "people" you mean that 1/4th of a percent of the public who knows the difference... then your definition of "people" is slightly more restrictive than Hitler's.

What is your fascination with Ford continuing to build these relics from days gone by? Looking down your list you don't even own one. If you think it is worthwhile for Ford to continue to build these cars then by all means go out and buy a new 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis.

If little ol' ME laying purchase to one RIGHT NOW would insure Ford producing them into the foreseeable future, then where do I sign?

I prefer that Ford focuses on new modern unibody FWD and AWD passenger cars because that is what MOST people want and Ford has to be a company that builds vehicles for the masses not a few hundred nursing home residents.

The 2010 Taurus can't get here fast enough because that is the future. Ford needs to ensure that every resource is put into making the 2010 Taurus the best full size car they have ever built. The last thing they need to do is waste a penny of that precious money on the Grandma Marquis.

That's right....you throw Dad outta the house on the off chance unborn Jr. will bring home the bacon....especially considering his two predecessors (D3 500 & D3 Taurus) have been a boatload of FAIL.......now that's S-M-R-T.

smrt.jpg

Edited by Armada Master

If by "people" you mean that 1/4th of a percent of the public who knows the difference... then your definition of "people" is slightly more restrictive than Hitler's.

No matter how you try to spin it the cars people actually desire are all RWD or RWD based for the most part.

Hitler has nothing to do with it.

If little ol' ME laying purchase to one RIGHT NOW would insure Ford producing them into the foreseeable future, then where do I sign?

That's right....you throw Dad outta the house on the off chance unborn Jr. will bring home the bacon....especially considering his two predecessors (D3 500 & D3 Taurus) have been a boatload of FAIL.......now that's S-M-R-T.

smrt.jpg

What's funny is that the CV outsold the Taurus last month :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Most people do NOT want FWD cars, virtually all luxury cars people actually aspire to buy are RWD, so is every truck and traditional SUV.

People settle for FWD, people want RWD.

There is only one problem with that theory...

Why are the Chrysler LX cars down by double digits this year? You state that all people WANT RWD. Considering those cars don't really have any RWD competition in the price/size category (Panther hardly counts anymore) they should be flying off the lots.

Doesn't everyone want a big HEMI V8 and RWD??? :stirpot:

Only on BON, folks, only on BON, will you find a car dang near double its retail volume year over year while still being referred to by a profanity laced nickname.

By people who predicted its failure and were WRONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I always liked the new design of the Focus, although I prefer the EU version. But those that were bashing it were, the trolls that don't buy Ford, and people that don't even buy from that segment.

There is only one problem with that theory...

Why are the Chrysler LX cars down by double digits this year? You state that all people WANT RWD. Considering those cars don't really have any RWD competition in the price/size category (Panther hardly counts anymore) they should be flying off the lots.

Doesn't everyone want a big HEMI V8 and RWD??? :stirpot:

You'd think 4 dollar a gallon gas would have already answered that for you.

Let's see, what vehicle sold almost a million units just a few short years ago? Oh that's right, a RWD truck called the F-150, but you're right, nobody wants RWD, that's why the Ridgline is soooo popular!

I always liked the new design of the Focus, although I prefer the EU version. But those that were bashing it were, the trolls that don't buy Ford, and people that don't even buy from that segment.

Well I own a Focus, and have sold several to friends, what has Ford done now that mine is paid off? Can I go buy the incredible ST that they sell in third world shithole Mexico? Nope, they shitcan the hatchbacks, give us this hideous 2 door, and take away everything that made a Focus, a Focus. Hell they even took away the remote trunk release and telescoping steering column. I want a performance version of the Focus, and they expect me to step down? So I don't know why the yes men here find it so hard to understand, maybe it's because they are the people that don't own the cars, in fact, many of the cheerleaders here drive imports and GM's/Mopars, so that would explain their confusion.

I don't know what I'm going to do, the Mustang isn't getting the 5.0 until 2011, but that's a long way away, I was hoping to get a new car next year, and a factory turbo Focus hatch would be nice, but Ford doesn't want to sell one here.

This is what is so great about this place, you arguing with self appointed experts....

Go out and ask your typical car buyer if the car they are buying is Front or Rear Wheel drive and most of them will look at you like you have horns growing out of your head.

As for people aspiring to own RWD cars, just because most "luxury" car manufactures still use RWD, just doesn't make it coveted by car buyers...it just come that way. If they made their cars FWD, they still would be buying it, because of the Name or Cache it has....explain why Audi doesnt have any problems selling FWD cars then.

Too many people complaining about their wants since they feel important if they do....

I have seen adverts for the GM and Town Car before. GM had a young girl looking at one, while the advert proclaimed leather and V8 for $25,000 (no mention of incentives). The TC ad compared it to a Mercedes S class (V8, leather, nav system for half the price). I haven't seen those ads for 2 years now, and I see just as many GMs and TCs around Naples, with the same 70+ year olds driving them. Advertising hasn't brought in any new customers, the people that buy them are the same people that bought them before (highest customer loyalty). The panthers are dieing and their expiration date looks to be about the same as their purchasers.

Edited by V8 Ford

This is what is so great about this place, you arguing with self appointed experts....

Go out and ask your typical car buyer if the car they are buying is Front or Rear Wheel drive and most of them will look at you like you have horns growing out of your head.

As for people aspiring to own RWD cars, just because most "luxury" car manufactures still use RWD, just doesn't make it coveted by car buyers...it just come that way. If they made their cars FWD, they still would be buying it, because of the Name or Cache it has....explain why Audi doesnt have any problems selling FWD cars then.

Too many people complaining about their wants since they feel important if they do....

Thank you for stating the obvious............ that isn't so obvious to some here.

I would venture to guess, that if you asked 100 BMW owners, if their car was FWD or RWD.............. 90% probably would not have a clue.

Buying RWD by default (meaning that is the only way it comes) does not mean that the buying public goes out looking for it. Buying a RWD truck............. please............. that arguement is so stupid that I won't even go there.

Stating that the CV, which is 100% fleet, outsold the Taurus.............. is also stupid. Gee, what a revelation............. taxi companies / police stations needed to buy new cars last month. :rolleyes:

I loved the SVT Focus. I would still like to own one. However, I realize that me, being an enthusiast, is not really the market............. in the big picture. To think so, is to be so self centered, as to be ridiculous. Ford is trying to get the masses to buy their products............... so that they can MAKE MONEY. Once they are making money, consistantly, they will be able to play with niches like performance editions. I understand that.............. why can't some of you?

Thank you for stating the obvious............ that isn't so obvious to some here.

I would venture to guess, that if you asked 100 BMW owners, if their car was FWD or RWD.............. 90% probably would not have a clue.

You have no idea what BMW buyers do or donot know about their cars, I'd say they know a lot more than those buying generic FWD sedans like the Camry.

People actually buy BMW's out of desire.

Buying RWD by default (meaning that is the only way it comes) does not mean that the buying public goes out looking for it. Buying a RWD truck............. please............. that arguement is so stupid that I won't even go there.

and people have what choice when they buy hundreds of thousands of FWD only camry's and Accord's? You shouldn't talk of stupidity.

Stating that the CV, which is 100% fleet, outsold the Taurus.............. is also stupid. Gee, what a revelation............. taxi companies / police stations needed to buy new cars last month. :rolleyes:

Yea, and they didn't want FWD cars that can't hop curbs, this fact doesn't bode well for your beloved FWD understeering sleds.

I loved the SVT Focus. I would still like to own one. However, I realize that me, being an enthusiast, is not really the market............. in the big picture. To think so, is to be so self centered, as to be ridiculous. Ford is trying to get the masses to buy their products............... so that they can MAKE MONEY. Once they are making money, consistantly, they will be able to play with niches like performance editions. I understand that.............. why can't some of you?

Why do people like you think FWD is so wonderful? Do you still believe that nonsense the car companies told you in the 80's that it was superior because it was "new".

and people have what choice when they buy hundreds of thousands of FWD only camry's and Accord's? You shouldn't talk of stupidity.

Why do people like you think FWD is so wonderful? Do you still believe that nonsense the car companies told you in the 80's that it was superior because it was "new".

Whats so great about RWD that makes it so vastly superior then FWD?

Like its been stated over and over before, most people don't give a shit about what wheels are driving and I'd say most of them would perfer FWD car if they live in area that has snow over RWD.

FWD is fine for the vast majority of applications that people drive in, I doubt that people even approach using the full extent of their cars capitily, they are lucky if they use 10-15%...much like you using your mind...